Anderson Silva has only lost 4 times in his career -WITHOUT controversy

1st loss vs Luiz Azeredo
Lost a decision, was only his 3rd fight so honestly doesn't mean much. No controversy.

2nd loss vs Daiju Takase
Tapped out in the first round. No controversy.

3rd loss vs Ryo Chonan
Somewhat even fight until the flying scissor heel hook of doom. No controversy.

4th loss vs Yushin Okami
Blatant upkick to the face while Yushin was grounded, Silva was justly DQ'ed. No controversy.

5th loss vs Chris Weidman
Weidman wins the first round, Anderson starting to take over until he taunts and gets caught. No controversy.

6th loss vs Chris Weidman
Weidman has a dominant first round, Silva looking a bit better in the 2nd then snaps his leg off of a checked kick. This barely ever happens, and even if the end result wasn't flukey, the how was. Controversy here.

7th loss vs Michael Bisping
Bisping wins first two rounds. Was winning the 3rd until the knee at the bell. Bisping comes out and wins the 4th and drops the fifth, leaving Bisping up 3-2. If Anderson didn't spend two minutes celebrating after the knee, or came out hard the 4th round he would've won, but he didn't. No controversy.

8th loss vs Daniel Cormier
Took a fight against the 205lbs champion on 3 days notice and didn't get finished and hurt DC at one point, but still lost. No controversy.

I count 1/8 TS.

You're either a AS hater or a complete idiot. Do you even know what controversy means?.......dumbass

There's your problem right here. You have all the facts you need right here on SHERDOG and you're going over to Wikipedia like some hipster :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. Smarten up.
I like Wikipedia setup better for fight records.
Just saying

Considering he was loaded to the gills with anabolic steroids I'd say all his wins are controversial as well ;)
All bar Brunson - and you'd have a decent argument that win really was a gift

How exactly is getting KO's when showboating or breaking your leg "controversial", I would say both are pretty dam obvious in terms of official decisions.

the Weidman fights are only controversial if you're a fanboy Weidman won almost every second of both fights

You're right, he clearly lost both fights.

However, this idiotic statement keeps getting repeated.
A muay thai/bjj fighter will always be losing "be losing every second" against a strong wrestler under the Unified Rules.

You might have noticed that, if you weren't busy hating and actually watched Silva's fights against Dan Henderson, Chael Sonnen, or Travis Lutter.
OMG, he was losing every second....right up to the final sequence.
Weidman calms down after a dominant 1st round against all his opponents. He struggles to get further TD's. He wasn't even winning those 2nd rounds, before the bizarre endings.
All of this is incredibly obvious.
Which is exactly why repeating "Weidman was winning every second" is an idiotic thing to say or believe.

yeah but jon jones has never lost

No controversy in any of Weidman-Silva fights.

Just like to point out, Jones has had no mma loses where he lost because the opponent was better..... his only loss was a disqualifycation due to him doing straight angled elbows. Juts shows how crazily good he is

Considering he was loaded to the gills with anabolic steroids I'd say all his wins are controversial as well ;)

Dude had a dick problem, what's he gonna do?

Well, Brunson is an illegitimate win IMO.

Even if TS was right (which he is not because Andy lost all those fights except the leg break in clean and obvious fashion) Andy would still have more legit losses than any other GOAT candidate.

You're either a AS hater or a complete idiot. Do you even know what controversy means?.......dumbass

Anderson Silva is actually my 2nd favourite fighter behind JDS. Try again.

you're going into BJ / shogun fanboy territory here.

Back