Anderson Silva’s longevity is amazing.

Seeing Shogun at age 36 get KOed by a 29-13 journeyman Smith really puts things in perspective.

Anderson is way past his prime years at age 43, yet he just won a UD over #6 Derek Brunson who is one of MW’s best KO artist. Brunson has 6 KO/TKOs over the last three years against guys like Machida/Hall.

Don’t forget, just two years ago at age 41 Silva went 3 rounds with current HW champion DC. He even hurt DC bad with a body kick in round 3, despite being on two days notice.

AND, Silva was signed to fight legend killer Kelvin Gastelum last November before being wrongfully slandered a second time with PED accusations.

The MW GOAT has now been cleared of two wrongful PED accusations.
He is still able to compete with the elite at age 43 despite being wrongfully slandered twice. Amazing.

Put some HESPECK on Silva’s name.

<{silvanormal}><{silvanormal}><{silvanormal}>
View attachment 410651View attachment 410653

How was he slandered? He popped hot, USADA informed him he did, Silva just had tainted supplements. He still had the PED's in his system, that is not slander, it was up to Silva to come up with a viable defense of WHY they were in his system.

And the only way DC was able to neutralize him was to lay his HW body on him for the whole fight
oh, I we pretending now that DC didn't take it easy on Anderson and carry him? He was appreciative that Anderson saved his payday and carried him. it was blatant.

Please tell me you don't believe the Shogun was just on good diet and vitamins his whole career?

There is zero proof Shogun ever used any steroids. Zero. Nada. None. Not a single thing you can point to as being suspect about him. Shogun declined like a natural dude. Don't lump him in with some of his juicer teammates.

There is zero proof Shogun ever used any steroids. Zero. Nada. None. Not a single thing you can point to as being suspect about him. Shogun declined like a natural dude. Don't lump him in with some of his juicer teammates.
I like Shogun a lot, but I'm not delusional about how PEDs are used in this sport.
Shogun is not a 'bad' person for using them, because the level at which the sport is, you cannot compete at the top without being on PEDs.
But if you want to believe your hero was spot clean while all his teammate were juicing up, that's upto you. I'm not going to tell you what to believe in.

The dude got busted for Steroids, who cares what he does?

I like Shogun a lot, but I'm not delusional about how PEDs are used in this sport.
Shogun is not a 'bad' person for using them, because the level at which the sport is, you cannot compete at the top without being on PEDs.
But if you want to believe your hero was spot clean while all his teammate were juicing up, that's upto you. I'm not going to tell you what to believe in.

Thats silly man. Yes a lot of people use roids but to say flat out literally all of them, is asinine. Just because you would justify using if you were a fighter, doesnt mean every guy does. Shogun in his peak physical shape in PRIDE was not big at all. Easily obtainable naturally. And since then he has only gotten flabbier and more injury prone. So I'm not sure where the hints of steroid use are that you must be seeing.

One thing that really helped Anderson Silva in comparison to Shogun is that during his prime, Silva was barely hit. Anderson never got into crazy career-shortening wars like Nogueira vs Shogun and Henderson vs Shogun
No doubt. Anderson was a great counter fighter and very elusive whereas Shogun was a brawler. He and wanted to engage in wars of attrition where the best man was left standing.

But what really helped Anderson was he was a great fighter, fighting mostly much lower level comp for much of his MW run. You look at Machida who was arguably even more elusive than Anderson and as good a counter fighter but he had to fight other greats far more often who were able to adapt and counter his game.

I do believe had it been Machida at MW for Anderson's run that he has a great chance to have the same success as there are very few fights I see that Anderson had that would challenge Machida stylistically. Hendo was not catching him with the HBomb in his prime. Vitor, well they fought and I don't see it being much different at any point. Blitzing Machida in his prime was the exact wrong way to fight him.

I SEE your picture and RAISE you!

andersonsilva1.jpg

Natty > Getting popped.....twice
Funny how these cheats end up using contaminated supplements, might even seem like their teams are looking for them.

I tell you what. If I was a 'fixer' for a top fighter on Roids I would have a relationship with any of these smaller fly by night Supplement COmpanies to make sure they always had a batch, sealed and ready, containing any of the compounds my athlete was taking.

Its like an insurance policy. He gets caught, then boom, point at the supplement company and have them pull out sealed batches for testing that magically have those things in them. Athlete is cleared and Supplement company owners get a fat cheque.

It would almost be negligent to not have that type of insurance in the bag if you were a regular steroid user playing the game.

Stopped reading at Derek Brunson and was already hesitant due to TS' generally horrible threads.

Brb, popping some roids.

Edit: You are right, my head and hands are moving so much faster now. Fuck work ethic.

Lance Armstrong had excellent work ethic too. So did Barry Bonds.

If I were you, I wouldn't take PED's while at work. They gave you a bigger head.

Anderson got out Chute Boxe early, rest is history, plus he has a different style of fighting, which involves receiving less damage.......

oh, I we pretending now that DC didn't take it easy on Anderson and carry him? He was appreciative that Anderson saved his payday and carried him. it was blatant.

no,you're an idiot if you think Dc would take it easy on Silva knowing Silva is a finisher. You pride fans are dumb as a rock and straight up delusional, so there's no point in pointing out logic.

And you actually believe Shogun was clean in pride, lmao.

no,you're an idiot if you think Dc would take it easy on Silva knowing Silva is a finisher. You pride fans are dumb as a rock and straight up delusional, so there's no point in pointing out logic.

And you actually believe Shogun was clean in pride, lmao.

I bet you havent even seen the fight. Just a wikipedia reading expert to check the results

This is true

He could've retired after the first tough fight against Chael, like GSP did against Hendricks

Yet Silva kept fighting and even gave the American Gangster a rightful rematch ..
and finished him again

Anderson Silva is a true mixed martial artist
People like you remind me this forum still has hope.

Back