Anderson Silva’s longevity is amazing.

Bullshit.

Prime Anderson never lost. He went on a 17
fight win streak with 15 finishes (13 within 2 rounds), 10 title defneses, and 3 LHW KOs.

Prime GSP consisted of 7 straight decisions (8/9 decisions), tapping to strikes to Serra, and being retired by Hendricks.

Anderson > GSP

Deal with it.
Dude GSP lost at age 27. Anderson lost at 28/29 so he was more into his prime than GSP.

He just needed to go to the very weak UFC MW division where he could win.

Accept it.

You have to be stupid to believe he is clean.

20 years of MMA and still active and fit in his fourties while we see others decline in their early thirties. And he already got popped.

If you believe every tainted supplement story then basically noone ever used PEDs in this sport.
He's got great Genes

Anderson > GSP as confirmed by the people that matter, their peers.

And it isn’t close.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/your-fighter´s-goat.3730621/page-11

Fedor: 37
Silva: 36
Jones: 29
GSP: 16

Everyone has called you on being that dumb.

if you look at rankings in 1990 Federer was not even considered in the top 20.

WTF how can that be when he is considered to be #1 by everyone today??

The answer is the voting was taking place before he accomplished his biggest feats just as the poll you point to did.

If I point to a poll before Anderson came to the UFC do you think his peers would name him GOAT?

Again stop being stupid as if a poll before GSP became a two division champ taking that MW belt matters today.

Everyone has called you on being that dumb.

if you look at rankings in 1990 Federer was not even considered in the top 20.

WTF how can that be when he is considered to be #1 by everyone today??

The answer is the voting was taking place before he accomplished his biggest feats just as the poll you point to did.

If I point to a poll before Anderson came to the UFC do you think his peers would name him GOAT?

Again stop being stupid as if a poll before GSP became a two division champ taking that MW belt matters today.
Anderson > GSP as confirmed by their peers.

Polls done years in the past before major accomplishments have no meaning today.

Deal with it.
Anderson is greater than GSP.

Finishes > Snoozefest decisions and ducking

Deal with it.

Don't forget that injection of phenomenal reflexes and iron chin juice, lol. If steroids gave you talent, then CM Punk could be champ. Better recovery? Yes. Extended training? Yes. But they won't turn chicken shit into chicken salad.

You clearly know nothing about performance enhancing .drugs. Training more makes you better at techniques. Steroids help you train more. Fuck you guys are on other dimensions of ignorant.

You clearly know nothing of the English language. Where do you see anything in my post about PEDs not improving technique? I said they don't give you phenomenal reflexes. They don't. I said they don't give you an iron chin. They don't. I said they allow you to extend your training and you argued that they help you train more. That's the same fucking thing, Einstein. I said they don't give you natural talent and won't turn CM Punk into Anderson Silva. They won't. Perhaps they aid in reading comprehension? Give 'em a try and let us know ...

Last edited:
One thing that really helped Anderson Silva in comparison to Shogun is that during his prime, Silva was barely hit. Anderson never got into crazy career-shortening wars like Nogueira vs Shogun and Henderson vs Shogun

The guy has great head movement and a defensive counter punching style. Outside fighters tend to have longer careers than inside ones.

Anderson is greater than GSP.

Finishes > Snoozefest decisions and ducking

Deal with it.

Natty > Getting popped.....twice
Funny how these cheats end up using contaminated supplements, might even seem like their teams are looking for them.

Seeing Shogun at age 36 get KOed by a 29-13 journeyman Smith really puts things in perspective.

Anderson is way past his prime years at age 43, yet he just won a UD over #6 Derek Brunson who is one of MW’s best KO artist. Brunson has 6 KO/TKOs over the last three years against guys like Machida/Hall.

Don’t forget, just two years ago at age 41 Silva went 3 rounds with current HW champion DC. He even hurt DC bad with a body kick in round 3, despite being on two days notice.

AND, Silva was signed to fight legend killer Kelvin Gastelum last November before being wrongfully slandered a second time with PED accusations.

The MW GOAT has now been cleared of two wrongful PED accusations.
He is still able to compete with the elite at age 43 despite being wrongfully slandered twice. Amazing.

Put some HESPECK on Silva’s name.

<{silvanormal}><{silvanormal}><{silvanormal}>
View attachment 410651View attachment 410653
That makes Mousasi a paradox. 14 years, most as an elite having 50 MMA fights and winning 44 of them, 36 stoppages AND IN HIS PRIME NOW AT 32 and watching the best Mousasi now......also included in that is a 9-3 run in UFC and 12-3 zuffa banner

Lot's of time to rest on his USADA vacations.

It really is. I was thinking about it while watching shogun get knocked around silly.

Anderson is just so naturally nimble. Even if he loses a step and a half he still moves twice as well as anybody else.

On top of that, he’s practically a striking genius.

Its almost like there 2 COMPLETLEY different fighters. Like Shogun was a kill or be killed type fighter who took way more damage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back