Anderson is unbelievable...

Anderson was the fucking man. But ya now he's a old roid tainted has been. Should have retired years ago. And Diaz is a legend now? Nah don't think so

Meh at that "1-4" in last 5. DC fight was 2 days notice and against the champion of LHW, while Silva is a MW, it was a favor for UFC and fans. The second Weidman fight is totally bullshit, a accident. I see it as 1-2 in last 3 real fights and Bisping one (currently champion) being competitive as fuck. Depends of how you wanna see it.

Brunson was very tentative if ur that tentative and u lose don't be surprised

Yet he did more than Anderson. Anderson must have been really really tentative to be outstruck, outgrappled and have less input

Yet he did more than Anderson. Anderson must have been really really tentative to be outstruck, outgrappled and have less input

ur acting like this is Hamill-Bisping level the fight wasn't even entertaining it was that boring lol should have went for the KO but didn't that's his fault obviously Silva is a legend u can't just dance around him u have to bring the fight to him which he didnt

ur acting like this is Hamill-Bisping level the fight wasn't even entertaining it was that boring lol should have went for the KO but didn't that's his fault obviously Silva is a legend u can't just dance around him u have to bring the fight to him which he didnt

You still haven't told me how Anderson won that fight lol

If you watch the gif, Anderson lands the knee, sees Bisping go down hard, and sees Herb Dean running in toward Bisping. I can see how Anderson thought he won it by walk off KO. It sure looks like Herb Dean is about to stop it, but then he changes his mind and decides not to. By then Anderson is already facing away.

It really was the perfect storm and an odd circumstance. On one hand, Anderson certainly would have finished Bisping with a follow up punch or two, as Herb Dean was already rushing in and I believe Bisping would not have been able to recover had Silva followed up. But on the other hand, Anderson walked off thinking he had won, which gave Bisping a chance to survive. It's ultimately Anderson's fault, but I can understand why he thought the fight was done with the way Herb Dean came rushing in.

The fact that's he's still able to compete against these guys is a feat in and of itself.
giphy.gif

No. He clearly lost to Brunson, and while the Bisping fight was close, most people would agree Bisping edged it, largely because Andy was too inactive. I had money on Anderson in that fight, and I still scored it for Bisping at the time.

He hurt DC with one kick for a few seconds, but lets not forget that fight was an easy 30-26 or 30-25 where DC took down and sat on Andy at will. That's not a competitive fight. I don't hold that against Anderson, though, given the circumstances.
I had Anderson beating ping. didn't even think that was debatable at the time watching it and I had money on mike. almost felt bad taking my buddies money on that one.

I changed my wording.

Honestly, Silva was relying on Herb being a good ref and stopping the fight. It's a travesty Herb was waiting for follow-up punches where it was clear that Bisping wasn't able to intelligently defend.

Like I said, I think the Brunson fight was a draw. Silva's striking was very precise and Brunson was very timid. It was Brunson's fight to win.

Bisping covers up and starts talking to Herb straight away yeah man he was totally out and not defending at all.

Fucking stupid dork.

For the people too dumb to understand why Brunson lost the fight vs Silva...

Because he didn't fight. When you look terrified in front of the judges, it's hard for them to give you credit, even if you're winning on a strike for strike basis. His lack of spine cost him the fight.

he lost to Brunson

For the people too dumb to understand why Brunson lost the fight vs Silva...

Because he didn't fight. When you look terrified in front of the judges, it's hard for them to give you credit, even if you're winning on a strike for strike basis. His lack of spine cost him the fight.
I agree.

When i watched it live I felt it was very close and the decision could go either way, slightly leaning toward Anderson.

I have not watched it since but I see the statistics that say Brunson outstruck him. But those are the same sources that say Ronda landed 7 punches on Nunes. Perhaps they were counting a lot of insignificant shots. I remember Brunson landing some punches in the clinch but I don't remember feeling Anderson was dominated in any way.

I will have to watch that fight again soon.

Unanimous decision

Stop repeating yourself. We know he got gifted a decision. I am asking you what he did to win other than lose the stand-up, grappled and activity?

Well i guess that's one way of looking at a guy knocking you out one match then breaking your leg the next, getting busted for steroids after that and going 1-4-1 with the lone win...... not really being a win
<Y2JSmirk>

But don't mind me, you have your Silva circlejerk nevertheless
This.

Bisping covers up and starts talking to Herb straight away yeah man he was totally out and not defending at all.

Fucking stupid dork.
May I ask you to rewatch the gif again before you insult me like this? Do you even read your own posts?

Prime Anderson Silva beats every MW and LHW (besides prolly Juiced Jones) in MMA history.

Back