Anderson is unbelievable...

Regardless of what anyone says, Silva’s career has been remarkable.

Yup the guys 40, came back after that horrific injury n still competitive with top guys in mma (even weight class above)

Compare that to fedor who’s getting his ass kick by ppl no longer in ufc

I agree with OP except Brunson won

Those judges made me look like an idiot. I was watching with my brother and a few friends who were in town. None of them are real fight fans. I was talking shit the whole fight about how if Anderson's hanging around to fight like that he should just retire because he didn't look like he even cared if he won anymore and how he was just there for a paycheck and was giving the fight away.

And then they gave him the decision and made him look like a fighting genius (which he is... but he wasn't that night, damnit).

Yup the guys 40, came back after that horrific injury n still competitive with top guys in mma (even weight class above)

Compare that to fedor who’s getting his ass kick by ppl no longer in ufc

Naw. Judged by the same sort of criteria, Fedor is looking okay, too. Both of them are done with beating up on tope ten sorts of guys, but they're both still dangerous dudes.

(And "ppl no longer in the ufc" is a crappy measure. It's like judging a baseball player for being struck out by a guy who pitches for the Tigers. So what? A fight is a fight.)

{<doc}

So one body shot equals 25 mins of wrestle fuck ?

That was the beauty of Pride judging.
Ninja Rua dominated Dan Henderson for 99% of their fight.
Towards the very end, Hendo rocked Ninja badly with a hook.

Hendo took the decision.
Good old days, where a moment of near-finish was far more valuable than this Unified Rules concept of “domination”.

Sounds like we're more or less in agreement about the Bisping fight then.

I've read that article before, and while it states why some might have been fooled into scoring the fight for Anderson, it also specifically states that Brunson deserved the nod.

Look, I don't want to come across as an Anderson hater here. I was pulling for him in all fights we discussed except the one against DC. I just don't see how Brunson didn't win that fight. I'm not saying he dominated or anything, but I didn't find the rounds hard to score.

You're definitely the worst type of MMA fan. A nerd who relies purely on statistics to make arguments. Even your sig shows your obsession with stats. "Outlanding" doesn't tell the whole story, you goofball. It's about what you land and how.

If you can't even comprehend that aspect of the sport you are not qualified to make such absolute statements about close fights. You've presented yourself as a clown in this thread.

You're definitely the worst type of MMA fan. A nerd who relies purely on statistics to make arguments. Even your sig shows your obsession with stats. "Outlanding" doesn't tell the whole story, you goofball. It's about what you land and how.

If you can't even comprehend that aspect of the sport you are not qualified to make such absolute statements about close fights. You've presented yourself as a clown in this thread.
<GSPWoah>
Brunson landed harder as well.

Anderson did nothing, and if you score that fight for him, you should stop trying to score fights.

Last edited:
That was the beauty of Pride judging.
Ninja Rua dominated Dan Henderson for 99% of their fight.
Towards the very end, Hendo rocked Ninja badly with a hook.

Hendo took the decision.
Good old days, where a moment of near-finish was far more valuable than this Unified Rules concept of “domination”.
bork1}
Sounds like a retarded rule, no wonder why they went out of business.

He lost to Brunson.

Also, he was very competitive against Bisping (razor-close fight), but not against DC.
Maybe not in the wrestling but he was lighting DC up on the feet. He out landed him standing and hurt him in the last round. Not bad considering he's an oldman relative to the sport and went and fought a younger champ, in the weight class above him on two days notice. Think about it, even with all the prep and youth on his side, rumble got finished twice and D.C. Couldn't finish silva

Bisping is the GOAT as much as England will win the World Cup 2018.
English football team are a shit bunch of individuals that can't win in a team sport.

Bisping is far better than those scrubs.

Maybe not in the wrestling but he was lighting DC up on the feet. He out landed him standing and hurt him in the last round. Not bad considering he's an oldman relative to the sport and went and fought a younger champ, in the weight class above him on two days notice. Think about it, even with all the prep and youth on his side, rumble got finished twice and D.C. Couldn't finish silva
DC wasn't really pushing for the finish, but Anderson definitely performed well given the circumstances.

The word "competitive" is definitely wrong for that fight, though, since DC took him down at will.

DC took it easy with him (probably UFC orders, since AS stepped in to face Dc to "save" the card) Still AS has some competition in him, he clearly lost to Bisping (could have finished the fight, but preferred to clown around being a jerk)

The Brunson & Bisping results are certainly questionable (personally I thought he lost both) but the very fact that he came back after such a horrific injury at such an age when he had nothing left to prove & still be competitive is just amazing.

English football team are a shit bunch of individuals that can't win in a team sport.

Bisping is far better than those scrubs.
That’s actually very true.

Got a takedown in rounds 2 and 3 and landed noticeably more on Andy in rd 1. Silva did pretty much nothing that whole fight except some showmanship. Feel free to look at the fight stats.

That was a boring fight, but Brunson did enough to win.

Well he lost so apparently not

Regardless of what anyone says, Silva’s career has been remarkable.
Was going to try to troll you

But that win streak: Frankling 2x, Henderson, Forrest, Maia, Chael, Belfort, Okami.. 17 fights in a row, almost all in spectacular fashion. Can't even figure out how to troll this one

Back