Anders is a future contender

Anders is a beast definitely needs more seasoning before he's ready for the big leagues. I'll admit seeing how he fell over at the bell is mad concerning. Having been in and been watching combat sports most my damn life its those kind of signs anders showed that are really fucking dangerous. Was legit concerned till they showed him leaving on his own. Hope the dudes okay.

REALLY impressed me here, on almost no notice against a KILLER like Santos.

Even off of his back, he showed great survival instincts. Santos was trying to tee off on him, and he defended himself quite well, to get back up to his feet.

Really good reflexes and instincts for a guy who hasn't been training for a long time.
I wholeheartedly agree.
IMHO they should repeat this fight with full camp. SHould be an amazing fight!

He went up a weight class on short notice and took on a killer.

You need to shut the fuck up.
and ended up quitting on the stool like Mark Hunt. or did he quit before he got to the stool? either way it was the performance of the decade.

IF he keeps improving then maybe. I'm not convinced yet he can do much against the higher end of the MW division

No. He's not great at anything. He gets by on his athleticism alone. If he were blue belt level in BJJ he'd have finished him on the ground. If he had above average striking he'd have countered a gassed Marreta easy.

He's a good athlete, and a mediocre fighter. That'll be the story of Ya Boy.
<PlusJuan>

He went up a weight class on short notice and took on a killer.

You need to shut the fuck up.
Santos moved up a weight class on short notice himself, not to mention that Anders actually had to cut from 220lbs or so to make the weight. He's not a small guy by any means.

Gutsy performance by Eryk, but I actually am dissapointed as I thought he had it in him to win, but maybe that's just because I constantly underrate Santos, and the close fight he had with Williams is still on my mind.

He has potential, but I feel as though he's stuck in a rut at this moment. Really don't think he's improved much, if at all, since his debut against Natal. A change in camps is due imo

At 31, it's not like Anders is a Erik Silva type prospect though.

Feel like he may have started too late. He's not far removed from being 32, and he's still in the trial and error growth stage of his mma career. If he's a fast learner maybe he can make the strides needed and have a David Branch like strong back half of your 30's.

Even off of his back, he showed great survival instincts. Santos was trying to tee off on him, and he defended himself quite well, to get back up to his feet.

Really good reflexes and instincts for a guy who hasn't been training for a long time.

He has a ton of potential for sure.

The talent was obvious from the beginning but his maturity and patience in and since the Machida fight as well as his incredible display of heart tonight won me over. Im officially a fan

Santos moved up a weight class on short notice himself,

Santos intended to move to LHW on purpose tho. He was originally saying he wanted on the 230 card at MW then was moving up. He was one of the fighters who said he offered to step in against Gustafsson and Gus turned it down.

Rather be a goof than a beta <14>

Alright tough guy , how many brutal elbows could you take to the dome from Thiago Santos?

You would be curled up like a bitch in the fetal position off the first jab

Go back to RuneScape dweeb

Santos went all Travis Brown on Anders. Those elbows took him out
Yeah people ripping on Anders for quitting between rounds are off. The crowd was booing it as well but although it’s not highlight worthy those elbows to the temple were rattling his brain. Projecting forward I want to say Anders ate a lot of big shots and Santos just missed on a few but not sold on Santos at 205. The division is thin. But JJ is back and his fighting style is always going to leave him open for counters and deplete his cardio. Santos always brings it though got to love it. Props to Anders for stepping up.

He did real good on what, like 6 days notice. And at a higher weight class, granted it was against a fellow middleweight. Nothing but respect from me. I mean I can see him being top 15. He could beat guys like Brad Tavares, maybe even Derek Brunson, Israel Adesnaya.

Anders needs to get good at one particular aspect of the game...he needs to become a better grappler imo that would suit him better than his standup at higher levels. This jack of all trades stuff won't get him anywhere near the top. Tough fight though, I thought Santos was going to do him easily on the feet.

No. He's not great at anything. He gets by on his athleticism alone. If he were blue belt level in BJJ he'd have finished him on the ground. If he had above average striking he'd have countered a gassed Marreta easy.

He's a good athlete, and a mediocre fighter. That'll be the story of Ya Boy.
Brutal but true.

<6>

"A-level athlete" LOL

Anders will come back strong. he WILL be staple in UFC. came from elite stock (Nick Saban) you dont got national title college football ring quit hating

He’s like a bigger, stronger, slower, older, less explosive/talented version of Kevin Lee. In other words they’re not really alike except they totally are.

Back