And Demetrius STILL hasn’t gone up

I don't think it's weird. He turns down fights so it's natural to get hate. As for his skillset being the best, not sure how you would know that when he hasn't fought the best.
Well he fought Cruz, who was the best at 135 at the time and skill wise they weren't that far apart. Like I said, weight classes are there for a reason. Out of all the long reigning champs, MM should get the least hate for not moving up.

It sucks but MM is too small to dominate at 135, so what's the point of him moving up unless he gets to keep his 125 belt (which he won't) and it's for a one off fight (which he wouldn't be allowed to, unless he 'does a GSP'). So it's pretty pointless.

Well he fought Cruz, who was the best at 135 at the time and skill wise they weren't that far apart. Like I said, weight classes are there for a reason. Out of all the long reigning champs, MM should get the least hate for not moving up.

It sucks but MM is too small to dominate at 135, so what's the point of him moving up unless he gets to keep his 125 belt (which he won't) and it's for a one off fight (which he wouldn't be allowed to, unless he 'does a GSP'). So it's pretty pointless.

I guess your points are valid except when you say what's the point. It's risky and he's outweighed/ at a disadvantage etc. but the point is to go for the epic win, make history, make more money, and do something amazing.

What's the point of doing anything in life when we all just die in the end? You only live once, so when an opportunity comes, it's not time to play it safe IMO, it's time to go for it.

So what has he done in the two years since?
Moving the goal post already? I gave you an example of Johnson wanting to challenge himself, but I can give you more:

He called out Cruz in 2016 for $2 million.
He said he'd fight Garbrandt after the latter won the title, for $2 million.
Agreed to fight Dillashaw for $2 million.

And he's defended his title during all this time. The fact that you think the Johnson/Dillashaw fight falling through has anything to do with Johnson shows a lack of objectivity. White is punishing Dillashaw for not taking the Garbrandt fight on short notice, but people will look for any reason to criticize Johnson, it's quite embarrassing really.

I guess your points are valid except when you say what's the point. It's risky and he's outweighed/ at a disadvantage etc. but the point is to go for the epic win, make history, make more money, and do something amazing.

What's the point of doing anything in life when we all just die in the end? You only live once, so when an opportunity comes, it's not time to play it safe IMO, it's time to go for it.
I agree. But Jon Jones and Anderson could have done the same as well when they were dominating in their divisions. I can only assume, as MM has fought at 135 before he knows what a sze disadvantage he has, so wants to be paid well (as he's the one with the most to risk). What MM is doing is normal, like I said, same as Jones, Anderson and GSP when he had the belt, and MM is the smallest fighter for his weight class, compared to the others so it's a bit unfair to single out MM).

Moving the goal post already? I gave you an example of Johnson wanting to challenge himself, but I can give you more:

He called out Cruz in 2016 for $2 million.
He said he'd fight Garbrandt after the latter won the title, for $2 million.
Agreed to fight Dillashaw for $2 million.

And he's defended his title during all this time. The fact that you think the Johnson/Dillashaw fight falling through has anything to do with Johnson shows a lack of objectivity. White is punishing Dillashaw for not taking the Garbrandt fight on short notice, but people will look for any reason to criticize Johnson, it's quite embarrassing really.

Anyone can call another fighter out, I'm only impressed by/care about an actual fight happening. Which it hasn't, and the most vocally opposed party is DJ

Mouse made me sell my X box and buy a playstation..

Anyone can call another fighter out, I'm only impressed by/care about an actual fight happening. Which it hasn't, and the most vocally opposed party is DJ
"That's what the UFC wants," Johnson told ESPN. "It's the superfight everyone wants. I think TJ and I are both on board. We just want to make sure it's on a stacked card. We want to make sure we can benefit from a good pay-per-view buy. I think I deserve it, and I think he deserves it." - Demetrious Johnson, ESPN, 1/25/18.

He sure does sound "vocally opposed".

wpid-wp-1417986212043.gif

Fought 14 times at bantamweight, once against the consensus goat of the div
Ah yes, truly a great achievement and there is no shame in losing to one of the P4P greats Brad Pickett. Just look at the list of BW fighters MM has beaten - Miguel Torres and Kid Yamamoto, two fighters that were still in their prime when he fought them, the one and only Marshall Carlyle and the always prepared Eric Alvarez. To top it off, MM fought Cruz for the title (and lost by UD).

Seriously, MM is a truly talented guy but if you think bringing up his BW career as any type of proof that he challenged himself you're delusional. He has been mostly fighting nobodies and had two wins in the UFC before his title shot against Cruz that were against two formerly good fighters who at the time were a shell of their former selves. There is absolutely nothing impressive at all with his BW career and he fought his way to a title shot when the division was thin.

MM should do whatever he wants - if he's happy with defending his title against "elite" fighters like Borg and Reis, then he should do it. I respect the guy as a person, seems like a super nice guy, but if he wants to gain fans, fame, money and recognition it wouldn't hurt if he jumped on the opportunity to challenge himself.

Playing dumb again I see.

Clearly many people care.
People are giving holloway props, indeed. You're trying to spin it into a negative involving DJ. Not sure why you're so fixated on him.

So one more time. Who cares?

REMOVE MIGHTY DUCK AS P4P #1

It's disgusting at this point.
Remove P4P rankings altogether, they're meaningless and exist only as a talking point for the media.

Ah yes, truly a great achievement and there is no shame in losing to one of the P4P greats Brad Pickett. Just look at the list of BW fighters MM has beaten - Miguel Torres and Kid Yamamoto, two fighters that were still in their prime when he fought them, the one and only Marshall Carlyle and the always prepared Eric Alvarez. To top it off, MM fought Cruz for the title (and lost by UD).

[1] Seriously, MM is a truly talented guy but if you think bringing up his BW career as any type of proof that he challenged himself you're delusional. He has been mostly fighting nobodies and had two wins in the UFC before his title shot against Cruz that were against two formerly good fighters who at the time were a shell of their former selves. There is absolutely nothing impressive at all with his BW career and he fought his way to a title shot when the division was thin.

[2] MM should do whatever he wants - if he's happy with defending his title against "elite" fighters like Borg and Reis, then he should do it. I respect the guy as a person, seems like a super nice guy, but [3] if he wants to gain fans, fame, money and recognition it wouldn't hurt if he jumped on the opportunity to challenge himself.
[1] Did you ever take a good look at Cruz' opponents during his first run? And his only noteworthy win upon returning was against Dillashaw.

[2] Sounds like you should bring your complaints to the UFC for not actively recruiting more Flyweights, especially given it has the youngest average age of any division and literally hundreds of fighters to choose from. Half of Jones' title defenses were against former/current Middleweights and the rest were in their mid to late thirties either on the decline or past their prime (with the exception of Gustafsson); he always ducked Heavyweight but people never called out his lackluster competition because fans think name value equals talent. Again, your opinion of Johnson's opponents is a result of the UFC not promoting the division, and that's hardly Johnson's responsibility.

[3] Johnson's lack of "fans, fame, money, and recognition" has nothing to do with him not "challenging himself" and everything to do with the UFC being a terrible and overrated promotional company.

And in case you weren't aware, Johnson vs. Dillashaw falling through has absolutely nothing to do with Johnson, so pointing the blame at him suggests you're either extremely naive or simply looking for an excuse to criticize him.

Who knows, maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't

I wouldn't because I respect the guy and would rather have a conversation with him if given the opportunity.

But if I knew that a wealthy and famous professional fighter would assault me if I did say that, I'd definitely cash in on that settlement.

Maybe DJ is right and he has nothing to gain financially by moving up. But I'd rather see what he could do against some of the 135ers at this point than seeing his 9th consecutive fight against a guy who isn't as good as Benavidez.

Regardless, I find it hard to believe that fighting TJ at 135 isn't his biggest money fight opportunity right now, assuming he gets PPV points. And I think winning that would be huge for his legacy, popularity, and financial prospects. Even a competitive loss should benefit him in all those areas.

People are giving holloway props, indeed. You're trying to spin it into a negative involving DJ. Not sure why you're so fixated on him.

So one more time. Who cares?

Shut up and stop crying. It's OK to admit that people care. You can handle it bro. You can face reality! (by the way there's also no god dude lol...)

DJ haters get more desperate with each passing day

Hey retards.

MM did, literally, fight the BW GOAT in his prime for the BW title years ago. He was a top contender.

Holy shit are you people stupid.
Yeah when he was a nobody with nothing to lose and everything to gain. Now that he's got a belt he's holding onto it tightly.

He truly is a great fighter but his unwillingness to move up after winning the belt and cleaning out his thin division is a turn off. He can't complain about not being marketed while not taking risks and basically just waiting for the UFC to set up the next half baked contender for him to knock down. With that kind of trajectory its no wonder the UFC barely invests in marketing him.

Johnson's asking price was the same when he called out Cruz back in 2016 and it was the same when Garbrandt mentioned an interest in fighting him, but people conveniently forget those facts.
That doesn't he mean he didn't outprice himself. He's about as much of a draw in 2018 as he was in 2016, which is to say not really a draw at all.

Back