And Demetrius STILL hasn’t gone up

FreddieRoachsVoice

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Max Holloway is risking his 12 fight win streak to go up to a weight class he hasn’t fought in (in the UFC) to face an undefeated stylistic nightmare opponent on 6 days notice... and the so called “Pound 4 Pound King” refuses to leave his extinct division after 6 years as champion... even refusing to fight TJ Dillashaw AT FLYWEIGHT because Ray Borg was a more credible contender<Lmaoo> . And the guy wonders why he’s not marketed and why he doesn’t earn big paydays...

Make some room in the pond, Conor...

Attachments

• 0419FE76-6412-44D0-985C-1E390FF78E43.jpeg
    0419FE76-6412-44D0-985C-1E390FF78E43.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 7
I have to admit, not fighting TJ is a bad look for DJ. Especially when its TJ whos ready and willing to go down to DJs weight class and DJ still wont fight him unless its for an absurd amount of money.

100% agreed.
Laughable.

Holloway is a fucking warrior.

Max is awesome, not a business man, just a fighter. He wants glory above money and he understands that glory means taking risks. DJ not taking a fight vs TJ at 125 to fight Borg or anyone else in that division is definitely laughable decision.

Win/lose/draw I'll always respect Max and not only for saving this card.

I have to admit, not fighting TJ is a bad look for DJ. Especially when its TJ whos ready and willing to go down to DJs weight class and DJ still wont fight him unless its for an absurd amount of money.

It’s gotten to the point that it’s just ridiculous - especially considering DJ was a former title challenger at bantamweight. Not since Tito was champ have we seen a champion so blatantly avoid a call-out. Demetrius is a legitimate can-crusher

Casual scum hasn't realized that Demetrious fought in 135 for the first half of his career and actually fought Cruz for the title.

Hey retards.

MM did, literally, fight the BW GOAT in his prime for the BW title years ago. He was a top contender.

Holy shit are you people stupid.

A few things to put this in perspective.

1) I guarantee you Max is getting a hefty check to be in this fight.
2) DJ has fought and beat people in the division higher than him.
3) I feel that it's odd to bring up DJ in this instance when you should be bringing up McGregor's ducking self. Mr "always be ready" I guess isn't ready, now is he?

It's not the division, it's the money. You pay DJ the money, he'll fight.

Fought 14 times at bantamweight, once against the consensus goat of the div

This is a lunatic decision by Holloway, can't hold anyone else to this standard.

You’re comparing a 12 fight win streak to an 11 title defence streak ?

And do you think Max is getting more than $2M ?

STFU !

tumblr_m8f0ragMEj1rsxeyfo1_500.gif

Yep DJ did well at BW too and Max has never fought at 155. MM is hiding in his weight class.

A few things to put this in perspective.

1) I guarantee you Max is getting a hefty check to be in this fight.
2) DJ has fought and beat people in the division higher than him.
3) I feel that it's odd to bring up DJ in this instance when you should be bringing up McGregor's ducking self. Mr "always be ready" I guess isn't ready, now is he?

It's not the division, it's the money. You pay DJ the money, he'll fight.

Exactly; Demetrius has fought successfully (and challenged for the belt at 135) so that’s all the more reason he should be willing to go up and provide the fans with compelling matchups instead of dragging out fringe top 10 guys in the thinnest division to pad his record.

If he wants to be marketed (and paid more), he should fight people who fans would actually pay money to see. I wouldn’t (and evidently, most people wouldn’t) shell out money to see Demetrius crush a can and his complaining about money is ridiculous considering how hand picked his opponents are - you can’t have it both ways. You don’t draw, you don’t make money.

Also, the forum doesn’t need another redundant Conor thread. Everyone knows Conor is ducking (maybe you missed my reference to him in the OP). What people don’t seem to realize is that whiney, self-entitled Demetrius is the cause of all of his own problems. I have no sympathy for him unless he is willing to take a risk

Exactly; Demetrius has fought successfully (and challenged for the belt at 135) so that’s all the more reason he should be willing to go up and provide the fans with compelling matchups instead of dragging out fringe top 10 guys in the thinnest division to pad his record.

If he wants to be marketed (and paid more), he should fight people who fans would actually pay money to see. I wouldn’t (and evidently, most people wouldn’t) shell out money to see Demetrius crush a can and his complaining about money is ridiculous considering how hand picked his opponents are - you can’t have it both ways. You don’t draw, you don’t make money.

Also, the forum doesn’t need another redundant Conor thread. Everyone knows Conor is ducking (maybe you missed my reference to him in the OP). What people don’t seem to realize is that whiney, self-entitled Demetrius is the cause of all of his own problems. I have no sympathy for him unless he is willing to take a risk
Not quite. DJ has done his part. He has successfully defended his title multiple times, beating people by KO, submission, decisions the whole nine. He's been pretty professional throughout his career. It's time for the UFC to either pony up the money and pay him OR shut down the 125 division completely.

Handpicked? This is also a false narrative. Whoever has been able to successfully get down to 125, DJ has handled. If TJ really wants that fight and title, cut the weight and get down to 125.

Whiney and self-entitled? Just call yourself what you really are, which is a hater of DJ. If any other fighter in any other division was laying waste to his division, you wouldn't say crap. No fighter is obligated to go up in weight. A champion's job is to defend his title...that's it. It's fans like you that are calling for these "money fights" that keep falling through.

If it's between a "money fight" vs a champion who defends their title, I'll take the champ who defends. DJ doesn't really "owe" the fans anything. He's doing his job as a champion.

It is we the fans, not DJ, who are the whiney and self-entitled. We are the ones who are calling for these "money fights" and this is the ammo Dana and the WME goons need to continue to clog up divisions. All of these "money fights" are wreaking havoc on other divisions.

Not quite. DJ has done his part. He has successfully defended his title multiple times, beating people by KO, submission, decisions the whole nine. He's been pretty professional throughout his career. It's time for the UFC to either pony up the money and pay him OR shut down the 125 division completely.

Handpicked? This is also a false narrative. Whoever has been able to successfully get down to 125, DJ has handled. If TJ really wants that fight and title, cut the weight and get down to 125.

Whiney and self-entitled? Just call yourself what you really are, which is a hater of DJ. If any other fighter in any other division was laying waste to his division, you wouldn't say crap. No fighter is obligated to go up in weight. A champion's job is to defend his title...that's it. It's fans like you that are calling for these "money fights" that keep falling through.

If it's between a "money fight" vs a champion who defends their title, I'll take the champ who defends. DJ doesn't really "owe" the fans anything. He's doing his job as a champion.

It is we the fans, not DJ, who are the whiney and self-entitled. We are the ones who are calling for these "money fights" and this is the ammo Dana and the WME goons need to continue to clog up divisions. All of these "money fights" are wreaking havoc on other divisions.

You are clearly just a fan of his and can't admit the truth. Demetrius is self-entitled and delusional if he thinks he is worth more money. He has opted to face inferior competition over the last few years than face real challenges which could actually garner fan interest. If he wants the title defense record so badly, good for him because he has it now but if he also wants to complain that he isn't paid enough, then I don't feel bad for him because he chose his path.

Also, you would rather see an entire division get shut down than see the dominant champion, who is so short of contenders that he might have a 3rd fight with a guy he's beaten twice, move up to a weight class he's fought at many times in the past? He might not be obligated to go up in weight.... but we are not obligated to buy his cards either.

This is a lunatic decision by Holloway, can't hold anyone else to this standard.

How? He loses he was supposed to, he catches Khabib with one magical punch he's a God and double champ and set for a double title fight with Conor, all while getting filthy rich.

Casual scum hasn't realized that Demetrious fought in 135 for the first half of his career and actually fought Cruz for the title.
Hey retards.

MM did, literally, fight the BW GOAT in his prime for the BW title years ago. He was a top contender.

Holy shit are you people stupid.

And got so outclassed he never fought in that division again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back