And Demetrius STILL hasn’t gone up

Max Holloway is risking his 12 fight win streak to go up to a weight class he hasn’t fought in (in the UFC) to face an undefeated stylistic nightmare opponent on 6 days notice... and the so called “Pound 4 Pound King” refuses to leave his extinct division after 6 years as champion... even refusing to fight TJ Dillashaw AT FLYWEIGHT because Ray Borg was a more credible contender<Lmaoo> . And the guy wonders why he’s not marketed and why he doesn’t earn big paydays...

Make some room in the pond, Conor...

Agree but unfortunately when Holloway loses ... he won't be close to DJ in the P4P rankings.

Yeah when he was a nobody with nothing to lose and everything to gain. Now that he's got a belt he's holding onto it tightly.

He truly is a great fighter but his unwillingness to move up after winning the belt and cleaning out his thin division is a turn off. He can't complain about not being marketed while not taking risks and basically just waiting for the UFC to set up the next half baked contender for him to knock down. With that kind of trajectory its no wonder the UFC barely invests in marketing him.

Don't give me that moronic double standard bullshit. No other dominant champ was ever trashed as hard as MM is for not moving up and basically none of them ever did it. And stop pretending he wasn't willing to fight TJ in the first goddamn place. He was. The fight was happening until Dana White got pissy Dillashaw wouldn't fight Garbrant on short notice and suddenly the whole thing went on hold. Fucking ridiculous to continue blaming Demetrious for something that is clearly not his fault in any way.

DJ doesn't cut much weight to be 125, he's one of the few guys who is a legitimate 125er and was undersized when he fought at 135. It is NOT the same situation as guys like Holloway or Ortega who are cutting 25-30lbslbs to make 145, moving up is easier for them and they aren't undersized at the next division up. it's ridiculous to demand a guy who doesn't cut weight to move up and succeed the same as guys who are cheating to make a lower weight in the first place.

Never seen fans make more excuses for a fighter than MM's

Do you people think Holloway is doing this for free? He's also getting "an absurd amount of money", whatever that means when you're an MMA fighter.

Shut up and stop crying. It's OK to admit that people care. You can handle it bro. You can face reality! (by the way there's also no god dude lol...)
I'm not crying about anything lol. Your strange obsession with the p4p goat is understandable though.

Besides, you made this cry thread lmao.

That doesn't he mean he didn't outprice himself. He's about as much of a draw in 2018 as he was in 2016, which is to say not really a draw at all.
Then you tell me: how many buyrates does Johnson vs. Dillashaw do as the headline?

"Wahhhhh I hate DJ"

<Waaah>

"Boycott Conor McGregor. Stream the cards he's on."

Hahahaha.

Shut up pussy, someone was pathetic as this doesn't have any insults. And by the way, boycotting McGregor and then still watching him on stream is not boycotting you moron lol

"Boycott Conor McGregor. Stream the cards he's on."

Hahahaha.

Shut up pussy, someone was pathetic as this doesn't have any insults. And by the way, boycotting McGregor and then still watching him on stream is not boycotting you moron lol
There is no reason to be so upset with me or Demetrius. Try some deep breath exercises and relax bruh. Lol.

Then you tell me: how many buyrates does Johnson vs. Dillashaw do as the headline?
Hopefully more than the pitiful buy rates DJ's other headlines have done. Its basically his only chance at drawing more right now.

Don't give me that moronic double standard bullshit. No other dominant champ was ever trashed as hard as MM is for not moving up and basically none of them ever did it. And stop pretending he wasn't willing to fight TJ in the first goddamn place. He was. The fight was happening until Dana White got pissy Dillashaw wouldn't fight Garbrant on short notice and suddenly the whole thing went on hold. Fucking ridiculous to continue blaming Demetrious for something that is clearly not his fault in any way.
Many dominant champs got criticized for not moving up, GSP being the one that comes to mind first.

But DJ is particularly special because despite how dominant he is he still remains a piss poor draw so he needs to move up more than most champs if he wants big pay days. GSP didn't need to, he could sell PPVs unlike DJ.

Hopefully more than the pitiful buy rates DJ's other headlines have done. Its basically his only chance at drawing more right now.
I'm asking for you to give me a specific number.

There is no reason to be so upset with me or Demetrius. Try some deep breath exercises and relax bruh. Lol.

You're the one who needs to relax, bruh

"#Lfd0311 can't debate for shit
#Evilwaslittle mildly retarded
#klnOmega supports treason
#HereticBD is a little tattle tale
#sniper is a blatant racist
#bobgeese supports terrorism"

I'm asking for you to give me a specific number.
I wouldn't know man, I'm not exactly privy to all the numbers the UFC is and really no one can know until it happens. But I do have a feeling DJ vs TJ would sell better than DJ vs Sergio Pettis or DJ vs Benevidez 3.

You're the one who needs to relax, bruh

"#Lfd0311 can't debate for shit
#Evilwaslittle mildly retarded
#klnOmega supports treason
#HereticBD is a little tattle tale
#sniper is a blatant racist
#bobgeese supports terrorism"
But you're so mad that DJ has a record amount of title defenses, cleaned out an entire division, and holds wins over kid yamamoto and miguel torres in a higher weight class.

But I'm sure you already knew that.

#QuitCryingPlz
<Waaah>

But you're so mad that DJ has a record amount of title defenses, cleaned out an entire division, and holds wins over kid yamamoto and miguel torres in a higher weight class.

But I'm sure you already knew that.

#QuitCryingPlz
<Waaah>
No way, I wanna ge t added to your hate list. Nerd lol

I wouldn't know man, I'm not exactly privy to all the numbers the UFC is and really no one can know until it happens. But I do have a feeling DJ vs TJ would sell better than DJ vs Sergio Pettis or DJ vs Benevidez 3.
Here are the buyrate estimates and live gate for the last five PPVs:

Holloway vs. Aldo 2: 230,000 buys | $2,000,000 gate
Cyborg vs. Holm: 380,000 buys | $1,761,000 gate
Miocic vs. Ngannou: 350,000 buys | $2,450,000 gate
Romero vs. Rockhold: 130,000 buys | $2,800,000 gate
Cyborg vs. Kunitskaya: 200,000 buys | $1,400,000 gate

Would you agree that Johnson vs. Dillashaw at minimum would do 400,000 buys and $3,000,000 gate?

Would you agree that Johnson vs. Dillashaw at minimum would do 400,000 buys and $3,000,000 gate?
Tbh no, It could pass that mark but I wouldn't necessarily count on it. I would expect it would perform better than the average of DJ's PPVs but not necessarily outsell Miocic vs Ngannnou

Back