An idea so crazy it just might work.

So they'll be closeted straight guys? How long before a previous GF of our hypothetical fighter breaks the silence? Even if we ignore the endless loose ends that will have to be tied (killed) your still going to have to pay this fighter Dana White money to pretend that he's gay for the rest of his life.

Not really, just has to keep up the act long enough to get the title shot, UFC can turn on him and claim they were just as much a victim of this imposter as everyone else and that shit storm would generate even more attention.

so...are there any openly gay fighters that have reached say, MFC level organizations or higher?

when i first read this i initially thought it could actually work. THen i thought of the fallon fox thing. Obviously not in the UFC or for a title and of course those things matter but still not that much impact from that.

so...are there any openly gay fighters that have reached say, MFC level organizations or higher?

The UFC basically already tried the angle, just used a 135 pound female so no one really cared.

Or we can just let the sport speak for itself.

This sport doesn't have interest in accepting or discriminating against it. The sport is more about "We don't care what you do. Leave it outside the gym" and that's the way it should be.

Damn, minority and gay, this would = ratings gold.

Dana might not back that, i dont think mexico would be as accepting to Cain anymore...Dana and Co would have to weigh whats worth more, Latin America or NY and LBGT community...i dont know the answer

There's already a gay champ in the UFC, he's not a heavyweight though.

Imagine if Lesnar came back and came out of the closet.

My (rather ingenious) idea to get MMA (UFC) into the mainstream for real, and into Madison Square Gardens, this is almost a guaranteed victory.

Step 1: Take a talented, reasonably attractive heavyweight on a winning streak.

Step 2: Fast track said fighter into top 5.

Step 3: Have fighter openly admit to being gay.

Step 4: Easy fight for #1 contender fight, lots of hype and media.

Step5: Announce the title fight.

There will be so much hype for this and pressure from the LGBT community that the culinary union will have to cave and let them into New York and the mainstream media would be all over it.

Imagine, the first openly gay male competing for the Heavyweight Championship of the World in Madison Square Gardens on Super Bowl weekend or the 4th of July card? This would be huge for MMA's exposure.

dude, you're not getting into the UFC
you people need to stop trying to take over everything
take your affirmative action elsewhere

Thanks for the creative thread man, even if I don't think that it is a good idea this is still 10x better than all of the JJ hate threads, the why do people hate JJ threads, and the I can't wait for Glover to take that belt tonight threads

dude, you're not getting into the UFC
you people need to stop trying to take over everything
take your affirmative action elsewhere

Cute but I'm only 150 pounds. Oh and my girlfriend is in my profile background pick for your viewing pleasure.

What would Heath Herring think of this?

Thanks for the creative thread man, even if I don't think that it is a good idea this is still 10x better than all of the JJ hate threads, the why do people hate JJ threads, and the I can't wait for Glover to take that belt tonight threads

No problem buddy, glad you liked it.

Cute but I'm only 150 pounds. Oh and my girlfriend is in my profile background pick for your viewing pleasure.

don't care

plus it wouldn't be coming out
if you were already open about it
would it?

Back