An 8-Year-Old’s Rape and Killing Fuels Religious Tensions in India

Its a little the same in Rotherham where pakistani immigrants did horrible things that they wouldn't do to their own muslim girls. Multiculturalism is a problem when different identities are reinforced without a strong binding common one. Anyway, what happened is one if the worst possible things imaginable and i hope rhe perpetrators are brought to justice in a legitimate trial
But India is and has been for thousands of years multicultural whether we like it or not. It has almost as many official languages as the EU. To try and establish a unifying culture would mean either imposing it which could very likely lead to a backlash from the subcultures, which has lead to atrocities and disaster elsewhere, or splitting India into numerous different countries based upon ethnic, linguistic, and religious lines, which wasn't very pretty the last time they tried that.

The Indian approach is a good one I think, a federalized system whereby all these sub cultures are recognized and given their own unique sort of recognition. In India state elections have a higher turnout than national ones, which suggests people are more tied to their sub-cultures. But I don't think that's necessarily bad, by not asserting the national culture as mutually exclusive to the sub-national cultures the members can feel that their national and sub-national identities are compatible and mutually reinforcing. Is it perfect? No but I think its better than the attempts in other postcolonial societies to try and impose from above a single national culture at the expense of sub-cultures.

But India is and has been for thousands of years multicultural whether we like it or not. It has almost as many official languages as the EU. To try and establish a unifying culture would mean either imposing it which could very likely lead to a backlash from the subcultures, which has lead to atrocities and disaster elsewhere, or splitting India into numerous different countries based upon ethnic, linguistic, and religious lines, which wasn't very pretty the last time they tried that.

The Indian approach is a good one I think, a federalized system whereby all these sub cultures are recognized and given their own unique sort of recognition. In India state elections have a higher turnout than national ones, which suggests people are more tied to their sub-cultures. But I don't think that's necessarily bad, by not asserting the national culture as mutually exclusive to the sub-national cultures the members can feel that their national and sub-national identities are compatible and mutually reinforcing. Is it perfect? No but I think its better than the attempts in other postcolonial societies to try and impose from above a single national culture at the expense of sub-cultures.

I certainly don't support India imposing a Hindu identity. Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Lebanon, Turkey, China, Italy, Greece, Spain, Pakistan, Iran, Arabia, Syria, Russia etc.. have all been multicultural for thousands of years. I mean is there is an old world region that conforms to a present day country , that is not a small island or archipelago , that hasn't been multicultural? Islamic countries especially feel they are entitled to enforcing Islam as the dominant and only officially acceptable culture.

Disgusting savages, men who rape children should be burned alive.

hammer and nail them by their balls to a cross before lighting the match...

i have no pity for people who abuse little children...

Ok. So its the shortcomings of multiculturalism? What happens when people are targeted because they are gay, or poor or disabled? What do we chalk that up to?

8 year old getting raped n killed cause he/she was poor, gay or disabled?

Where?

I certainly don't support India imposing a Hindu identity. Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Lebanon, Turkey, China, Italy, Greece, Spain, Pakistan, Iran, Arabia, Syria, Russia etc.. have all been multicultural for thousands of years. I mean is there is an old world region that conforms to a present day country , that is not a small island or archipelago , that hasn't been multicultural? Islamic countries especially feel they are entitled to enforcing Islam as the dominant and only officially acceptable culture.
I'm not sure what your point is, if anything some of those examples prove my point. Turkey has a long running Kurdish insurgency because since the days of Ataturk they've tried to impose a uniform Turkish identity on their citizens to the detriment of their subcultures like the Kurds.

That's true of the Muslims in India/Pakistan too. They look up to Whites , Turks, Persians and Arabs and kiss their ass. I have read and heard enough to ascertain that Indian/Pakistani Muslims worship Arabs as some kind of exhalted race, even while Arabs treat them like shit. This Arab worship has also spread to Malays . No difference really between the Hindus and Muslims in South Asia, the later gang up on, rape, murder, abuse Hindus and Christians minorities in Pakistan. Pakistanis mixed Hinduism with Islam and retained the worst aspects of both.

Indeed, you bring up an excellent point. Mixing islam and hindu culture seems to produce the worst human beings on the planet

8 year old getting raped n killed cause he/she was poor, gay or disabled?

Where?
So this only has to do with 8 year olds?

Bigots love to use any examples to push their agenda of multiculturalism not working. Some of the worst places in the world in terms of crime are also some of the least diverse.

So this only has to do with 8 year olds?

Bigots love to use any examples to push their agenda of multiculturalism not working. Some of the worst places in the world in terms of crime are also some of the least diverse.

Such as?

I'm not sure what your point is, if anything some of those examples prove my point. Turkey has a long running Kurdish insurgency because since the days of Ataturk they've tried to impose a uniform Turkish identity on their citizens to the detriment of their subcultures like the Kurds.
My point is that what is said of India applies equally to those aforementioned countries. It shouldn't be the case that monoculturalism is verboten in just India.

That is fucking horrible. I pray for her loved ones and hope the men who did this are brought to justice.

My point is that what is said of India applies equally to those aforementioned countries. It shouldn't be the case that monoculturalism is verboten in just India.
First, I didn't say that only applies to India. I often advocate for something that kind of system for many other countries. Turkey could benefit from some of its policies which give concessions to subcultures, like official recognition of minority languages.

Second, India is more diverse than basically all those countries. Like I said, it has almost as many official languages as the EU in addition to a few different major religions as well as the vast diversity contained within Hinduism itself on top of the ethnic diversity. I think the US is one of the only countries more diverse than India really and we're a federalized country as well.

This hits hard.

Hope they rot in hell.

Rot in hell with them.

Hell is a sick Christian and muslim invention. Literally it isnt believed by jews or early christians jews. Because it was not in there texts.
Muslims, Christians, Dalits are groups that are discriminated and targeted by the Hindu nationalists on a regularly basis in India!

If one could only reanimate the late Charles James Napier, who fought against sati (the burning of widows alive when their husbands had died) by erecting gibbets on which the perpetrators would be hung. It would be a suitable punishment for these wicked men and their protectors.

These rapists should die. But there is only 3 Hindu countries tiny Mauritius. Nepal which has 26 million people and then India. They basically feel surrounded

Women who are perceived as promiscuous are targeted for sexual violence because they are seen as lowly whores but then what does that make the animal who rapes her? Certainly far more disgusting and worthy of violence than a whore.

I'm not against socially conservative ideas surrounding sex and chastity necessarily but there's a right way to do it and a wrong way. If men do not want women going to bars and clubs then they should stop going themselves. If you want chaste women, then be chaste yourself.

Or alternately, just make pubs male only spaces. They once were anyway.

It's no different than in the former Yugoslavia where you had Croats, Bosniaks and Serbs.

Lol, bad example.

Croats, Bosniaks and Serbs speak the same language, and they are genetically much closer than they'd like to admit.

Back