An 8-Year-Old’s Rape and Killing Fuels Religious Tensions in India

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Kafir-kun, Apr 11, 2018.

1. ShinkanPo

ShinkanPo Steel Belt

Barack Obama was chastized and berated for mentioning 58 states imagine if he said 500,000 states

2. grimballer

grimballer Silver Belt

Do they say they’re the same ethnicity or you consider them the same cause they look similar?

Language/religion is big part of ones identify, therefore ethnicity

I know few Pakistanis n even though they all speak urdu (national language similar to Hindi) they all belong to different groups.

Don’t think you can call a Punjabi same as Pashtun

In Indian it’s even more complicated as there are even more groups/religions

3. panamaican

panamaican Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

They say they're the same ethnicity. They are both Bengali but with different mother tongues. My wife, to take it a step further, is Bengali. she doesn't speak either of their mother tongues and is only passable in Hindi. And there are Bengalis who can only speak Hindi or only their mother tongue or live in Bangladesh or Kolkata. And there are Bengalis who are Muslim while others are Hindu (the muslims are in Bangladesh, the Hindus are in Kolkata).

The language element is simply far more complex than as an ethnic separator. In this case, the situation appears to be about religion which is a frequent point of conflict.

salamander and Kafir-kun like this.
  4. LogicalInsanity

LogicalInsanity Gold Belt

yup...My heart goes out to the young little girl...no 8 year old should ever have to experience evil like this.

and then my sadness morphs to anger, just knowing that several people were complicit in this.

I can wrap my head around the idea of one person committing a terrible act like this. but knowing that several participated is fucking disgusting.

I wish the #metoo movement would address issues like this, of the mass instances of aggravated rape, and the lack of punishment these people receive in certain areas of the world.

Johnny Mac likes this.
  5. LogicalInsanity

yes and no...

some cultures are clearly compatible with others...

meanwhile, others are just so fu*king backwards and morally deficient...

6. LogicalInsanity

@Johnny Mac , can we chalk this up to possible demon possession?

Kafir-kun and Johnny Mac like this.
  7. Kafir-kun

Kafir-kun Three Tailed Pasha

Democratic People's Islamic Republic of Kekistan
    Not only that, its alleged that this was basically planned on a community level by the custodian of the temple and for a specific purpose; to drive out the Bakarwals. This is quite an ugly form of politics by another means.
    Indians should not rely on, nor do I think they need, outsiders to comment on or fix their problems. It is up to them to solve these issues.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  8. grimballer

grimballer Silver Belt

I guess depends how similar 2 cultures are n how willing they are to be assimilated

Bald1 likes this.
  9. LogicalInsanity

fu*k you for posting this story btw. ;)

Yea, and agreed on your second point.

I just wish more attention would be brought to this....and crimes like this.

Kafir-kun likes this.
  10. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

I think we can. If not demonic possesion, it at least has demonic influence.

LogicalInsanity likes this.
  11. LogicalInsanity

I believe two cultures can be distinct in many areas from one another, yet share common core values and be able to engender a successful version of multiculturalism.

however there are certain "traditions", "practices' that have no business existing in the 21st Century

Bald1 likes this.
  12. silus_2000

silus_2000 Gold Belt

This coming from the guy that said this...
    Hypocrites tend to lack self-awareness, so they never realize they are guilty of what they accuse. This is what happens when you think with whiny emotions.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    salamander and Kafir-kun like this.
  13. JSN

JSN #NotMyNelly

Jesus Christ

MicroBrew likes this.
  14. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

Shh.. don't tell the Pakistanis that, they - and some Indians from NortWest India - think they are of superior racial stock to the general Indian and Bangladeshi population. One of the motivating factors in West-Pakistan (aka Pakistan) waging a brutal genocidal and rape campaign against East-Pakistan (aka Bangladesh) was the phenotypic and perceived racial difference of Bengalis from West Pakistanis. Ofcourse scientifically - as you allude to - they are all pretty similar, and the difference is a matter of degrees of admixture. It's a bit like how Mestizos with more European ancestry and or phenotype can be racist against Mestizos of more Amerindian ancestry.

shiftyguy and Kafir-kun like this.
  15. Cuauhtemoc

Cuauhtemoc Red Belt

Re-read that. Of course it wouldn't be so bad if they weren't poor, corrupt and killed each other.

Kafir-kun likes this.
  16. SaiWa

SaiWa Brown Belt

What the shit???

So everytime you get spanked in WR you mention your daddy Obama to deflect the argument???

Lol

17. Kafir-kun

Kafir-kun Three Tailed Pasha

Democratic People's Islamic Republic of Kekistan
    I guess I could worded that better. I meant that the poverty and corruption exacerbate the communal tensions. I suspect they'll always be there but hopefully they can one day get to a point where the rape and murder of an 8 year old isn't a communal controversy where one side comes to the defense of the perpetrators.

America has racial tensions but I like to think if this happened to a black girl here you wouldn't have white lawyers and police coming to the defense of the suspects solely for racial reasons or vice versa with a white girl and black suspect.

Cuauhtemoc likes this.
  18. Cuauhtemoc

Cuauhtemoc Red Belt

No, that's not how ethnicity is defined. While they may look similar to western eyes there are linguistic, genetic and cultural differences galore in the region. It's no different than in the former Yugoslavia where you had Croats, Bosniaks and Serbs.
    Sometimes it's easy to see. Many Pashtuns look/are white while southern indians are black skinned.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Cuauhtemoc

Cuauhtemoc Red Belt

Not white lawyers but I could see blacks rioting if a black killed and raped white girl and got killed by the police, for example, depending on the circumstances.

In fact, I'm quoting from "Paved with Good Intentions" a "white supremacist" book but you can research for yourself:

Kafir-kun likes this.
  20. Denter

Denter Silver Belt

Western white-knighting.

Son of Jamin and Kafir-kun like this.