American Atheists President David Silverman Fired For Sexual Assault

This fuckin douche. Atheism is simply the lack of belief in God. Don't tell me what atheists believe in. What I believe in. Who anointed this fuckin guy to speak for atheists?

atheistmonumentcr.jpg

The group’s board held an emergency meeting Thursday evening and unanimously voted to fire 51-year-old Silverman, based on explosive written allegations of sexual assault and undisclosed conflicts of interest, BuzzFeed News has learned.

“Last night, the American Atheists Board of Directors voted to terminate David Silverman as President of American Atheists,” the group said in a statement released Friday. The board made its decision after reviewing “allegations raised regarding Mr. Silverman’s conduct,” the statement said. The board also said it intends to cooperate with any future investigations.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/peteraldho...l-misconduct?utm_term=.xh91bzd1rA#.gpBwZGyw47

Get lost. The arrogance of a man to say he speaks for all people. Fuck him.

Imagine me carving rules into stone: "A white male believes...." It is fuckin ridiculous. And exactly why I distance myself and fight organized atheism.

Holy cow- are you triggered or what? This guy was the President of the organization he was speaking for (American Atheists). Asshole or not, it's part of his job.

From your post, you indicate you are not even a member of this organization. If you are not, why are you menstruating so heavily about what the leader of a group you do not identify with is saying? Do you menstruate just as heavily when leaders of other organizations to which you do not belong say something you disagree with?

And if you are a member of this organization, do you understand that your membership is optional? If you are in a organization and it's dogma does not reflect your own, you can simply disassociate yourself.

Theist organizations do not have a monopoly on assholes. Plenty of atheist assholes in the workd too. But at least this organization acted swiftly to cut this clown loose, which is more than happens when the frontman of some megachurch bangs a girl he was not supposed to or sucks the wrong dick.

Also nice misleading thread title... Maybe try being honest and adding ALLEGATIONS onto the end of it.

These days allegations are the baseline for guilt in the public eye so he's screwed either way.

Holy cow- are you triggered or what? This guy was the President of the organization he was speaking for (American Atheists). Asshole or not, it's part of his job.

From your post, you indicate you are not even a member of this organization. If you are not, why are you menstruating so heavily about what the leader of a group you do not identify with is saying? Do you menstruate just as heavily when leaders of other organizations to which you do not belong say something you disagree with?

And if you are a member of this organization, do you understand that your membership is optional? If you are in a organization and it's dogma does not reflect your own, you can simply disassociate yourself.

Theist organizations do not have a monopoly on assholes. Plenty of atheist assholes in the workd too. But at least this organization acted swiftly to cut this clown loose, which is more than happens when the frontman of some megachurch bangs a girl he was not supposed to or sucks the wrong dick.

He claims to speak for atheists. He didn't say American Atheist Association believes, he said ATHEISTS believe. I don't like people speaking for me or telling me what I believe. He doesn't just claim to speak for an organization but entire swath of diverse people including myself.

All identity politics are stupid.... including this one. I actually don't even like saying I'm atheist that much any more due to new atheists. Makes it sound like I'm part of some association or group. I try to just stick with "I don't believe in god" even though it's the same thing.

He claims to speak for atheists. He didn't say American Atheist Association believes, he said ATHEISTS believe. I don't like people speaking for me or telling me what I believe. He doesn't just claim to speak for an organization but entire swath of diverse people including myself.

Cmon dude, that is a serious overreach on your part.

You can't expect people to go around delicately saying, "My specific interpretation or view of atheism is X'. Name one other religion that does that. Name one other organization at all for that matter.

Figureheads make their views known and people decide whether they agree or not. It's normal.

And what exactly are you suggesting he said? Whats on the monument? He did not say that. Madalyn Murray O'Hair said that. And she was the founder of American Atheists. He is sitting on a monument to the organizations founder.

I suggest again that you need to get the sand out of your vagina and take a pamprin.

It is getting hotter and hotter for Shermer. A professor of science sent out a letter to the whole university he was speaking at to be on alert for him. He got furious and got lawyers involved. This was just recently. PZ Myers is back in it again.

Have you ever wondered why the #MeToo movement hasn’t caught up with Michael Shermer?

I can tell you why: it’s because he bullies people, is litigious, and does his best to make life miserable for anyone who squeaks. I publicized a woman’s first person account of how he took advantage of her at a conference — she was terrified that he’d go after her and he did — and he responded by encouraging conference organizers to blackball me, and threw a lawsuit at me (he later backed down, since it was just going to be a parade of witnesses describing his deplorable behavior).

https://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyn...ovement-hasnt-caught-up-with-michael-shermer/

Why is Michael Shermer even a thing? The guy seems to be clueless about most topics and all about empty posturing.

Cmon dude, that is a serious overreach on your part.

You can't expect people to go around delicately saying, "My specific interpretation or view of atheism is X'. Name one other religion that does that. Name one other organization at all for that matter.

Figureheads make their views known and people decide whether they agree or not. It's normal.

And what exactly are you suggesting he said? Whats on the monument? He did not say that. Madalyn Murray O'Hair said that. And she was the founder of American Atheists. He is sitting on a monument to the organizations founder.

I suggest again that you need to get the sand out of your vagina and take a pamprin.

That is exactly my problem. You are comparing atheism to religious organizations. This is where we are at now. There is organization, infighting and corruption. Atheists should not be like religious people. lol. That pisses me off. There is no interpretation of atheism. Atheism is a lack in belief of Gods. It ends there.

Either way, it is a momument saying "atheists believe" blah blah blah. I hate that shit.

Atheism has become a business. Sam Harris and Krauss said that the attack on Krauss was an attack on atheists. lol. What they really mean is this shit is gonna hurt their book sales.

These guys seriously act like I could be shamed by the actions of another atheist. lol. Like Krauss groping women makes ME look bad. It is absurdly arrogant.

By organizing and writing doctrine, isn't he just making an "organized religion" out of "athiesm"?

Like how Bruce Lee said to "have no style" but some dumbasses made a "style" out of "jeet kun do" where they mostly imitate him (not Dan inosanto who remained open)?

Last edited:
I am beginning to think anyone in any position of power anywhere is some sort of scumbag.

Atheists are the angriest people on earth. Much angrier than muslims are painted as.

lol you would like to think that

Christians are the angriest actually. Always need someone to hate

That is exactly my problem. You are comparing atheism to religious organizations. This is where we are at now. There is organization, infighting and corruption. Atheists should not be like religious people. lol. That pisses me off. There is no interpretation of atheism. Atheism is a lack in belief of Gods. It ends there.

Either way, it is a momument saying "atheists believe" blah blah blah. I hate that shit.

Atheism has become a business. Sam Harris and Krauss said that the attack on Krauss was an attack on atheists. lol. What they really mean is this shit is gonna hurt their book sales.

These guys seriously act like I could be shamed by the actions of another atheist. lol. Like Krauss groping women makes ME look bad. It is absurdly arrogant.

'Atheists should not be like religious people'. What a hypocritical paradox that is. It is almost exactly what religious people think- just inverted.

For what it's worth, I am an atheist, have been since I was 10. Never been a part of any atheist organization, though I have occasionally gone to organized functions over the years if I was invited. I have read on it though not extensively. I have no interest in convincing others.

To think though that like minded people -in any aspect- are not going to regularly congregate and organize, exhibits an enormous naivete. It's not my thing, but it's natural for people with shared value systems to want to congregate for solidarity and human connection.

I have never really given a shit about many of the things organized atheist organizations care about. I don't care if there are religious images in courthouses or schools, or that people swear oaths to God when in court or taking oaths. Others may feel differently about it. And since it's their time and their dime involved, not mine, I am happy to leave them to it.

Your problem is you think because atheism is a 'lack of belief' in God, it is not a 'belief system' and is therefore different from other religions. You are wrong about that. It is a belief system. 'I do not believe there is a God' means the same thing as 'I Believe there is no God'.

I love when a guy who shits on people for having morality gets fucked because of his shitty morals.

I love when a guy who shits on people for having morality gets fucked because of his shitty morals.

Shits on people for having morality huh? That's a new one

Google priest molests... see what you get

Hm... After some years the internet atheist movement already went through splits ( atheism vs atheism +) and now is going through sexual scandals (Shermer, Carrier, Krauss,Tyson, this guy).
Who they think they are? The Catholic Church or something??

Last edited:
Back