American Atheists President David Silverman Fired For Sexual Assault

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
This fuckin douche. Atheism is simply the lack of belief in God. Don't tell me what atheists believe in. What I believe in. Who anointed this fuckin guy to speak for atheists?

atheistmonumentcr.jpg

The group’s board held an emergency meeting Thursday evening and unanimously voted to fire 51-year-old Silverman, based on explosive written allegations of sexual assault and undisclosed conflicts of interest, BuzzFeed News has learned.

“Last night, the American Atheists Board of Directors voted to terminate David Silverman as President of American Atheists,” the group said in a statement released Friday. The board made its decision after reviewing “allegations raised regarding Mr. Silverman’s conduct,” the statement said. The board also said it intends to cooperate with any future investigations.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/peteraldho...l-misconduct?utm_term=.xh91bzd1rA#.gpBwZGyw47

Wow if this is true I'm kinda pissed. This guy is a great debater and leader in the atheist community but f him if this is true

Maybe he needs a little God in his life.

Christians can forgive a man's sins, atheists do not.

Wow if this is true I'm kinda pissed. This guy is a great debater and leader in the atheist community but f him if this is true

Get lost. The arrogance of a man to say he speaks for all people. Fuck him.

Imagine me carving rules into stone: "A white male believes...." It is fuckin ridiculous. And exactly why I distance myself and fight organized atheism.

Maybe he needs a little God in his life.

Christians can forgive a man's sins, atheists do not.

I see the stupid posts are already starting. When an atheist is accused of sexual assault atheists like me say F him. When Trump is accused by like 20 women, it's just a witch hunt

Get lost. The arrogance of a man to say he speaks for all people. Fuck him.

Imagine me carving rules into stone: "A white male believes...." It is fuckin ridiculous. And exactly why I distance myself and fight organized atheism.

Good luck fighting organized atheism. It hardly exists

btw i agree with every word on that stone

I see the stupid posts are already starting. When an atheist is accused of sexual assault atheists like me say F him. When Trump is accused by like 20 women, it's just a witch hunt

As I said, Christians can forgive a man's sins, atheists do not.

Also atheists aren't tribal like christians. If he is guilty let him be arrested and face due process. Someone else will take his place

Michael Shermer is next. Can't wait for that one.

Good luck fighting organized atheism. It hardly exists

btw i agree with every word on that stone

Yet you wear their badge. You are tribal. You have a religious mindset you just flipped sides. lol at you having their logo. just realized that. pathetic person.

Michael Shermer is next. Can't wait for that one.

The entire atheist population would have to be arrested to even come close to the number of christian priests and pastors accused and/or convicted of sexual assault. Many on children

Is ok though because god and stuff

The entire atheist population would have to be arrested to even come close to the number of christian priests and pastors accused and/or convicted of sexual assault. Many on children

Is ok though because god and stuff

Whataboutism. I am an atheist myself. Don't throw any religious arguments at me. I actually dislike the religious mindset. You don't. That is why you support leaders that write laws and tells you what you believe. You are servile.

Whataboutism. I am an atheist myself. Don't throw any religious arguments at me. I actually dislike the religious mindset. You don't. That is why you support leaders that write laws.

I also dislike the religious mindset. I'm not part of any organized atheist group lol. I happen to like the symbol of American Atheists but I'm certainly not part of them. I used to like watching David Silverman make fools out of religious people in debates and I appreciate his billboards and the awareness he gives to atheism. I wonder why you are so mad as an atheist. Reminds me of a closet gay guy who hates gays

The two alleged assaults are quite murky. One was stopped when the woman used a BDSM code word ('red' ?), the other was a result of heavy drinking at a bar.

I always thought the guy was pretentious. He made a publicity stunt about having an atheist vanity plate on his car.

With all the rumors about Shermer out there, I'm surprised he's mostly skirted through the metoo movement to this point.

I just find evangelical atheist types, the kinds who form or join organizations like the one this alleged perv is president of, to be among the most obnoxious people on the planet. Not saying they're bad people, or worse than religious people, just really really fuckin annoying. No idea if this guy is guilty of the allegations against him though.

Also nice misleading thread title... Maybe try being honest and adding ALLEGATIONS onto the end of it.

The two alleged assaults are quite murky. One was stopped when the woman used a BDSM code word ('red' ?), the other was a result of heavy drinking at a bar.

I always thought the guy was pretentious. He made a publicity stunt about having an atheist vanity plate on his car.

With all the rumors about Shermer out there, I'm surprised he's mostly skirted through the metoo movement to this point.

It is getting hotter and hotter for Shermer. A professor of science sent out a letter to the whole university he was speaking at to be on alert for him. He got furious and got lawyers involved. This was just recently. PZ Myers is back in it again.

Have you ever wondered why the #MeToo movement hasn’t caught up with Michael Shermer?

I can tell you why: it’s because he bullies people, is litigious, and does his best to make life miserable for anyone who squeaks. I publicized a woman’s first person account of how he took advantage of her at a conference — she was terrified that he’d go after her and he did — and he responded by encouraging conference organizers to blackball me, and threw a lawsuit at me (he later backed down, since it was just going to be a parade of witnesses describing his deplorable behavior).

https://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyn...ovement-hasnt-caught-up-with-michael-shermer/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back