Amanda Nunes vs. Raquel Pennington targeted for UFC 224 in Rio May 12th

Who Wins?

• Total voters
GGG vs Canelo is that month... I'll order that.

In a 5 round fight, cardio is very important.

Pennington is living and training at high altitude in Colorado. Her cardio should be golden. Nunes lives and trains at low altitude in Florida and has shown cardio problems in the past.

Nunes may have to choose: going hard to finish off Pennington early, and possibly getting finished late by Pennington if she fails and gasses; or pacing herself, but being less of a threat to Pennington thereby. In either case, I think Pennington will be trying to win by submission.

dun sleep on raquel shes on a roll

Would watch. They both need to fight. Lets get that division rolling again and cut it out with the super fight nonsense.

Will route for Pennington because i like underdogs.

Man, this better not be the Main Event.

giphy.gif

My immediate thought.

Exactly. There's no one else. That's why the Nunes vs Cyborg fight makes sense right now
Cyborg is booked with that new chick and Amanda needs a fight. At the moment Raquel was the best option.

I think Nunes has got more all round tools but Raquel is tougher, they're both pretty tough got that scrappy butch lesbian vibe.

I think Nunes takes it.

I like Nunes but I also liked Tate against Raquel and she suprised me so who knows.

LMAO nines wins this easily. Nunes is too fast and athletic. Pennington is coming off a serious foot injury too so her mobility will be even worse. She’s tough tho so Nunes will have to work but I believe she will still finish her

Cyborg initially said no, but then was down to fight Amanda, after she got angry at some of Amanda's comments. However- the UFC needed her to save UFC 222, so that is why the fight did not happen. After their next fights, i am pretty sure they will fight each other next.

So Cyborg said no, waffled, etc. Don't forget her bullshit about not fighting another Brazilian, which she said multiple times. This, of course, ignores the multiple Brazilians on her record.

Yet you are the one who said Cyborg is down to fight but Amanda will not be fighting her soon, and quoted something over a year old to imply that Amanda would not fight her. At odds with what you just posted.

Interesting choice for the challenger. Not completely counting her out though.

One good thing about wmma main event is that you can get the real important fights out of the way first.

Lol, who cares about Nunes?; or this fight?

Raquel hasn't fought for over a goddamn year and then she gets a titleshot. Gonna stop giving titleshots to ppl staying on the sidelines. Want the belt? Then fucking prove it. Get out there and whoop the competition's ass. Dont just talk shit and not fight (Looking at you Gus)

Raquel has a nice run, but come on she's been inactive. Give her a fight and if she wins that then give her a titleshot.

Fuck you she got injured dumb ass. Her last win is over the former champ.

Back