Amanda Nunes vs. Raquel Pennington targeted for UFC 224 in Rio May 12th

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Lyoto/Vitor and Jacare/Gas were enough to sell me on the card already.

Rocky’s return is just another plus.

Two most exciting woman 135ers. Pennington is the dark horse of that division. Not a bad main event if the card is stacked. Would love to see Darren Till in the co main slot or atleast on the main card.

Love it or hate it a historic moment for the UFC with two openly gay fighters competing for a title. I'm curious to see how much they'll push that narrative.

Raquel hasn't fought for over a goddamn year and then she gets a titleshot. Gonna stop giving titleshots to ppl staying on the sidelines. Want the belt? Then fucking prove it. Get out there and whoop the competition's ass. Dont just talk shit and not fight (Looking at you Gus)

Raquel has a nice run, but come on she's been inactive. Give her a fight and if she wins that then give her a titleshot.
Who else is there? Raquel has the best resume at the moment.

tenor.gif

Both had said yes allegedly, but none has signed the fight, the first one to backout and said wanted nothing with Cyborg was Nunes, then i guess her PR team told her that it was a weak move, so she changed tune, but i still dont see the fight signed.

You may wish to look up when Cyborg said no.

Nunes beats her. However am I the only person who finds Raquel Pennington oddly attractive even though I know she is lesbian?

Nunes beats her. However am I the only person who finds Raquel Pennington oddly attractive even though I know she is lesbian?
It's Sherdog, so definitely not. Blokes around here thought JJ was attractive too and jerk off to Yoel Romero's big glistening muscles on the reg. Is normal, but a bit concerning.

The card isn't that bad... This match-up is interesting. Think Nunes will out point her. But an upset would be awesome.

Since Cyborg busy for now....this is the fight to make

Don't sleep on Pennington. She can be somewhat aloof in the cage at times, but she's perfectly capable of pulling off the upset here. Actually, I wouldn't even call it an upset because it wouldn't surprise me.

You may wish to look up when Cyborg said no.
Cyborg initially said no, but then was down to fight Amanda, after she got angry at some of Amanda's comments. However- the UFC needed her to save UFC 222, so that is why the fight did not happen. After their next fights, i am pretty sure they will fight each other next.

Nunes is not only the most powerful but also most technical striker at 135 right now.

Pennington is good but I don't see where she beats Nunes at.

Nunes via TKO

Pennington will throw her around like she did miesha

Back