All Ringside/Combat Sports Gear Questions Post Here

nomilkforsanta - That has to be some of the worst insider information I have heard in a long time. You just picked a product that I probably didn't sell 10 of in the last year for your post. I assure you we work very hard with Fairtex USA to keep the prices as low as possible. We are also happy to work with very low margins on their product because Fairtex is easy to work with, makes a great product, does tons of there own promotions and has the lowest returns rate in the industry. I'll stop there because your posts are not relevant.

A coach at Fairtex Mountain View who is also in charge of sales is wrong?

don't forget that they bulk buy which lowers the prices by at least 20%. I heard from a coach at fairtex that they get the ankle guards for less then 10$ and sell them for 30$...

Sounds about right. I can get Nationman Anklets for 90 baht/ $2.90. They are often sold in the US for $15. But that's the game.

Blair Dennett -
2. Yes, all of our current and future stock is IMF tech model for Super Bag Gloves. We made the move about 4 months back but it takes a little time for all sizes and colors to make it to front stock. You will see a completely new look this fall but it is only cosmetic. If you care to see what the new version will look like you can go to this link. John is wearing them while hitting the super body protector. Gel Super Boxing Body Pad - Boxing Equipment - Ringside
Darrin

You mentioned earlier an update coming that will eclipse the old Ultimate Classic line.
Are the gloves in that video indicative of that?
I recently had to retire a pair of Ultimate Classic Super Bag gloves that I miss terribly (black with brown cuff & palm).
It would be nice to pick up something that simple and utilitarian.

I always found IMF gloves to be a little bit round for use on the bags, have you guys flattened out the striking surface any?

You guys have had a lot of great deals lately - the cleto reyes $30 small bag, the everlast $30 tear drop, the $20 10-pack of handwraps, and the $40 thai pad sale. Not sure if it's just a good time of year, but I find myself checking your site almost daily. :)

Blair Dennett -
2. Yes, all of our current and future stock is IMF tech model for Super Bag Gloves. We made the move about 4 months back but it takes a little time for all sizes and colors to make it to front stock. You will see a completely new look this fall but it is only cosmetic. If you care to see what the new version will look like you can go to this link. John is wearing them while hitting the super body protector. Gel Super Boxing Body Pad - Boxing Equipment - Ringside

The ones John is wearing in the video are the ones which will be out in the fall? If so what do the current ones look like? What will I get if I place an order today for Superbag Gloves? Does the XL size weigh 12oz?

In your opinion, what are the best Ringside Bag Gloves, IMF, Superbag, etc?

Thanks
Gus

Last edited:
Hey guys, Darrin isnt in the office today, so I thought I would answer these questions for ya. (I've been working with Darrin on the product team here at RS/CSI for the last 5 yrs)

EricPorkChop - The new line you speak of was not included in the SBP5 video, those are the newest Super Bag Gloves, which should roll into front stock in the next 2, 3 months or so.

The striking surface has not been flattened out at all, for durability and protective reasons we've chosen to go with IMF on the majority of our gloves.

Thanks, for the kind words, we will be continuing to roll out deals so keep checking!

GHVA226 - The SBG's John is wearing in that video will definitely be available this fall, possibly sooner. The XL weighs in at 14 OZ.
Right now if you order a SBG it will look like this:

Boxing Super Bag Gloves - Boxing Gear - Ringside Boxing

In my opinion (I know I'm not Darrin :cool:) The SBG, IMF Bag Gloves, and Gel Shock Super Bag Gloves are all great options:

IMF Boxing Bag Gloves - Boxing Gear - Ringside Boxing

Gel Super Boxing Bag Gloves - Boxing Gear - Ringside Boxing

Hopefully that helps a bit.
Nate

Just to let everybody know I spoke with Justin at Combat Sports and he resolved my issue with the Windy thai pads. He gave me a good deal on a new pair of thai pads and was very helpful and apologetic for the issues. After speaking with him I will say I wouldn't have a problem ordering from the company again. Thanks Justin!

My apologies for the double post.

Last edited:
Do you buy straight from Fairtex Thailand or do you go through Fairtex USA?

These are the current prices for Fairtex in Thailand.

b873d3f9.jpg

eb7be81d.jpg

372ad86f.jpg

898c295e.jpg

d35bf2ca.jpg

28a7fc4b-1.jpg

EricPorkChop - The new line you speak of was not included in the SBP5 video, those are the newest Super Bag Gloves, which should roll into front stock in the next 2, 3 months or so.
Can't wait to check it out, thanks
The striking surface has not been flattened out at all, for durability and protective reasons we've chosen to go with IMF on the majority of our gloves.
Sorry, I meant vs the IMF sparring/training gloves. Looking at the pics you posted, the super bag gloves all seem to have a slightly flatter surface than the pic of the black imf sparring gloves; which is a good thing. Even if they're the same, I'm sure it won't be an issue; it wasn't that big a deal on my original pair of IMF training gloves (r.i.p.), I just was curious if there were any differences.
Thanks, for the kind words, we will be continuing to roll out deals so keep checking!
I think my wife's going to kill me when she sees that I ordered another shipment.
$20 (and less) for fairtex satin shorts is just too good to pass up.

I'm fighting the urge to finally replace my Ultimate Classic super bag gloves and my long gone IMF training gloves....the battle's not going well.... :p I'm thinking in September I may switch my focus from muay thai to boxing; at which point, I may take the plunge.

ericporkchop - You were correct about the new IMF SBG's as they do have a flatter edge on the striking surface over the more rounded IMF techs.

rskbreaker - I wasn't at work today but I don't see on here that your 29.99 Reyes unfilled bag problem has been resolved. I know that (Ringside Albert) sent you a personal message so he could get you taken care of yesterday. I personally helped him come up with lots of options so I know you will be happy.

Thanks,

Darrin

Lets see how many of these I can answer in one shot.
GHVA226 - We are still carrying Grant Products. We have a large PO in with them at the moment and are just waiting for it to come in. It could still be a couple months out, so let me apologize in advance for any delays.

Is it true that the price of Grant gloves are going up (from $120 to $180)?

Also, I second the notion of using USPS instead of Fedex for international orders :cool:

Katriona1992 - The price went up to 180 a couple years ago and they are currently at $200.
Thanks,
Darrin

Katriona1992 - The price went up to 180 a couple years ago and they are currently at $200.
Thanks,
Darrin

As the name grows so does the price. =P

Once I am done school and making money, I will get some Grant gear.

To Clarify, if you are outside of the Continental U.S. and want to place an order for USPS shipping from either Ringside Inc. or Combat Sports International, all you have to do is call our Customer Service line at 877-426-9464. We will be happy to give you a shipping quote right over the phone (in nearly all cases it will be less expensive than Fed Ex or UPS). When ordering online, USPS is not an option as of now, but we are working to change that.

Just to let everybody know I spoke with Justin at Combat Sports and he resolved my issue with the Windy thai pads. He gave me a good deal on a new pair of thai pads and was very helpful and apologetic for the issues. After speaking with him I will say I wouldn't have a problem ordering from the company again. Thanks Justin!

You are welcome sir. Enjoy the Thai pads!

To Clarify, if you are outside of the Continental U.S. and want to place an order for USPS shipping from either Ringside Inc. or Combat Sports International, all you have to do is call our Customer Service line at 877-426-9464. We will be happy to give you a shipping quote right over the phone (in nearly all cases it will be less expensive than Fed Ex or UPS). When ordering online, USPS is not an option as of now, but we are working to change that.

Thank you Joel, that is very helpful.

Can I order over the phone using my credit card without having to fax you copies of my credit card and photo ID front and back?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back