All Ringside/Combat Sports Gear Questions Post Here

Lets see how many of these I can answer in one shot.

Championstuff - No we are not going out of business

musicrocks9393 - I started at Ringside on July 15 1995. I have done just about every job in the building. For the last 10 years I have been apart of our product development team. I am currently the Director of all Products for all brands that we manufacture and take to market.

DrDoom - My whole team was very sad to see the Ultimate Classic line go. I am not able to get into the specifics as to why, but we do have something that will be even better launching this fall. Sorry but that is all I can divulge at this time. When you see the line there will be no doubt what I was talking about.

rskbreaker - It will take me a little bit to try and figure this one out, but I am looking into it.

GHVA226 - We are still carrying Grant Products. We have a large PO in with them at the moment and are just waiting for it to come in. It could still be a couple months out, so let me apologize in advance for any delays.

All,

I will not be the only one posting on here with answers. We have a team of about 4 to 5 that are qualified to post answers so that you get quick service.

Thanks,

Darrin

I appreciate you taking the time to look into it. Thank you.

Darrin, are there any plans for Ringside to get a UK distributor for their products?

edit: or European

Last edited:
I've got 4 questions for you:

1. Can you offer international customers a choice of shipping options? Your current prices through UPS are so expensive its cheaper for me to have a friend in the US buy things for me and ship to me using USPS (a MUCH cheaper option)

2. Do the new Super Bag Gloves have IMF technology in them now?

3. Do the amateur competition gloves have IMF technology in them now?

4. What is the difference between the 16oz Elastic Cuff IMF Tech sparring gloves and the Masters Competition Gloves in 16oz. They look the same to me?

Thanks for taking the time to come here and post, there are a lot of customers here who really appreciate it.

Are you still going to carry a full line of Fairtex and Windy?

Why are the Fairtex Bowling Pin and Angle Bag priced at nearly $300 when you can buy them for $60-80 in Bangkok?

+1 on the options for international shipping, there is a distributor in Canada but the prices are marked up so high there is no point in buying ringside.

Okiehitman - We moved to the current IMF Tech because our product team worked long and hard to make what we feel is a better product. There were lots of copies being made by other fight sport companies and we felt the need to make improvements to put us back on top. In our teams opinion, our current model is a much better then what we had 8 months ago for these reasons. The new IMF foam core tests out better, more durable which means it will last longer, we have corrected the issue with hand compartment size as both of the old sizes were pretty cramped. We also feel that the overall craftmanship is way better. We know that when we change something not everyone is going to like the changes we make so we do appreciate the feedback. I will make sure to share your comments with the others.
You are correct we did switch manufactures. The reason that choice was made is because we needed to get the same quality on piece 1 to piece 1,000 and that wasn't happening with the prior model.
Thanks and we do appreciate the feedback,
Darrin

+1 on the options for international shipping, there is a distributor in Canada but the prices are marked up so high there is no point in buying ringside.

Not only are the prices marked up to where the IMF's are competing with the higher end gloves, but most of their stuff is always out of stock.

But the whole needing a copy of front and backs of the credit card and photo I.D. is a little ridiculous; for extra protection just use Paypal, also shipping via USPS would be nice as UPS like to charge their own fees on top of the duties.

But the whole needing a copy of front and backs of the credit card and photo I.D. is a little ridiculous; for extra protection just use Paypal, also shipping via USPS would be nice as UPS like to charge their own fees on top of the duties.

Co-signed to the extreme!!! Paypal and USPS would be perfect.

Blair Dennett -
1. I will see if I can get someone else to help you with the first question about shipping but off the top of my head we use mostly Fedex for shipping. I know the taxes and duties along with the freight can be ridiculous but they are our best option. I don't know if this still works but it used to be that your friend in the states could get the product. Then take it to the post office and send as a gift to you and you could bypass the Taxes and Duties. Hope that doesn't get me in trouble.

2. Yes, all of our current and future stock is IMF tech model for Super Bag Gloves. We made the move about 4 months back but it takes a little time for all sizes and colors to make it to front stock. You will see a completely new look this fall but it is only cosmetic. If you care to see what the new version will look like you can go to this link. John is wearing them while hitting the super body protector. Gel Super Boxing Body Pad - Boxing Equipment - Ringside

3. Yes, all stock sizes and colors for Ringside SGA's in lace up or elastic are with IMF Tech foam cores and have been for about the last year. We were able to do extensive foam testing with Wayne State University that proved these gloves to be much safer for the athletes in both giving and receiving punches. I like the fact that they never get mushy so basically they will last until the leather wears out.

4. Yes they are the same model. We put a masters approved logo on them when they get here. Again we wanted the sport to be safer for older boxers so we were able to get the rules changed to a much safer model.

Hope this helps,

Darrin

GHVA226 - Our original face saver was developed around 1980 which was 15 years before my time at Ringside. John our owner tells me that the first model was produced from looking at the design of a motorcycle helmet which he felt would work well for boxing. The original version compared to what we sell today is obviously much different but yes it was invented by Ringside.

Thank you,

Darrin

This is actually pretty cool

Thanks for the answers mate, much appreciated.

I can tell you for sure that USPS has the best shipping prices for international customers. I know there are other people on these boards who have friends/family send them things from the US using USPS because the cost is often half of UPS or Fedex (and they allow tracking numbers and have good postage times).

If you could just find out if USPS is available that would answer my first question.

Thanks again! The IMF in those other gloves just put them right at the top of my future purchases list.

Cheers.

Edit: the super bag gloves look really good in that video, nice and compact. And for the record, John has some got some nice pop on those shots for an old timer!

Ryukyu Damashi - Yes we will have a full line of Fairtex and Windy as far as I can see. I have two very large orders with Fairtex expected to hit in each of the next two months. There is a large number of new products coming with these orders that we expect to do really well in the US market.

Hook me up with the guy selling them in Bangkok as he is absolutely crushing my cost. In all seriousness, I would guess that they were bootlegged or stolen.

Thanks,

Darrin

I have more of a complaint than a question. I ordered a pair of Windy thai pads and when I received them one had small indents all over the leather, so I contacted the company and a rep asked me to send pics to her email , so i did . I waited for a response for 2 days and received nothing not even an acknowledgement that the email was received , so I contacted the company through live chat and I got a run around again , the rep stated that I would receive a response shortly, again i received no response so i contacted combat sports again and this time they said the rep I was contacting was no longer with the company. So I continued with a new rep and finally got combat sports to send me a return label so i could send the product back to get a replacement. Then when combat sports received the product back the sent me an email stating a refund has been issued , which I didnt want as I got a good deal for the pads (79.99 plus 15% off) , so I contacted combat sports again and they said they are now out of stock of the product and I wouldnt receive my order. Now to me this is bad customer service and business practices. I am extremely frustrated with the whole process and I feel that a pair should have been put aside for me because they were in stock when I explained that I wanted a replacement .

BIGCP84 - For Canada you should be buying from Full Contact Sports so I assume that is who you are talking about. Other than their IMF's they look to be about 15 - 20% above our price, but I don't know the dollar conversion. Anyways, I have an hour call with them once a month and I will address your comments with them. I will also try and get them to add one of our limited edition imf's that should be in soon. They are the same model in black fist with a red palm. They are basically the same glove as our current but in a really thick leather. We got a great deal on a large quantity buy because our supplier was trying to move a large amount of leather. We are passing savings on to our customers.

Thanks,

Darrin

BIGCP84 - For Canada you should be buying from Full Contact Sports so I assume that is who you are talking about. Other than their IMF's they look to be about 15 - 20% above our price, but I don't know the dollar conversion. Anyways, I have an hour call with them once a month and I will address your comments with them. I will also try and get them to add one of our limited edition imf's that should be in soon. They are the same model in black fist with a red palm. They are basically the same glove as our current but in a really thick leather. We got a great deal on a large quantity buy because our supplier was trying to move a large amount of leather. We are passing savings on to our customers.

Thanks,

Darrin

Right now the coversion has been hovering around even, to + $5 on the high end. For instance you have the IMFs on sale for $70, that would only be $71 Canadian right now.

Also, for some reason they have the lace-ups priced higher than the H&L version, when you have always sold them for the same price, as far as I can recall.

Ryukyu Damashi -

Hook me up with the guy selling them in Bangkok as he is absolutely crushing my cost. In all seriousness, I would guess that they were bootlegged or stolen.

Thanks,

Darrin

I bought the bowling pin bag from Fairtex Bangplee and the Angle bag from Actionzone Sports who is a official Fairtex Retailer in Bangkok. All of the black Syntek bags are less than $100.

Even the nylon/leather extra wide bag is only $140.

I understand there are import costs, but the price difference seems excessive.

Last edited:
RWB. My name is Justin and I'm head of sales for Combat Sports. I'm sorry to hear about the issue in getting the Thai pads to you. Hit me up at [email protected] and I will make sure we reslove this issue for you.

Hey Justin, I shot you over that email. Thanks

I bought the bowling pin bag from Fairtex Bangplee and the Angle bag from Actionzone Sports who is a official Fairtex Retailer in Bangkok. All of the black Syntek bags are less than $100.

Even the nylon/leather extra wide bag is only $140.

I understand there are import costs, but the price difference seems excessive.

don't forget that they bulk buy which lowers the prices by at least 20%. I heard from a coach at fairtex that they get the ankle guards for less then 10$ and sell them for 30$...

nomilkforsanta - That has to be some of the worst insider information I have heard in a long time. You just picked a product that I probably didn't sell 10 of in the last year for your post. I assure you we work very hard with Fairtex USA to keep the prices as low as possible. We are also happy to work with very low margins on their product because Fairtex is easy to work with, makes a great product, does tons of there own promotions and has the lowest returns rate in the industry. I'll stop there because your posts are not relevant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back