All Ringside/Combat Sports Gear Questions Post Here

Darrin Clauder

White Belt
Reaction score
Any board member with Ringside/Combat Sports product questions can post here and I will find someone that can take care of you ASAP.

Thanks,

Darrin

No idea if there was ever a reason given for this but why did the Ultimate Classic line of gear get discontinued? I always heard great things about it and wanted to get a pair of the lace-ups but never got the chance :( lol

Thanks sir :D
Hopefully you don't mind drinking diet soda... Damn diabetes! :(

I could do with dropping some weight...like 89 pounds or summit....salt or sweet popcorn...?

Type 1 or 2 diabetes?

Type 1, will be 12 years August 29th! Before I was diabetic I was extremely overweight and I went from around 160lbs to 70lbs in less than a year. But that was from me not taking care of my blood sugars and skipping shots. Nearly died when I was going to be a freshman in HS actually and have been taking care of everything ever since!

Sucks but better than the alternative....got a mate with type 1 and he still runs 10 and 20k races..

I love when people tell me I can't do things because of being diabetic :D
I remember when everyone told me I wouldn't be able to do any smokers because I would pass out or get any tattoos because my limbs would fall off :icon_lol:
Done both of those and I'm in the best shape of my life! :D

Is Ringside still going to carry Grant gloves or is the distribution agreement done? I see Grant is now taking orders directly.

Lets see how many of these I can answer in one shot.

Championstuff - No we are not going out of business

musicrocks9393 - I started at Ringside on July 15 1995. I have done just about every job in the building. For the last 10 years I have been apart of our product development team. I am currently the Director of all Products for all brands that we manufacture and take to market.

DrDoom - My whole team was very sad to see the Ultimate Classic line go. I am not able to get into the specifics as to why, but we do have something that will be even better launching this fall. Sorry but that is all I can divulge at this time. When you see the line there will be no doubt what I was talking about.

rskbreaker - It will take me a little bit to try and figure this one out, but I am looking into it.

GHVA226 - We are still carrying Grant Products. We have a large PO in with them at the moment and are just waiting for it to come in. It could still be a couple months out, so let me apologize in advance for any delays.

All,

I will not be the only one posting on here with answers. We have a team of about 4 to 5 that are qualified to post answers so that you get quick service.

Thanks,

Darrin

Most importantly.....do you want popcorn or DrDooms diet soda?

Thanks Darrin.

Quick question: did Ringside really invent the Facesaver Headgear?

GHVA226 - Our original face saver was developed around 1980 which was 15 years before my time at Ringside. John our owner tells me that the first model was produced from looking at the design of a motorcycle helmet which he felt would work well for boxing. The original version compared to what we sell today is obviously much different but yes it was invented by Ringside.

Thank you,

Darrin

I have a question. The previous version of the ringside IMF tech bag glove was of great quality. Short cuff, great knuckle position, great finger position, and probably the best bang for your buck economic glove on the market. The new glove however is top heavy, and not made as well. I was told that Ringside switched manufacturers last year, and that is why they are different? Is this true. Also, if possibly could you all please reconsider and let the powers that be know that we would love to have the old design of the IMF tech bag gloves back.

Back