All JACKED sherdoggers, post your lifts!

I would suggest you prioritise lifting, MT or grappling as they will all require slightly different adaptions.

Also, you're pretty heavy for your height in MT.
I'm a inch shorter than you, weight at the moment 27lbs less and lift more.
When in my 20's and fight regularly, I was lighter and strong than that, and I was big for my height (although often mistaken for 100+kg due to my frame and lack of fat...back then anyway).
I was just switching to a hlm routine to lower the lifting intensity because I was killing myself dieting, doing starting strength, and four days of Muay Thai and bjj. And you're right about my weight haha I get around 190ish when I consistently train and was much stronger but took half a year off then got hernia surgery and got fat and weak. It's a real bitch trying to diet and train this much in terms of energy levels though and I just sprained my mcl last week so that fucks it all up more

~DaViD~

Height: 6’
Weight: ~235

Was able to get 405 up on the bench for the first time since my senior year of college (2014) yesterday. Played football and was juiced to the gills. All natty this time though. Had a couple of reconstructive shoulder surgeries due to the injury that ultimately ended my playing career and it’s been a long road back. Not really one to brag but it felt fucking great and the shoulder held up fine. Don’t plan on going any higher than that, or really even doing that again any time soon, no need to. 3 sets of 8 at 365 and a set or two of 385 for 4, maybe 5 with a spotter and I’m good.

Last edited:
I was just switching to a hlm routine to lower the lifting intensity because I was killing myself dieting, doing starting strength, and four days of Muay Thai and bjj. And you're right about my weight haha I get around 190ish when I consistently train and was much stronger but took half a year off then got hernia surgery and got fat and weak. It's a real bitch trying to diet and train this much in terms of energy levels though and I just sprained my mcl last week so that fucks it all up more

~DaViD~
HLM routine?

If you've got an injury, you've increased your volume (through whichever metric you choose) too soon for your body to adapt to.

You can't get stronger and fitter and loose weight and increase your skills at the same time.
Even more so on the wrong side of 20.

I feel bad for the people on this thread who are being honest because I feel like probably half are people taking their lifetime best lift or adding +10-20% and thinking in their head that maybe they could get it lol

I feel bad for the people on this thread who are being honest because I feel like probably half are people taking their lifetime best lift or adding +10-20% and thinking in their head that maybe they could get it lol
That why the regulars could care less about people who post numbers in threads like this. We already know the numbers for the people who actually log here.

HLM routine?

If you've got an injury, you've increased your volume (through whichever metric you choose) too soon for your body to adapt to.

You can't get stronger and fitter and loose weight and increase your skills at the same time.
Even more so on the wrong side of 20.
Hlm is heavy light medium it's the type of programming bill Starr popularized towards football players. So instead of lifting heavy 3x a week I'd only do it once. I'm hoping it helps me recover better but you're right. I used to be able to train this hard ok 3-4 years ago but am feeling it a lot more these days.

~DaViD~

Hlm is heavy light medium it's the type of programming bill Starr popularized towards football players. So instead of lifting heavy 3x a week I'd only do it once. I'm hoping it helps me recover better but you're right. I used to be able to train this hard ok 3-4 years ago but am feeling it a lot more these days.

~DaViD~
Never done it.

I used to just do 5x5 twice a week. Lift in the am, MT in the pm.
I was a student from 2001-2004, so not really reflective of what a normal person of working age can get away with.

My log here has my training going back to 2005 or so (second log as first one got deleted and that went back to 2002 or so when I first started lifting and MT) so you can get a feel for what I was doing.

That why the regulars could care less about people who post numbers in threads like this. We already know the numbers for the people who actually log here.

TBH I haven't even looked at the numbers people have posted because, you know, it's the internet.

Back