Aljamain Sterling receives offer from Bellator

Torn. On one hand, love seeing someone stand up to the UFC. On the other hand, I think there are more good fights for Sterling in the UFC.

Hopefully he gets some good money out of this free agency.

ACQUAVIVA, ADAM 135 - Bantamweight 4W 1L
ALMEIDA, RODRIGO 135 - Bantamweight 12W 2L
BARAJAS, JOSEPH 135 - Bantamweight 11W 1L
CHAPMAN, ISAIAH 135 - Bantamweight 6W 2L
GUTIERREZ, CHRIS 135 - Bantamweight 8W 1L 1D
HILL, JOSH 135 - Bantamweight 12W 1L
JONES, TITO 135 - Bantamweight 11W 8L
MAGOMEDOV, BEKBULAT 135 - Bantamweight 16W 0L
MAGOMEDOV, MAGOMED 135 - Bantamweight 11W 1L
MORAES, MARLON 135 - Bantamweight 15W 4L 1D
MORAES, SHEYMON DA SILVA 135 - Bantamweight 7W 1L
RIVERA, JIMMIE 135 - Bantamweight 16W 1L
ROBICHAUX, CHAD 135 - Bantamweight 13W 2L
VALIEV, TIMUR 135 - Bantamweight 10W 1L

Jimmie Rivera is in UFC, there are a few guys but nothing really great for a top 10 BW.

Already beat Sheymon and Hill, Timur is the interesting fight. Tiger Magomedov I think has a fight in Russia soon so who knows what he's doing in Bellator.

If it's legit, I'd say he should jump to Bellator.

UFC doesn't seem to be that interested tbh, which is a shame because Aljo could be one of the best BW's on their roster.

But I guess they would rather have Cruz fight Faber again then fight Dillashaw again then fight Faber again.

Not the UFC, but a couple years worth of interesting fights there as prospects mature.
Jimmie Rivera is in the UFC, Chad Robichaux is 40 years old and hasn't fought in over two years, Tito Jones is a 34 year old 11-8 fighter, and so on.

Just listing fighters doesn't make it "awesome."

With guys like Dantas, Warren, Galvao, and Caldwell, Sterling should be able to fit right in.

Jimmie Rivera is in the UFC, Chad Robichaux is 40 years old and hasn't fought in over two years, Tito Jones is a 34 year old 11-8 fighter, and so on.

Just listing fighters doesn't make it "awesome."

Maybe not, but there are like 4 really good prospects and 4 really good current fighters on that list.

Not the UFC, but a couple years worth of interesting fights there as prospects mature.
if anything WSOF needs to fold. Bellator could really use some of these guys and Moraes altho i would love to see him in Bellator should be heading to the ufc where he belongs.

if anything WSOF needs to fold. Bellator could really use some of these guys and Moraes altho i would love to see him in Bellator should be heading to the ufc where he belongs.

I think moreas loses to valiev, and maybe the magomedovs..

I think moreas loses to valiev, and maybe the magomedovs..
i havent seen enough of these guys and WSOF lately to agree or disagree with you but if they are as good as you think they are ( i know Moraes is legit ) then these guys deserve a bigger platform.

This was always pretty obvious Bellator and Viacom live the ex Ufc fighters with Big names.

They've shown little interest in young fighters. This is why they don't compare to Strikeforce

This was always pretty obvious Bellator and Viacom live the ex Ufc fighters with Big names.

They've shown little interest in young fighters. This is why they don't compare to Strikeforce

Exactly, Strikeforce was built partially by bush leagues like their Challengers, Pride was built by Rings. But in order to develop this new talent they need the big names to draw the crowd. Also, WTF are they gonna do about SPIKE?

I mean obviously it'd be a shame for the UFC Bantamweight division to lose one of it's best fighters. But personally it would not shock me in the least if Aljamain heads to Bellator. As we've seen with their signing of Bendo as well as the announcement of him getting a title shot right off the bat. They are willing to go all out for talent and if Aljamain can get the same deal it honestly wouldn't shock me if he was soon their Champion.

You guys fail to remember that Aljo is a member of the Serra-Longo. Besides the regional Orgs on the East coast, no member of S-L fought team has signed outside if the UFC. So if Sterling signs with Bellator then he's probably leaving to join another team. IMO, Serra wants nothing to do with Bellator, he's a UFC guy thru n thru.

You guys fail to remember that Aljo is a member of the Serra-Longo. Besides the regional Orgs on the East coast, no member of S-L fought team has signed outside if the UFC. So if Sterling signs with Bellator then he's probably leaving to join another team. IMO, Serra wants nothing to do with Bellator, he's a UFC guy thru n thru.
Why would he leave? Serra has many fighters who fight in many organizations. Did you not watch looking for a fight"?

Serra doesn't strike me as the guy who would hold a grudge if one of his fighters left the UFC.

Why would he leave? Serra has many fighters who fight in many organizations. Did you not watch looking for a fight"?

If you read my post, you won't have asked that question. CFFC n ROC are regional promos up here in the east coast similar to Titan FC down south, Legacy for the Midwest and so on. Bellator is a main competitor to the UFC. Thise other Promos are feeders for the Big 3

Back