Aljamain Sterling receives offer from Bellator

I think UFC will match. They NEED talent like him at bantamweight.

"We got an offer from WSOF."

I'm all for him using that as leverage to get a better deal from the UFC, but fuck would that suck if he wound up over there.

The UFC would be insane not to match a contract Aljamain brings them since he is a legit fighter who will be on main cards as soon as he re signs,
since they buried him on the prelims because they didn't want to give him more negotiating power on the free market after he fought out his contract.
Aljamain is deciding which contract to bring to the UFC so WSOF may have offered him more money OR if UFC does not match they will recruit from WSOF and not Bellator later on.
Aljamain is a smart dude and a great fighter so I hope he gets the best of both worlds a competitive contract like 34/34 with 4k escalators from Bellator then the UFC match it.

I think they'll let him go and save all the money for Reem. Losing Aljamin would hurt, but losing Reem would be like getting kicked in the nuts.

I'm all for him using that as leverage to get a better deal from the UFC, but fuck would that suck if he wound up over there.
How do you think Sterling would do against Moraes?

Any details? Source? Hope aljo gets some of that northcutt money.

Uhhhhh Wsof has an awesome 135 division. High level guys.

Any details? Source? Hope aljo gets some of that northcutt money.

Ufcs first offer to him averaged 30/30 over the first 4 fights. If 40/40 gets it done than the Ufc should get it done

He is a fighter that you could potentially build a division around.
The Ufc would be remiss in letting him get away.

This guy would be a superstar if he fought at a higher weight class.

They have one elite fighter and a couple of prospects like Valiev and Hill. That's not where I want a top 5 fighter to end up.
They have quite a few other good prospects as well.

They have one elite fighter and a couple of prospects like Valiev and Hill. That's not where I want a top 5 fighter to end up.

Look at who Moraes is fighting for the title next, they most def do not have an awesome BW div.

Truthfully you never want to lose top 15 talent but out of the current free agents Reem is the one guy who would hurt the UFC to lose.

HW is thin, Reem is a name and a contender. Bendo is great fighter but he's already replaced, LW/WW are stacked.

Would suck losing sterling but with Cruz as champ the div is opened up now, Faber, TJ, Mayday is back, Barao could stay, you have Dodson and Lineker at BW now, Almeida is a beast, Cody G, Rivera. You never want to lose top 5 or 10 or top 15 talent but some guys hurt more than others.

Reem would be the one free agent out there that would hurt to lose.

Awesome? come on son
ACQUAVIVA, ADAM 135 - Bantamweight 4W 1L
ALMEIDA, RODRIGO 135 - Bantamweight 12W 2L
BARAJAS, JOSEPH 135 - Bantamweight 11W 1L
CHAPMAN, ISAIAH 135 - Bantamweight 6W 2L
GUTIERREZ, CHRIS 135 - Bantamweight 8W 1L 1D
HILL, JOSH 135 - Bantamweight 12W 1L
JONES, TITO 135 - Bantamweight 11W 8L
MAGOMEDOV, BEKBULAT 135 - Bantamweight 16W 0L
MAGOMEDOV, MAGOMED 135 - Bantamweight 11W 1L
MORAES, MARLON 135 - Bantamweight 15W 4L 1D
MORAES, SHEYMON DA SILVA 135 - Bantamweight 7W 1L
RIVERA, JIMMIE 135 - Bantamweight 16W 1L
ROBICHAUX, CHAD 135 - Bantamweight 13W 2L
VALIEV, TIMUR 135 - Bantamweight 10W 1L

Not the UFC, but a couple years worth of interesting fights there as prospects mature.

Look at who Moraes is fighting for the title next, they most def do not have an awesome BW div.
Can WSOF really even afford Moraes to not be champ, having a guy getting paid 75/75k and not hold the belt
IMO Sterling would get Moraes to the ground where he would eventually get a choke

I really want him to stay. So many fun fights in the UFC. Bellator has a solid 135 division. But I also don't think Sterling is a guy that they will go throw crazy money at.

But than again maybe they are willing to take a financial loss to help them long term.

Now we will see how much being a top 5 really means. He lacks self promotion, he lacks a beautiful style, he is just good at winning. How much is it worth Dana?

Back