Ali Abdelaziz(Manager): Demetrious Johnson vs. Henry Cejudo 2 coming in the summer

Interesting. Wonder what happened to DJ vs. TJ.

dana-money.jpg

The only way I'd want to see MM vs TJ now is if MM went up to 135 to get that belt. That way, 125 could have a chance to develop a bloody contender, because Joe B is on a huge win streak but lost two to MM and hurt his knee.

See I'm not on the TJ vs MM bandwagon, I never was, it didn't make sense. A brand new champ not defending his belt and instead dropping down to get another never made sense to me, even if it would be a good fight.

I just don't like that Cejudo is getting a shot again. If we're going with two fight win streaks (yes I know Cejudo vs Joe B was close and arguably a win for Cejudo) I'd prefer Formiga. It wouldn't be a draw, but it would be a new challenge. I just would hate to see MM end up extending his record with too-soon rematches that weren't very competitive before.

100% with you. And calling out a smaller man? The only reason TJ isn't being shunned for this is MMA fans are mad at the 125er taking Anderson's record.. imo. If any title is on the line, it should be the BW title, but MM would likely drop it right after.

I think Cejudo has been looking better, had a terrible gameplan vs. MM, and will likely earn his shot and have a better fight with DJ. I think it's too soon but the 125 UFC division is so under developed. I'm not shocked by this fight coming up so quickly.

If I thought there was a strong #1 contender for either belt, I would likely object to this fight more... but I really want it.

This is actually a rematch I'm digging though. Cejudo just got taken out so fast the first match, this second fight could be totally different. But after Cejudo, Mighty Mouse needs to move on to bigger things. He would have officially cleaned out the division if he wins.

The first fight was a slaughter. Whats the need for a rematch?

Can’t say I actually want to see this rematch but hey, don’t kill The Messenger right?

...MM is ducking TJ again, it would have been the most skilled fight in the history of the sport.

Fuck.

If anything MM should be going up to test himself at 135.He cleared that division, no need for more rematches.

Why is TJ going down with all the contenders at 135??

Cejudo shouldve won the Joe B fight and be on a 3 fight streak but even then I still dont want to see him fight MM just yet. If DJ is to defend at 125 instead of fighting TJ then I say to throw him in with someone new like Formiga but hey Im no Sean Shelby so there's that ...

Ali is like 50 guys manager and he wants his other client Cody to have TJ instead. Now you know what dana was talking about that managers suck. You get enough fighters you run UFC.

I want to be clear I dont think TJ and DJ should fight TJ needs to beat dom first and get that loss back but still thats what going on here,

jesus...... not sure I'm even watching

It is amusing to watch Sherdoggers pretend to care about UFC title legitimacy and the sport being pure, until a fight they don't want is going to be booked.

But fuck it, I want TJ vs MM too.
tj - dj is not a money fight

tj is 100 times skilled than anybody mm fought

this fight wouldnt jeopardize the legitimacy of the ufc, tj deserve the title shot, if would be way more damaging for the sports that champs are allowed to ducks people they are scared off

The only way I'd want to see MM vs TJ now is if MM went up to 135 to get that belt. That way, 125 could have a chance to develop a bloody contender, because Joe B is on a huge win streak but lost two to MM and hurt his knee.

Yeah, makes a lot more sense for MM to move up. Plus, he deserves the prestige of two belts a lot more than TJ.

TJ needs to defend his own belt before trying for a "superfight".... especially considering we all know that superfight isn't going to be a huge seller either. Neither of them are big names or draws.

tj is 100 times skilled than anybody mm fought

this fight wouldnt jeopardize the legitimacy of the ufc, tj deserve the title shot, if would be way more damaging for the sports that champs are allowed to ducks people they are scared off

I'm not convinced and your arguments sound stupid.

TJ deserves it? It would be more damaging if fighters earned their titles within the weight class than fighting bigger, unproven champions?

Maybe you can easily convince yourself by typing it and pressing send, but no, none of that adds up. Try harder.

There is only 1 super fight I ever seen valid and it didnt happen. GSP Silva. Two guys who cleaned their division twice and had nobody to fight anyone thought could win.

This one sucks Obviously DJ cleaned his out but TJ has work to do. Get that loss back from Dom and maybe Riviera would do it.

Back