Alexander Gustafsson could take the heavyweight belt

1st Jones actually failed a test vs Cormier

2nd you’re making a idiotic assumption that ppl are only basing their opinion of how they both did vs jones.

Dc did wAy more than gus as lhw

He actually won the title

He beat gus

He beat the guy who demolished gus (twice)

In other words if you’re not a complete idiot it’s not even close
Jesus christ you still don't get it:
I'm not saying Gus is better than DC. I'm saying DC homers don't respect Gus' place as a top guy near DC in the ranks and ignore his Jones war while simultaneously pointing to the need to cheat against DC as proof DC is a GOAT.
Was that hard?

Just another

guy who

can't type a paragraph

and can't understand someone else's.

ufc.jpg

bones-punched-by-gustafsson.gif

tumblr_mtj1osH3pi1qaa8d1o1_250.gif

23ldysy.jpg

sGpFwmv.gif
LOL.He lost both fights.

The guy that can't be champ in his own weight class is going to move up and win the belt?

What did Gus do other than be white and from Sweden to earn this kind of rabid fanboyism?

Just like Ngannou was bigger, stronger and harder hitter than Stipe but it didnt help him. If Stipe cant KO Gus and gasses he would lose a decision.
you missed one part

'better at everything'

stipe is better at everything than gus and ngannou both

What did Gus do other than be white and from Sweden to earn this kind of rabid fanboyism?

You are the type of retard who thinks had Gus got the decision against Jones and DC, he would be leaps and bounds better fighter than he is now, even when in reality he would be the exact same fighter with the exact same skill set. He arguably beat both prime Jones and prime DC, he is that good.

The same Gustafsson that gets hit with everything his opponent throws?

Yeah, he has some nice uppercuts, but his defensive work is bad.

Gus (6'5", 79-inch reach) has a similar body to Alexander Volkov (6'7", 81-inch reach), who might be the next young HW to make a run (on a 3-fight win streak, ranked #7).

I reckon Gus could make the transition, but the time to do it would have been two years ago, after the loss to DC. With all the older guys falling by the wayside at HW in that time, Gus would probably be in title contention on merit at HW right now. If he decided tomorrow that he wants to fight HW, they'd probably fast-track him to a title shot anyway, but it'd be cool to see a guy transition weight classes and truly earn his way to the top.

Bro Maldanado is a 185er who had huge amounts of mileage on his chin. There are plenty of guys who could come in at 220lbs and beat the tar off a HW, including Stipe if I was a betting man.

"Maldonado is a 185er", despite never once fighting at 185 during his career.

Ok.

LOL.He lost both fights.

He lost a dodgy decision against Jones who he arguably beat (i think gus won by 1 round) and lost a split decision to cormier ( again a toss)

Gustaffson doesn't get enough credit. He is near the same level as the 2 LHW goats, if he would have had a bit of luck with the judges or juiced like jones. We would arguably be talking about gus as a goat contender.

No, he get murked at HW, too powerful punchers

He ddoes better at LHW, good height/range/leverage there

Can't even take the LHW belt...

Gus (6'5", 79-inch reach) has a similar body to Alexander Volkov (6'7", 81-inch reach), who might be the next young HW to make a run (on a 3-fight win streak, ranked #7).

I reckon Gus could make the transition, but the time to do it would have been two years ago, after the loss to DC. With all the older guys falling by the wayside at HW in that time, Gus would probably be in title contention on merit at HW right now. If he decided tomorrow that he wants to fight HW, they'd probably fast-track him to a title shot anyway, but it'd be cool to see a guy transition weight classes and truly earn his way to the top.
Not sold at Volkov, i think he should've lost that Timothy Johnson fight..

Although, he had a great performance against Struve and did OK decisioning Nelson.

I think Gus needs to stay at LHW. HW is more stacked and his reach won't be that much of a advantage against other monsters, LHW is weaker than ever and with Rumble retired there's not many people i could see Gus losing to.

"Maldonado is a 185er", despite never once fighting at 185 during his career.

Ok.
Just madness, doesn't make any sense..
In his mind Hunt is a LHW lol

He lost a dodgy decision against Jones who he arguably beat (i think gus won by 1 round) and lost a split decision to cormier ( again a toss)
As a Jones hater,it was a pretty clear decision imo.2,4,5 were clearly Jones'.

And the Cormier fight being split decision was horseshit.I scored the fight 4-1 for DC.3-2 at worst.

Pretty sure Gus gets KO'd by every top 10 HW on the roster, he's really not that great.

Stipe would run through any LHW not named Jon Jones.

Get real, Gus fans.

Gus gets hit when pressured. Stipe's a good gameplanner and good at cutting guys off. Add that he's about as tall, brings a wrestling element, is the bigger man and hits harder than LHW's, and the hit-and-run strategy will be tough to pull off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back