Alexander Gustafsson could take the heavyweight belt

well i'd like to see that but my money would be at Stipe

kinda off topic but how many times we saw legit LHWs x legit HWs at MMA? like Maldonado vs. Stipe? gotta remember Maldonado had a fucking fantastic chin and never had been finished with strikes before facing Stipe, actually he was winning some fights BECAUSE OF his chin and ability to comeback after people gassed out of beating the shit of him while they couldn't finish the fight

what happened then?

Stipe CRUSHED him
PossibleCompassionateLangur.gif

Dude, that was short notice Maldonado.

Title fight? Gus gives Stipe the fight of his life in a contender for fight of the year but falls just short of the win.
Stipe has had two five round battles in his career. One was an absolute war.

Nothing about Gus really tells me he can give Stipe any tougher of a five round fight than that JDS fight.

I'm a big Gus fan and believe he will be the next LHW champ but come on, Stipe murders him.

He definetly has a chance. His wrestling is top notch, he would be the fastest guy with the best cardio.

Stipe has had two five round battles in his career. One was an absolute war.

Nothing about Gus really tells me he can give Stipe any tougher of a five round fight than that JDS fight.

It is Gustaffson's destiny in every title fight to give the champ the fullest possible challenge shy of winning.

I think Gus is actually a terrible matchup for Stipe. He has a rock solid chin (except for the time he got Rumbled), and more technical striking than Stipe. His wrestling is good enough to not get laid on, and he's got a higher work rate than Stipe. I think he could win a five round fight by decision. Stipe's not that much bigger either.
He needs a couple wins in the top 10 lhw

Its amazing hes gotten so far without any

His footwork, striking defense and reflexes would.
ok but my point is: Maldonado could take a beating of LHWs, eat the best shots Rampage and Glover had for him, and still got crushed by Stipe with just some punches.. the difference between a LHW and a real HW in terms of power it's something people don't talk enough, ask Cannonier..

Agreed. Gus is too fast. His footwork is so good Stipe never touches him.

Jon and Gus almost killed each other. imagine what en elite HW would do to them both.

On the contrary, I think Stipe would smash Gus within 2 rounds.

He certainly has the talent and frame to fight at HW. Gus gotta" bulk up tho so he won't be bullied by heavier guys.

Stipe could take him down any time he wanted and punch his head through the canvas.

Get out of here with that shit.

I don't know Gus has looked good in the past but he recently was getting lit up by Jan B in their fight. Gus doesn't have the best defence and Stipe's power will be an issue.

No fucking way.Gus is hittable and Stipe is way bigger than those 205ers like Manuwa, Glvoer, Shogun

Back