Aldo responds to Holloway's Injury Comments...

Simply not true. USADA started working with UFC in July 2015. The McGregor/Aldo fight was in December 2015.
Full implementation didn't go into effect until Oct. 2015 (IV ban) Conor fought for a total of 13 seconds at FW post USADA. His next 2 fights were at WW.

Aldo makes lots. He says he never lost to McGregor and McGregor has soap hands.
That's different he said that because he hated Conor all the trash talk got to him he'll never respect Conor and will never have anything good to say about him.

There was a lot of mutual respect between Aldo and Max. Aldo lost fair and square no excuses needed, good sportsmanship.

Aldo gassing definitely played a part in it, and Max used that to his advantage. That's part of the fight game, nothing wrong with that and Max deserves all the credit in the world for having better fight iq.

I agree the pace wasn't that crazy, but Aldo was throwing at 100% almost 100% of the time - that will drain your tank very quickly. To me, it was pretty clear he was going for the quick highlight reel KO. He was trying to make a statement. Max said that Aldo hit him harder than he's ever been hit, which should say something about Max's insane chin, considering who he's faced.

Aldo always throws heavy, every fight nearly every strike he is slamming them in, nothing new in this fight aside from being totally boxing oriented.

They weren't very deep into the fight and the pace was very very slow outside of the flurry. If he would have gotten finished in championship rounds I'd be more inclined to believe you regardless of the pace.

But with how early the finish was and how sharp and fast Aldo looked shortly before the finish and factoring the pace compared to the pace of his previous fights, I have to disagree.

I think it's more of people discrediting Aldo's conditioning more than Max's performance, Aldo's recent delusional statements has made people quick to discredit him in any way possible.

Hope he spends some time with Robert Garcia prior and realizes he needs a game plan and to break Max down. Max won't walk in to anything and wont be finished early.

Jose needs to realize that he'll have to look for a late stoppage or a decision win.

If he incorporates his kicking game like WEC Aldo and stays on the outside he has already proven that he can hurt Max. He should treat this like a Mayweather fight and slip in when the opportunities present themselves but be ghost otherwise

this could be a fun fight.

tough not to hespect both guys.

Hope he spends some time with Robert Garcia prior and realizes he needs a game plan and to break Max down. Max won't walk in to anything and wont be finished early.

Jose needs to realize that he'll have to look for a late stoppage or a decision win.

Submission seems like Aldo's best path to victory, he just needs to get max down via a knock down or takedown first, which he's capable of.

I'd enjoy seeing Aldo win.

The problem with Aldo throwing leg kicks and the pace that Max sets it that he'll tire even quicker. If he can dictate the pace of the fight then he'll have a better chance, but I don't see that happening. He hurt Max in the first fight with pure boxing, so I'm excited to see the rematch. I just think Max is prepared to counter kicks and it could end even earlier if Aldo commits to kicking to much.

I don't see that as a problem, if anything landing leg kicks would help Aldo dictate the pace.

that's great and all but look at his juiced up body in my gif.
c3oYYB1.png

Left:After USADA
Right: Pre-USADA

idk if leg kicks will nulify a longer fighter

max has already figured out that game

If he loses again he needs to retire, I hate when guys stick around too long and tarnish their legacy. 10 years undefeated then might go 1-3 in his last 4 if he loses this.

Easy win for Max via not being a midget wrestler that doesn't know how to check a kick.

Max will swallow him again in rd 3. Just too high pace reach and chin for Aldo to handle. He's a better fighter every night.

Aldo - is past prime guys. Need to accept that he's slower and don't have youthful gas to hang with a monster next gen GOAT like max at 25. Nothing to do with USADA. Prime Aldo would be fun.

Hate to admit it but this the truth. Can’t see Aldo winning unless Max makes a huge error and or Aldo lands something crazy.

People screaming for kicks and shit and forgetting that he did try to kick but got promptly countered HARD by Holloway and thus he began his boxing career.

I like this new Aldos attitude.

I think his new mindset will make him a better fighter.

No excuses, accepts results, and knows its up to himself to determine his own fate.

War Aldo.

Full implementation didn't go into effect until Oct. 2015 (IV ban) Conor fought for a total of 13 seconds at FW post USADA. His next 2 fights were at WW.

You were wrong. Just admit it.

When was Holloway hurt?
There were moments in the first and second round he was hurt and wobbled. He was on the back foot eating punches and took a knee to the face against the cage.

Here he is saying Aldo is the hardest hitter he ever felt.

Its a good thing he's got youth and size on his side. He weathered the storm and caught Aldo.

Back