Aldo responds to Holloway's Injury Comments...

Hopefully the Aldo that beat Edgar shows up for this fight and not the Aldo that showed up at McGregors & Holloways fight....

Hope he spends some time with Robert Garcia prior and realizes he needs a game plan and to break Max down. Max won't walk in to anything and wont be finished early.

Jose needs to realize that he'll have to look for a late stoppage or a decision win.
Well it looks like he has spent some times getting his ego under control. That is half the battle. You have to have enough humility to know it wasn't a fluke and what you need to work on. A lot of sherdoggers think arrogance is OK but I think it leads directly to complacency.

i like that both aldo and dede are owning the loss.

i hope he does throw more kicks :) should be a great fight.

i like that both aldo and dede are owning the loss.

i hope he does throw more kicks :) should be a great fight.

I just hope Aldo has shaken the McGregoritis.

I really get the feeling that he was aiming for a big flashy KO in front of the hometown crowd, which lead to him gassing way early. That kind of strategy is not going to work against Max.

Max can counter the leg kicks, as I think he did for the one that Jose threw in the first fight, but I'm not too sure Max will be willing to trade a counter for having a baseball bat beat against your leg. We'll see I guess.

I like both guys and just hope it's a good scrap.

The problem with Aldo throwing leg kicks and the pace that Max sets it that he'll tire even quicker. If he can dictate the pace of the fight then he'll have a better chance, but I don't see that happening. He hurt Max in the first fight with pure boxing, so I'm excited to see the rematch. I just think Max is prepared to counter kicks and it could end even earlier if Aldo commits to kicking to much.

I just hope Aldo has shaken the McGregoritis.

I really get the feeling that he was aiming for a big flashy KO in front of the hometown crowd, which lead to him gassing way early. That kind of strategy is not going to work against Max.

Max can counter the leg kicks, as I think he did for the one that Jose threw in the first fight, but I'm not too sure Max will be willing to trade a counter for having a baseball bat beat against your leg. We'll see I guess.

I like both guys and just hope it's a good scrap.
He made the fatal mistake in the first fight trying to finish Holoway when he hurt him. Holoway is too durable. I think the boxing training will help him find the right shots to use and not blow out his gas tank looking for a highlight reel finish. When he got tired his defense became bad leading to him leaving his chin out there.

I cant wait to see the rematch.

Aldo makes lots. He says he never lost to McGregor and McGregor has soap hands.

Those aren't excuses...

"I was inefficient with my energy" is an excuse

Last edited:
i just don't think aldo can handle the kind of pace holloway sets, i see aldo getting tired again and holloway fucking him up again.

max made round 4-5 aldo show up near the end of the second, and then didn't let him rest and coast, he brought it to him and beat that ass.
That' the crux of it. I think max will win, be he needs to check those leg kicks early

Leg Kick Aldo > Motivated Penn

Penn was always motivated. And Aldo tried throwing leg kicks, his opponents are just better at countering them now (they also exert more stamina than punching).

Also I disagree with Aldo and Pederneiras. Movement and cardio are the reasons that Aldo got finished. If you look at the gif, Max hits Aldo with a one-two, Aldo doesn't even respond to it or move out of the way, so Holloway just hits him with the same combo. So if he had an injury effecting those things, it's a reasonable excuse.

i just don't think aldo can handle the kind of pace holloway sets, i see aldo getting tired again and holloway fucking him up again.

max made round 4-5 aldo show up near the end of the second, and then didn't let him rest and coast, he brought it to him and beat that ass.
This is my main concern, Aldo slowing down right as Max puts in another gear. I think the key is going to be the leg and body kicks. He needs to seriously compromise Max's legs in the first 3 rounds, to win the fight. Possible. we'll see.

My prediction is this fight goes the same way as the first. I think Aldo will have success early and win the first two rounds and then Max will turn it up. The issue for Aldo is in the mid rounds he tends to get less technical and more open to being hit, Max has great cardio and gets better as the fight goes on. I think the fight goes longer this time, but I expect either a 4th or 5th round TKO or a decision for Max, I think it if goes to a dec Max will land the more convincing shots. I do expect a competitive fight though and think Aldo has a shot at a UD if his cardio holds up.....he's always amazing in the first two rounds, if he can come out like he did in the first fight and then have more left in the tank and win a late round.

Steroids
tumblr_mhn885jw5L1qa295zo2_500.gif

No steroids
giphy.gif
You do realize this performance was after the USADA,right?

aldo-knee-comp.gif

aldo-takedown-defense-reversal.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

aldo-whizzer-throw-takedown-defense.gif

giphy.gif

I hope he can get a finish in this one. Max is insanely durable, though.

Have we ever seen Max get dropped? I remember Aldo stinging him in the first, but that's it.

Back