Alabama Cop Shoots Man Holding His Wallet (Video)

Lucky he wasn't an explosive young man, otherwise the world might explode.

There is no protocol. Smart people stay in their car and wait to be contacted, many (seems like most sometimes) other people do all kinds of dumb shit like accidently put their car in reverse instead of park and start backing up at your patrol car, slam on their brakes and stop in the middle of the street instead of pulling over, get out immediately and start arguing about how they did nothing wrong, and on and on.

If this guy had been already stopped on the side of the road just standing by his car probably nothing happens. Unfortunately the way he came out of the car and the way he was shifting his hands around with his wallet while doing it caused some alarm and confusion.

i wonder if you would be so cavalier
if the person killed was a friend or family

when i worked highway in nypd you would see everything.. people already outside their cars exchanging info,people arguing,literally all types of different scenarios where people would be getting out or already out of their cars

this wasnt a car stop
this came over the radio and was a simple car accident
the cop who shot was WAY to keyed up and ready to shoot
i might have had my hand on my gun but by no means out and pointed at people
the cop fucked up plain and simple and judging by his reaction he knew it
i hope he loses his job and has to pay restitution to the victims family

Then do you have a rebuttal to his argument?
short version is that his chart doesnt account for state by state stats (which paint it in a completely diff light)
also ask a question vs white knighting

apparently the cop was found not guilty
what a crock
A federal appeals court held up a lower court’s decision that Opelika, Ala., police officer Phillip Hancock acted reasonably when he shot Air Force veteran Michael Davidson in March 2014, according to reports.

Air force vet shot because of his wallet
facepalm

Davidson — who was en route to his nearby base when the accident occurred — later sued Hancock, the police department and the city of Opelika.

“It’s very obvious from that part of the video that Officer Hancock is creating a situation that he wished had happened that would have justified this shooting,” he told WRBL on Wednesday. “When you look at the video, none of that happened. When you look at that video, in less than six seconds, from the time Michael Davidson open his door, Officer Hancock shoots him, and he shoots him for absolutely no reason.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...waving-wallet-graphic-video-article-1.2995182

when i worked highway in nypd you would see everything.. people already outside their cars exchanging info,people arguing,literally all types of different scenarios where people would be getting out or already out of their cars

this wasnt a car stop

The reason he was there was irrelevant to what happened. It was based on the actions of the guy getting out of his car and weirdly fumbling with his wallet between both hands that made it look like a shooting position that started it. I doubt the cop had his gun out before the guy started popping out of the door.

A terrible mistake but I can atleast see what made the cop mistake the guys actions as something else.

If it was my family member I'd be pissed I'm sure but I think I'd still see the same things I see now. Not like I'm nominating the cop for officer of the year here, just see what may have made him think something else was going on.

short version is that his chart doesnt account for state by state stats (which paint it in a completely diff light)
also ask a question vs white knighting

Who's the one "white-knighting" again? You made a bullshit snarky comment to his argument. If you understand things otherwise make a counter argument.

Who's the one "white-knighting" again? You made a bullshit snarky comment to his argument. If you understand things otherwise make a counter argument.
um i did in my reply but you glossed over it to once again white knight and troll me?

lol?

um i did in my reply but you glossed over it to once again white knight and troll me?

lol?

Well you tried, but in the attempt you don't understand how stats and aggregates work. If he's showing you a national graph of LE workplace deaths, and your counter is to peacemeal it up so you can make an anecdotal argument on an isolated state... then you don't understand what you're talking about.

There's that twat, and then there's this rockstar...

Literally every movement this LEO makes is perfect with phenomenal restraint before he draws.

We need to find a better and more consistent selection process.... maybe the market has it instead of gov't?

damn this cop did exactly what i argued the cop in OP shouldve done if he "feared for his life"
>get cover (he was standing right next to his open car door)
>point gun and yell instructions

dont just instantly gun him down

That guy did a great job looking hostile using a wallet as a weapon.

No sarcasm. Looks like a gun.

implement regular physical exams

In a hoop it up tournament years ago i played against a 5'10 pudgy guy probably 300lb. The guy was graceful, quick. It was shocking the way this guy moved.

I called him the Mexican Charles Barkley and apparently calling a native American the Mexican Charles Barkley was cause for full 4 on 4 brawl. And by brawl I mean fat guy throws gets slipped and experiences instant regret.
No dice pally

this wasnt a car stop

Nothing happened. Cop found justified, cleared and back to work.

America needs to completely revamp our police system. Absolutely broke when a cop can shoot just your average citizen getting out of their car at an accident and it is ok to do it.

Nothing happened. Cop found justified, cleared and back to work.

America needs to completely revamp our police system. Absolutely broke when a cop can shoot just your average citizen getting out of their car at an accident and it is ok to do it.
yeah i posted a new york times article about it later in the thread

Any backstory on this? If it was an accident, as some have suggested, why is the cop on red alert? If the call for service was a domestic, or someone acting strangely-something that might indicate some type of adversarial interaction, the way he gets out with the wallet could lead a reasonable officer to believe that the person had foul intentions. Otherwise, I see no reason to even expect a person to be a threat, even when body language is mistaken as threatening. I am probably too chill, even when dealing with a potential threat, though.

Shitty situation. The way he was holding the wallet and moving around did look odd and would definitely be concerning. He comes out sort of hunched over with a black thing in his right hand then brings his hands together as he steps out. Even after he goes down he starts to sit up and puts his hands together again.

Can see why the confusion. Just a shitty situation.

20fdaaq.png

5agqpk.png

I have never seen anyone hold a wallet weaver style.

Stupidity on all levels.

At least we won't have a two week meltdown, screams of racist cops and riots.

Back