Alabama Cop Shoots Man Holding His Wallet (Video)

Yes, and he died for it. What I'm interested in is what the officer did wrong. For starters, he shot an unarmed man. In the course of events leading up to the shooting, he had plenty of time to get a look at that wallet. And as for hurrying, iirc, the guy got down and was not moving toward the officer at all at the time of the shooting.

The idea that we ought to make no sudden moves or hold anything in our hands around the police at risk of our lives is a good argument to disarm most police imo.
to be fair he didnt die

Yes, and he died for it. What I'm interested in is what the officer did wrong. For starters, he shot an unarmed man. In the course of events leading up to the shooting, he had plenty of time to get a look at that wallet. And as for hurrying, iirc, the guy got down and was not moving toward the officer at all at the time of the shooting.

The idea that we ought to make no sudden moves or hold anything in our hands around the police at risk of our lives is a good argument to disarm most police imo.

I pretty sure if that cop had noticed it was a wallet he was holding he wouldn't have shot him, which in case you didn't see it plainly in the video, or in several of my posts, he was holding in the same manner in which you hold a handgun.

What reasons would you have to make sudden movements while interacting with a police officer? Why would you make sudden moves around a police officer while holding an object in both of your hands in the same way you would hold a pistol?

Too bad cops can't approach using some bullet proof shielding, just to give them an extra second or two to make a judgement.

what points?
police in bumfuck bama need armored tanks in order to "feel safe" when responding to traffic accidents?
standing out in the open with 0 cover with your gun drawn and gunning someone down with his hands in the air does not equal "hiding behind cover, giving instructions and waiting for a response"
fat cop said something next to a loud road and then shot twice before the guy could react

this is what he should have done:

You said get cover. A standard door and car glass isn't cover.

If you are pointing a gun your head is exposed.

Hide behind cover. You don't want to lose track of a threat or let them get the jump on you.

I already said it wasn't a clean shoot but I can't call it a bad shoot like some other clear examples.

No that cop legit put his life at risk. You can't expect cops to do that.

You said get cover. A standard door and car glass isn't cover.

If you are pointing a gun your head is exposed.

Hide behind cover. You don't want to lose track of a threat or let them get the jump on you.

I already said it wasn't a clean shoot but I can't call it a bad shoot like some other clear examples.

youre literally arguing against minimizing the risk involved for both parties
if the cop did this no one would've been shot, the "perceived threat" would've been reduced (cop in safer position) and so the cop could have waited for another .5 seconds to see the man throwing his hands as far up in the air as he could

600-02348083em-police-officer-crouching-behind-car-door-with-gun-drawn.jpg

tdi-level-vi-handgun-john-prepares-to-engage.jpg

also legit lol @ "brb let me just hit this headshot right quick no problem i play cod all the time"

yes you can

Well then I challenge you to watch the video again. He didn't obey the only command they gave him. He took it upon him self to hop out of his car instead of staying put, holding his wallet like a fucking pistol, then when they yell at him to show them his hands he extends it towards them still holding it in both hands like a pistol.

This guy didn't deserve to be shot, but watching this video, it is of no fucking surprise to me that he did get wasted.

I've already seen it enough to know you are full of shit when you make the claim he was "coming at the officer" and he "didn't obey the only command they gave him". Maybe you should watch it again.

The driver was moving normal to slow speed until the officer started shouting "show me you hands" and when he made the moves to show his hands
he was shot for it, because he had his wallet in hand. It might have appeared for a split second that he extended his hands toward the cop, but he was only doing so because the cop told him to show his hands. Also, both hands were extended in the air as the shots rang out.

The officer created the situation that lead to him shooting an unarmed driver, not the other way around.

It's always funny to see people defend someone who fucks up this bad.
I don't think he should be in jail because it was a mistake, but he has no business being a cop.

I literally cannot believe people are defending the cop in this video. At the very least, it is repulsive that we live in a society where the cops are so trigger happy that we have to be mindful of our every action around them. This was a minor traffic incident, you can already see the truck driver is out of his vehicle. Every time I have been in a fender bender I get out of the car to assess damage, talk to the other driver etc. This poor guy understandably grabs his wallet and starts to get out of the vehicle and the scared shitless cop shoots him without a second of hesitation.

youre literally arguing against minimizing the risk involved for both parties
if the cop did this no one would've been shot, the "perceived threat" would've been reduced (cop in safer position) and so the cop could have waited for another .5 seconds to see the man throwing his hands as far up in the air as he could

600-02348083em-police-officer-crouching-behind-car-door-with-gun-drawn.jpg

tdi-level-vi-handgun-john-prepares-to-engage.jpg

also legit lol @ "brb let me just hit this headshot right quick no problem i play cod all the time"

yes you can

No I'm not. You couldn't see the cop or where he was. You are doing a lot of assuming with where he was. He wasn't responding to a hostage call where he could see a threat upon rolling up so that he can get out into cover and concealment. Yes it could have been handled better by both parties.

They were like 20 feet away. It isn't ridiculous to think someone could get some semi accurate shots off.

No you can't, that's ridiculous to expect that kind of risk of death.

Btw when I say bad shoot I mean take legal action against the cop.

It wouldn't bother me if he is permanently relieved of duty. All I'm saying is I can see exactly why he shot. That guy couldn't have made it look anymore like he was carrying a gun if he tried.

Last edited:
I literally cannot believe people are defending the cop in this video. At the very least, it is repulsive that we live in a society where the cops are so trigger happy that we have to be mindful of our every action around them. This was a minor traffic incident, you can already see the truck driver is out of his vehicle. Every time I have been in a fender bender I get out of the car to assess damage, talk to the other driver etc. This poor guy understandably grabs his wallet and starts to get out of the vehicle and the scared shitless cop shoots him without a second of hesitation.

I'm not sure how many times I have to explain this, he didn't get shot because he got out of his car. He didn't get shot because he was holding his wallet in his hand.

He got shot because he exited the car immediately after the cops stopped behind him, holding a dark object in his hands exactly the same way you hold a pistol. Then when they say "show me your hands" he extends the mother fucker out towards the cops like he's pointing a gun at them.

Yes, even the military training I had of guarding an object in a civilian area was far stricter than to allow stressed behavior like that, and that was still training for guarding during a time of war. The police operate in peace time and deal with far more people, which means that they have to be even calmer in their approach.

Add to this that the cop was arriving at an accident, he wasn't pulling someone over. After being involved in accidents people are often in chock and can act a bit irrationally, which means that you need even more patience.
It's always worth mentioning the military because they have the strictest rules of engagament you can possibly dream of while acting in areas where the potential threat isn't some gangbanger or crazy person with a handgun, it's insurgents with assault weapons, suicide bombers... they have to walk around places infinitely more dangerous than a fucking road in bumfuck Alabama and somehow still manage to not shoot up the place anytime someone moves.

If you can train a 20 year old kid to handle an assault rifle with responsability you sure as fuck can do that with "peace officers" with multiple years of experience. As long as you make them accountable and get it through their skulls that, just because the job is dangerous, they don't get to transfer the risk to those around them.

So basically whenever you are out in public for any reason you have to be careful around cops because they are allowed to shoot you just because they are scared, even if the situation doesn't warrant it.

I can't believe what America has allowed their police to become.

Back