Al Snow says all matches in Pancrase were 100% works

82057-thats-a-bold-strategy-cotton-g-0hV3.gif

Pancrase in the 90s wasn't 100% works, but it had it's fair share of them. But so did the UFC and PRIDE in the 90s too though.
Just how pre-2000 MMA was.

OK dude, whatever you say. I definitely wasn't trying to make you so mad.
<{Heymansnicker}>
Again, trying to alter the reality into something you wish it happened.

I'm just having a casual talk with salty bum. Nobody is mad here.

I'm not going to sit here and say for sure that I know 100%, I'm just saying that based on what I've seen of the shoot style pro wrestling that predated Pancrase, to me it appears that Pancrase was more of the same. Shamrock vs Hume is already widely considered to be a work, as is Shamrock vs Suzuki the match they had before Shamrock fought Severn in UFC. I'm sure there were legit fights here and there, and I'm not saying this to be negative towards Pancrase or any of these fighters, I think it's awesome, and even the worked fights still had legit technique that was way ahead of it's time for where MMA was. All of Frank Shamrock's fights in Pancrase look suspicious to me, every single one of them. One of the Suzuki vs Rutten fights I watched not too long ago looked no different from a worked PWFG match. Shamrock vs Takahashi had a lot of matches in PWFG. Shamrock, Funaki, and Suzuki all wrestled each other countless times in worked PWFG matches, their Pancrase fights don't look any more realistic than some of those matches. Suzuki vs Maurice Smith, anything with Yanagisawa, Takahashi, these guys were training in the PWFG dojo with Karl Gotch and doing worked matches together for 2+ years before Funaki and Suzuki stole everybody away from PWFG to start Pancrase. They made the fights look really good because they were legit in the dojo, they went at it for real and what happened in the dojo determined what happened on fight night.

I'll take it one further, I think Sakuraba vs Vernon White and Sakuraba vs Carlos Newton in Pride were possibly worked shoot style pro wrestling matches.
BTW, Ive seen many people in this site claiming that Ken vs Hume was a work. It was actually an exhibition match (Hume was injured just b4 the bout)...

I always thought it was weird that Suzuki and Funaki only faced each other once and that they chose to work a short sprint instead of a long epic considering they were the top 1 and 2 native fighters.

I've been saying that for years. Pancrase fighters are frauds. It was a pro-wrestling organization with MMA type rules.

I'm seriously thinking very few people in this actually watched the video.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UWF_International

He's literally stating the obvious. It's not wrong, but TS went and mislabeled the title. Now people think we're talking about Pancrase as opposed to essentially what was a variation of pro wrestling.

Roid rage, Shammy probably didn't realize he was supposed to win anyway. Or didn't kow the opponent was throwing the fight.

Massive ego on the poor guy.

That fight is a known work, both guys were in on it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back