Ahed Tamimi indicted over slapping of Israeli soldier

The U.S. stops vetoing everything at the U.N. and lets the international community use the forum as designed?

I don't think much of the U.N. so fuck much of what they want.

I do support a two state solution. Just how it gets set up is the question.

I don't think much of the U.N. so fuck much of what they want.

I do support a two state solution. Just how it gets set up is the question.

Well I don't know how it does get set up, but I know how it doesn't. And that's with a U.N. Veto doing whatever it's told by one of the interested parties before anyone even comes to the table.

Well I don't know how it does get set up, but I know how it doesn't. And that's with a U.N. Veto doing whatever it's told by one of the interested parties before anyone even comes to the table.

The U.N. has been anti Iseral for a while now so I don't see Iseral getting any decent compromise through them.

Iseral has do thing they should not and illegal settlements is a big one.

I really don't see much of a way this works out as both sides 're too far apart.

The whole idea of going back to pre 67 borders is not going to happen.

The U.N. has been anti Iseral for a while now so I don't see Iseral getting any decent compromise through them.

Iseral has do thing they should not and illegal settlements is a big one.

I really don't see much of a way this works out as both sides 're too far apart.

The whole idea of going back to pre 67 borders is not going to happen.

It's not that hard. The rest of the world says "Okay, this is where we're drawing the borders, and if you don't comply, you're getting completely isolated"

It's not that hard. The rest of the world says "Okay, this is where we're drawing the borders, and if you don't comply, you're getting completely isolated"

And why should we support that if we don't agree with it.

Because that's the price of peace.

Or we could just keep getting roped into nonsense wars for the next 5 generations.

So we should do something we don't believe in and screw a friend just to get along and please others and most of them don't like us anyway?

I'm all for using our influence with Iseral to push things along but not to screw them over.

If the concerned parties not willing to give some concessions for peace. Then they don't value peace. Not our concern anymore.

At some point the international community has to put it's foot down.

ahed-tamimi-11.jpg

Israel better lock her up forever because the last thing the zionist regime needs is the brave and beautiful Ahed Tamini being the face of Palestinian struggle.

So is she like one of those western girls that went over Pali side to help out because they were bored with life at home or something?

here is a view on her missing the feminist praise that she deserves from the Arab news site.

----

There has been a curious lack of support for Ahed from Western feminist groups, human rights advocates and state officials who otherwise present themselves as the purveyors of human rights and champions of girls' empowerment.
Ahed, like Malala, has a substantial history of standing up against injustices. She has been protesting the theft of land and water by Israeli settlers. She has endured personal sacrifice, having lost an uncle and a cousin to the occupation. Her parents and brother have been arrested time and again. Her mother has been shot in the leg. Two years ago, another video featuring her went viral - this time she was trying to protect her little brother from being taken by a soldier.

Why isn't Ahed a beneficiary of the same international outcry as Malala? Why has the reaction to Ahed been so different?

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/west-praising-malala-ignoring-ahed-171227194606359.html

here is a view on her missing the feminist praise that she deserves from the Arab news site.

----

There has been a curious lack of support for Ahed from Western feminist groups, human rights advocates and state officials who otherwise present themselves as the purveyors of human rights and champions of girls' empowerment.
Ahed, like Malala, has a substantial history of standing up against injustices. She has been protesting the theft of land and water by Israeli settlers. She has endured personal sacrifice, having lost an uncle and a cousin to the occupation. Her parents and brother have been arrested time and again. Her mother has been shot in the leg. Two years ago, another video featuring her went viral - this time she was trying to protect her little brother from being taken by a soldier.

Why isn't Ahed a beneficiary of the same international outcry as Malala? Why has the reaction to Ahed been so different?

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/west-praising-malala-ignoring-ahed-171227194606359.html

It might be related to the fact that the father and other family members have been featured in TIME and other media outlets in the past stating they hope that their actions will set off another Intifada.

"Dubs" derives from "double," i.e. double yellow cards, which requires two.

Alas, I only have one.

I have no idea how infractions are apportioned.
Finally, someone has explained it!

While almost everyone in Nabi Saleh is a member of the Tamimi clan, Bassem’s photogenic family—particularly his teenage daughter Ahed—has always been at the center of the media attention that the Nabi Saleh protests have assiduously cultivated. In 2013, Ahed made global headlines when she was bestowed with Turkey’s Handala Award for Courage by then-Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, in recognition of her very public confrontation with Israeli security forces who had arrested her brother.

Bassem has long-served as the spokesman for Nabi Saleh’s supposedly non-violent protest movement. In an interview published in early May 2011 on the website The Electronic Intifada and promptly cross-posted at the website of the Hamas-affiliated al-Qassam Brigades, Bassem Tamimi outlined views he has since repeated many times. A quote from the interview—“our destiny is to resist”—has become something of a signature slogan for the Tamimis.

Bassem Tamimi had already expressed his hope in his Electronic Intifada interview that the regular protests in Nabi Saleh would provide “the basis for the third intifada.” Some two years later, a glowing tribute to the Tamimis featured as a New York Times Magazine cover story. In that piece, Tamimi declared: “If there is a third intifada … we want to be the ones who started it.” The hope that the almost weekly demonstrations at Nabi Saleh “could become something big”—“Like a third intifada”—has also been expressed by other members of the Tamimi family.

http://www.thetower.org/article/how-a-family-became-a-propaganda-machine/

Great family there.

Nonviolent resistance certainly will have my support. It usually is the smarter choice anyway:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2011/08/24/think-again-nonviolent-resistance/

It's just that they are not nonviolent, neither in their acts nor in speech or intent.

Should read your links before you post them or at least be aware of the meanings.

“If there is a third intifada … we want to be the ones who started it.”

intifda means to "shake off" and where it was originally chosen to connote "aggressive nonviolent resistance".

The first intifada was a protest of civil disobedience and non-violence bar the idiots throwing stones and some molotov cocktails. Refusal to pay taxes things like that.

Israel responded by sending in 70,000 troops firing live rounds and "breaking Palestinian bones" with issued clubs. UN condemned the Israeli response. Israel held over 10,000 people with ZERO due process. Israeli reports indicated that beatings of unarmed Palestinians became "systemic"

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=5Rn3CgDAymEC&pg=PG114&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

I could go on and on citing academic texts about what happened etc. Seriously go read books instead of just googling for articles that back you up and don't even bother to read them

The US Department of State seems to disagree with you on who started the war of 1948...
https://history.state.gov/milestones/1945-1952/arab-israeli-war

Again please read the links you post

"Why retire “Milestones”? In mid-2016 the Office of the Historian completed a review of its online offerings and concluded that extensive resources would be needed to revise and expand this publication to meet the Office’s standards for accuracy and comprehensiveness."

Facts. I’m sure. Seen a lot of manufactured facts on this topic. No human shields, except in this video and those other ones.

Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz on Tuesday demanded that the High Court review a ruling it issued last Thursday in which it declared that the 'human shield' procedure employed by the IDF when detaining Palestinian terror suspects is illegal and violates international law.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014...-used-human-shields-1200-times-2006-2011.html

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3154142,00.html

These guys showed amazing restraint. I would have slapped the shit out of both of the girls.

Wheest keyboard hardman, you'd not even go over there pmsl. I'd have slapped the shit out of two teenage girls, would you big man, wow that''ll get you the next title shot.

Just for the record the switching from military targets to civilian targets lost the Palestinians at the time any moral authority, it was WRONG you don't attack civilians, ideally you don't attack anyone.

Back