Ahed Tamimi indicted over slapping of Israeli soldier

But did the whites try and wipe off said oppressors from the map when their country was founded, advocate their genocide and then get their asses kicked in a war first?
Literally none of that happened though. Israel was the initial aggressor. They committed genocide on many Palestinian villages. They have been militarily occupying Palestine since 1948, and stole even more land in 1967 in a war that they fucking started.

A war of aggression and a land grab. They are historically, morally, and factually in the wrong. Period.

And what if these Whites were ethnically cleansed, brutalized, imprisoned, tortured, demonized, bullied and subjugated for decades by a different ethnic group- would you be able to understand if they lashed out in retaliation, or are they never allowed to defend themselves or lash out.

If they had cruise missiles, guided munitions and better weapons, they wouldn't resort to suicide bombings.
If that happened to @Protectandserve he would join the Likud party as soon as he completed his 20 year prison sentence.
"I got my mind right, boss"

I also think that the jews should've just taken it from NAZI Germany. I wouldn't support any armed resistance to overwhelming violence form an outside actor. That wouldn't be moral. Only nonviolence resistance is acceptable, no matter the circumstances.

Never was talking about outside actors. And Godwin's law is striking strong and early here I guess? Palestinians have a rough life and they are suffering under an occupation that violates international law, but I cannot see they're being exterminated. Family members have repeatedly stated they want to start another Intifada, so I view their interactions with Israeli forces as largely engineered to serve that purpose.

The girl should not serve years in jail, but talking her up to be some kind of resistance heroine is just wrong.

To my knowledge most of those christian palestinians live in israel and are 'arab citizens'. A large amount of arabs of israel identitfy as palestinian. I know the christian citizens of israel got it pretty good compared to christians who live under palestinian control. Take the armenian and orthodox christian sect in Israel. If however there are some other 100.000 christian in palestinian control. Then idk why. maybe they unaware.

what do you mean them being tribal? i thought american christians were half white and half hispanic. what are they tribal or ethnic for.

But the Christian Palestinians still support the Palestinian cause. They still sympathize with the Palestinian people. PLO negotiator Hanan Ashrawi is a Christian.

Most Conservative American Christians come off as tribal, and by that I mean they tend to support attitudes and policies that are anti Black and anti Hispanic (native looking Hispanic people). Rightwing Christians have used religion to justify slavery and segregation. Roy Moore is a rightwing Christian and a racist.

I don't know. Do you think thats okay if they do?
She won’t. Not even close. Max sentence here for drugs is 20 years. Someone gets busted for a joint are they getting 20? No. But the headline is so scary...

While almost everyone in Nabi Saleh is a member of the Tamimi clan, Bassem’s photogenic family—particularly his teenage daughter Ahed—has always been at the center of the media attention that the Nabi Saleh protests have assiduously cultivated. In 2013, Ahed made global headlines when she was bestowed with Turkey’s Handala Award for Courage by then-Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, in recognition of her very public confrontation with Israeli security forces who had arrested her brother.

Bassem has long-served as the spokesman for Nabi Saleh’s supposedly non-violent protest movement. In an interview published in early May 2011 on the website The Electronic Intifada and promptly cross-posted at the website of the Hamas-affiliated al-Qassam Brigades, Bassem Tamimi outlined views he has since repeated many times. A quote from the interview—“our destiny is to resist”—has become something of a signature slogan for the Tamimis.

Bassem Tamimi had already expressed his hope in his Electronic Intifada interview that the regular protests in Nabi Saleh would provide “the basis for the third intifada.” Some two years later, a glowing tribute to the Tamimis featured as a New York Times Magazine cover story. In that piece, Tamimi declared: “If there is a third intifada … we want to be the ones who started it.” The hope that the almost weekly demonstrations at Nabi Saleh “could become something big”—“Like a third intifada”—has also been expressed by other members of the Tamimi family.

http://www.thetower.org/article/how-a-family-became-a-propaganda-machine/

Great family there.

Nonviolent resistance certainly will have my support. It usually is the smarter choice anyway:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2011/08/24/think-again-nonviolent-resistance/

It's just that they are not nonviolent, neither in their acts nor in speech or intent.

yes i thought so. but extremists on both side will ignore facts. they try to portray themself as super tolerant but it is a lie. wanting to start an infitada is islamic supremacy.

I also think that the jews should've just taken it from NAZI Germany. I wouldn't support any armed resistance to overwhelming violence from an outside actor. That wouldn't be moral. Only nonviolent resistance is acceptable, no matter the circumstances.

it is not the same. I dislike religions but collectivelye it sucks but muslims in certain parts of the world do get a blanket treatment because of their leadership and the average opinion held. The west bank and gaza are not friendly places for christians, or jews, or non sunni muslims. Also nazis wanted to genocide races of people from earth and rule the planet. Israel's arabs (palestinains) are increasing in numbers and have increasing crazy leadership elected by them. In israel at least they got left wing parties that advocate 'humman rights' and in Israel they even allow arab parties which no jewish party is allowed in any muslim country execpt Iran and in iran they are capped at like 2 seats. That is a lot of tolerance right there.

Literally none of that happened though. Israel was the initial aggressor. They committed genocide on many Palestinian villages. They have been militarily occupying Palestine since 1948, and stole even more land in 1967 in a war that they fucking started.

A war of aggression and a land grab. They are historically, morally, and factually in the wrong. Period.
The US Department of State seems to disagree with you on who started the war of 1948...
https://history.state.gov/milestones/1945-1952/arab-israeli-war

Never was talking about outside actors. And Godwin's law is striking strong and early here I guess? Palestinians have a rough life and they are suffering under an occupation that violates international law, but I cannot see they're being exterminated. Family members have repeatedly stated they want to start another Intifada, so I view their interactions with Israeli forces as largely engineered to serve that purpose.

The girl should not serve years in jail, but talking her up to be some kind of resistance heroine is just wrong.
"Resistance is their destiny" may seem inflammatory, but its pretty much based in reality.
Who engineered the kid getting shot in the face? Or the kid handcuffed to the windshield? There is a lot of cause and effect here.
Even if she is being raised poorly, you can't deny her chutzpah. And, again, "scum" is harsh.

But the Christian Palestinians still support the Palestinian cause. They still sympathize with the Palestinian people. PLO negotiator Hanan Ashrawi is a Christian.

Most Conservative American Christians come off as tribal, and by that I mean they tend to support attitudes and policies that are anti Black and anti Hispanic (native looking Hispanic people). Rightwing Christians have used religion to justify slavery and segregation. Roy Moore is a rightwing Christian and a racist.

my guess is maybe they are tribal? they are still arabs and possibly making best of their situation. what palestinian christians outside think would be interesting.

like have you met lebanese christians in the diaspora? i have and they tend to be still christian but decently pro israel. going back to when Israel fought with them against islamists. of course some hold same anger at 2006, since israel did bomb some christian areas.

Last edited:
She won’t. Not even close. Max sentence here for drugs is 20 years. Someone gets busted for a joint are they getting 20? No. But the headline is so scary...

Do you think a 16yo girl should go to prison for 20 years for throwing a stone? Yes or No

Do you think a 16yo girl should go to prison for 20 years for throwing a stone? Yes or No
Is that all she’s done? Actually? Is that he only charge she has and no history or anything else? Then no. Maybe 90 days in their juvenile

"Resistance is their destiny" may seem inflammatory, but its pretty much based in reality.
Who engineered the kid getting shot in the face? Or the kid handcuffed to the windshield? There is a lot of cause and effect here.
Even if she is being raised poorly, you can't deny her chutzpah. And, again, "scum" is harsh.

It is. But I view this family as one that seeks confrontations with Israeli forces to add fuel to the fire and start a third Intifada - in other words, they hope that their actions will breed more violence. I think scum is not the worst description for someone's like that, even if I can acknowledge that what they do takes balls and comes at high personal risk.

I mean, you can totally slap someone with handcuffs on if you try. Fake News.

It is. But I view this family as one that seeks confrontations with Israeli forces to add fuel to the fire and start a third Intifada - in other words, they hope that their actions will breed more violence. I think scum is not the worst description for someone's like that, even if I can acknowledge that what they do takes balls and comes at high personal risk.
Thats fair. If they're scum then what would you call the Israelis that would imprison a teenager for 20 years for throwing a stone?
Shooting a kid in the face with a rubber bullet? Tying them to the hood of your card to act as a shield?

I think this is an extreme situation and it warrants extreme behavior (to an extent).

Is that all she’s done? Actually? Is that he only charge she has and no history or anything else? Then no. Maybe 90 days in their juvenile
Its not all she has done, but it is the penalty for throwing stones in the occupied territory.
Nothing she has done warrants 20 years.

We'll have to see how Israel plays this.

Thats fair. If they're scum then what would you call the Israelis that would imprison a teenager for 20 years for throwing a stone?
Shooting a kid in the face with a rubber bullet? Tying them to the hood of your card to act as a shield?

I think this is an extreme situation and it warrants extreme behavior (to an extent).

assholes. if the rock kills or injures someone badly then it not bad. throwing rocks at cars can kill and destroy people. but yeah.
Its not all she has done, but it is the penalty for throwing stones in the occupied territory.

doubt she gets 20 years. be bad press for them. even among there christian supporters.

If she’s down other stuff she might’ve looking closer to a year or more

Back