Ahed Tamimi indicted over slapping of Israeli soldier

Her family hast a history of 'resistance'. There's also a picture of her biting an Israeli soldier or cop who is trying to apprehend her brother from a couple years ago.

I am somewhat sympathetic to the plight of the Palestinians, but these folks appear like scum to me.
Really? Are you fucking kidding me? Oh no, they're sort of timidly resisting a brutal military occupation. They must be awful people. Not the Israeli government, or the soldiers, or the settlers. No, the Palestinians who have the audacity to slap back when they've been literally buried alive. Great analysis.

She's probably gonna Snack bar herself when she gets out anyway...

What a shitty comment. I'm sure you'd say the same thing about white protestors.
If they had a long well documented history of strapping themselves with explosives, blowing up soldiers and being praised by their compatriots for it I damn sure would.

Her family hast a history of 'resistance'. There's also a picture of her biting an Israeli soldier or cop who is trying to apprehend her brother from a couple years ago.

I am somewhat sympathetic to the plight of the Palestinians, but these folks appear like scum to me.
Scum is pretty strong for a 16yo, yeah? And if you see how they treat these kids its 100% understandable if not 100% justifiable.
They shot her cousin point blank in the face with a rubber bullet. They jail kids for 20 years for throwing stones.

If they had a long well documented history of strapping themselves with explosives, blowing up soldiers and being praised by their compatriots for it I damn sure would.
Plenty of right wing terrorism in the US lately. Should I lump all white right wingers into that same group? Maybe advocate for rounding them up? Try holding consistent beliefs, and universal principles. It's difficult, but rewarding. It also makes you less of a complete dick bag.

How many Christian Jews are there? Jews ethnically cleansed many Christian Palestinians also.

If American Christians cared about Christians why don't they care about Christian Palestinians, since there still are over 100,000 Christian Palestinians in Israel , Gaza and the West Bank combined.

The truth is most rightwing American Christians are tribal so they don't give a shit about other Christians, they only use religion as a proxy for ethnic identity. Pro Israeli propaganda and Christian Zionism has convinced them it is in Western cultural interests to side with Jews against Christian Palestinians.

To my knowledge imost of those christian palestinians live in israel i think and are 'arab citizens'. A large amount of arabs of israel identitfy as palestinian. I know the christian citizens of israel got it pretty good compared to christians who live under palestinian control. Take the armenian and orthodox christian sect in Israel. If however there are some other 100.000 christian in palestinian control. Then idk why. maybe they unaware.

what do you mean them being tribal? i thought american christians were half white and half hispanic. what are they tribal or ethnic for.

And what if these Whites were ethnically cleansed, brutalized, imprisoned, tortured, demonized, bullied and subjugated for decades by a different ethnic group- would you be able to understand if they lashed out in retaliation, or are they never allowed to defend themselves or lash out.

If they had cruise missiles, guided munitions and better weapons, they wouldn't resort to suicide bombings.

Really? Are you fucking kidding me? Oh no, they're sort of timidly resisting a brutal military occupation. They must be awful people. Not the Israeli government, or the soldiers, or the settlers. No, the Palestinians who have the audacity to slap back when they've been literally buried alive. Great analysis.

While almost everyone in Nabi Saleh is a member of the Tamimi clan, Bassem’s photogenic family—particularly his teenage daughter Ahed—has always been at the center of the media attention that the Nabi Saleh protests have assiduously cultivated. In 2013, Ahed made global headlines when she was bestowed with Turkey’s Handala Award for Courage by then-Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, in recognition of her very public confrontation with Israeli security forces who had arrested her brother.

Bassem has long-served as the spokesman for Nabi Saleh’s supposedly non-violent protest movement. In an interview published in early May 2011 on the website The Electronic Intifada and promptly cross-posted at the website of the Hamas-affiliated al-Qassam Brigades, Bassem Tamimi outlined views he has since repeated many times. A quote from the interview—“our destiny is to resist”—has become something of a signature slogan for the Tamimis.

Bassem Tamimi had already expressed his hope in his Electronic Intifada interview that the regular protests in Nabi Saleh would provide “the basis for the third intifada.” Some two years later, a glowing tribute to the Tamimis featured as a New York Times Magazine cover story. In that piece, Tamimi declared: “If there is a third intifada … we want to be the ones who started it.” The hope that the almost weekly demonstrations at Nabi Saleh “could become something big”—“Like a third intifada”—has also been expressed by other members of the Tamimi family.

http://www.thetower.org/article/how-a-family-became-a-propaganda-machine/

Great family there.

Nonviolent resistance certainly will have my support. It usually is the smarter choice anyway:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2011/08/24/think-again-nonviolent-resistance/

It's just that they are not nonviolent, neither in their acts nor in speech or intent.

they'll book her, break her in prison & make her sign documents that say she's responsible for crimes she never committed, which will be tallied into a system of false stats, presented before Israeli government officials who will then approve of settlers to steal more land.

And what if these Whites were ethnically cleansed, brutalized, imprisoned, tortured, demonized, bullied and subjugated for decades by a different ethnic group- would you be able to understand if they lashed out in retaliation, or are they never allowed to defend themselves or lash out.

If they had cruise missiles, guided munitions and better weapons, they wouldn't resort to suicide bombings.
No way, bro. Muslims are inherently bad.

I think they'll end up killing her. She is good looking, and a sympathetic figure for the West to latch onto.
Yeah, the Israeli gov. would like nothing better than to character assassinate her. If she ended up being a suicide bomber , it would please the Israeli government. They would love to kill her and claim self-defense but her notoriety makes that an iffy situation right now.

Her European looks and being female is bad PR for Israel.

While almost everyone in Nabi Saleh is a member of the Tamimi clan, Bassem’s photogenic family—particularly his teenage daughter Ahed—has always been at the center of the media attention that the Nabi Saleh protests have assiduously cultivated. In 2013, Ahed made global headlines when she was bestowed with Turkey’s Handala Award for Courage by then-Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, in recognition of her very public confrontation with Israeli security forces who had arrested her brother.

Bassem has long-served as the spokesman for Nabi Saleh’s supposedly non-violent protest movement. In an interview published in early May 2011 on the website The Electronic Intifada and promptly cross-posted at the website of the Hamas-affiliated al-Qassam Brigades, Bassem Tamimi outlined views he has since repeated many times. A quote from the interview—“our destiny is to resist”—has become something of a signature slogan for the Tamimis.

Bassem Tamimi had already expressed his hope in his Electronic Intifada interview that the regular protests in Nabi Saleh would provide “the basis for the third intifada.” Some two years later, a glowing tribute to the Tamimis featured as a New York Times Magazine cover story. In that piece, Tamimi declared: “If there is a third intifada … we want to be the ones who started it.” The hope that the almost weekly demonstrations at Nabi Saleh “could become something big”—“Like a third intifada”—has also been expressed by other members of the Tamimi family.

http://www.thetower.org/article/how-a-family-became-a-propaganda-machine/

Great family there.

Nonviolent resistance certainly will have my support. It usually is the smarter choice anyway:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2011/08/24/think-again-nonviolent-resistance/

It's just that they are not nonviolent, neither in their acts nor in speech or intent.
I also think that the jews should've just taken it from NAZI Germany. I wouldn't support any armed resistance to overwhelming violence from an outside actor. That wouldn't be moral. Only nonviolent resistance is acceptable, no matter the circumstances.

they'll book her, break her in prison & make her sign documents that say she's responsible for crimes she never committed, which will be tallied into a system of false stats, presented before Israeli government officials who will then approve of settlers to steal more land.
100% this.

But did the whites try and wipe off said oppressors from the map when their country was founded, advocate their genocide and then get their asses kicked in a war first?

Ahh, yes, let's impute the actions of a small fraction of a percent of a persons to everyone who looks or sounds like them.

That's not racist.

Usually, after all, when a white man goes to prison, I immediately assume and comment that he will join the Aryan brotherhood and become a Neo Nazi upon parole. I am sure you do as well. Like, I'm sure when you saw that video of that white Aussie kid body slamming a school bully, you had similar thoughts.

But did the whites try and wipe off said oppressors from the map when their country was founded, advocate their genocide and then get their asses kicked in a war first?

What a moron you are.

Europeans made a habit of oppressing Jews for centuries and became so suspect of their ability not to genocide them following World War II that they created a fictitious state and made Palestinians pay the European debts and become the new oppressed people.

Ahh, yes, let's impute the actions of a small fraction of a percent of a persons to everyone who looks or sounds like them.

That's not racist.

Usually, after all, when a white man goes to prison, I immediately assume and comment that he will join the Aryan brotherhood and become a Neo Nazi upon parole. I am sure you do as well. Like, I'm sure when you saw that video of that white Aussie kid body slamming a school bully, you had similar thoughts.
Hey man, I just saw Shotcaller... I know what that prison life is about for PEN1

Back