Aaron Hernandez CTE

lowlife

Swangin and Bangin
@Black
Reaction score
https://sports.yahoo.com/aaron-hernandez-cte-devastating-news-nfl-213810596.html

So apparently his brain was sent over to Boston University, who are currently at the forefront of CTE research, at the request of his attorneys. They found him to have stage 3 CTE, or what is usually found in retired players well into their 60's. Obviously this is extreme damage for someone so young. 27 years old, 44 NFL games, 40 college games. His attorneys are filing a lawsuit against the NFL on behalf of his daughter, not sure what the goal is there. Does this change your view on the situation? What do you think this means for current players, how many are possibly walking around right now with unknown severe cases of CTE? I had no interest in this story until this popped up, now I'm fascinated by what some of the implications could be.

Why not sue the university too? He played almost as many games there. Maybe hit up the high school he went to as well.

Interesting discovery about his brain, stupid lawsuit that hopefully goes nowhere.

Last time I checked, no one forced him to play football. I'm sick of stories saying how screwed the NFL is for this.. yeah, maybe if they lose money in this lawsuit I suppose. He made a choice to play football just as he did to kill people.

Yeah, I'm sure the CTE was to blame for him keeping it real, and living the gangster lifestyle, while he had a lucrative NFL career.

Last time I checked, no one forced him to play football. I'm sick of stories saying how screwed the NFL is for this.. yeah, maybe if they lose money in this lawsuit I suppose. He made a choice to play football just as he did to kill people.

At his level, I think "choice" isn't really black and white. He was a star since he was in his teens, there was really little chance he would choose to stop when all that money and fame were right around the corner, not to mention we are really just starting to learn the full effects of CTE.

His decision to murder someone was definitely a choice though. One driven by many mental factors, but it was a choice and the punishment was fair

Yeah, I'm sure the CTE was to blame for him keeping it real, and living the gangster lifestyle, while he had a lucrative NFL career.
Well if his brain wasnt functioning properly then yea it could be blamed for him never maturing and becoming a productive member of society

Is this homo really trying to clown someone else for being a :eek::eek::eek:?
Oh the ironing

I don't think, at any point, he made fun of him for being gay.

Norton is half a :eek::eek::eek:. Funny dude though. Cant watch his stand ups, have to listen. He blinks way too often and hard and it throws me off.

Well if his brain wasnt functioning properly then yea it could be blamed for him never maturing and becoming a productive member of society

Shit, someone inform Chicago and Baltimore. We may have found the route cause to all the gang violence down there.

https://sports.yahoo.com/aaron-hernandez-cte-devastating-news-nfl-213810596.html

So apparently his brain was sent over to Boston University, who are currently at the forefront of CTE research, at the request of his attorneys. They found him to have stage 3 CTE, or what is usually found in retired players well into their 60's. Obviously this is extreme damage for someone so young. 27 years old, 44 NFL games, 40 college games. His attorneys are filing a lawsuit against the NFL on behalf of his daughter, not sure what the goal is there. Does this change your view on the situation? What do you think this means for current players, how many are possibly walking around right now with unknown severe cases of CTE? I had no interest in this story until this popped up, now I'm fascinated by what some of the implications could be.

CTE symptoms of that stage from what i have seen in men, is high aggression and anti-social behaviour. I'm sure part of it also has to do with damage to the Amygdala, there are other factors that are yet to be discovered.

Shit, someone inform Chicago and Baltimore. We may have found the route cause to all the gang violence down there.
First time you've admitted to being wrong so quickly
Score one for the books

They need to do autopsys on non football people to find out if they have CTE. CTE is still to new to find a direct link to the nfl. They have it connected to brain trauma but that can come from a lot of things. He was in a gang, did he get punched really hard that caused CTE

The point is, you know the risks. How many boxers end up developing CTE during their career? Who's at fault if they do?

The point is, you know the risks. How many boxers end up developing CTE during their career? Who's at fault if they do?

There beautiful archaic codes are defective for the battle of chaos. It is a tragedy, but it's a thread of the lifeforce we are able to taste and take deep inside of us.

Im not interested in his particular lawsuit or any attempts to absolve him of responsibility. I'm more curious as to how widespread this might be and what it means health wise for pro athletes in the major contact sports, the ones where they train since childhood. The guy was only 27 with just a few years in the league. Like what percentage of nfl players are running around right now with severe cte, that we'll hear about down the line, like a Junior Seau. And if it's more prevelant than we thought, has it always been this way or has modern training/competition taken it there?

There beautiful archaic codes are defective for the battle of chaos. It is a tragedy, but it's a thread of the lifeforce we are able to taste and take deep inside of us.

lol

At his level, I think "choice" isn't really black and white. He was a star since he was in his teens, there was really little chance he would choose to stop when all that money and fame were right around the corner, not to mention we are really just starting to learn the full effects of CTE.

'.. tell me something -if the rule you followed lead you to this, of what use was the rule?'

They need to do autopsys on non football people to find out if they have CTE. CTE is still to new to find a direct link to the nfl. They have it connected to brain trauma but that can come from a lot of things. He was in a gang, did he get punched really hard that caused CTE

Yeah, maybe he played in a death metal band and the loud noises gave him CTE. I dunno...

Back