A top Netflix executive is out after using the N-word

Well this is why Netflix is a successful company. I like competence. I could be the biggest black person hater in the world and still fire this moron. It shows he doesn't know his fuckin job.

No fella it show that our society has really become confused to the point of dysfunctional , roller coaster tycoon

regardless of the first instance, when you get called to a human resources meeting about co-workers taking offense to language you've used, and you then repeat the language in the meeting how you shouldn't use that language in the workplace,

tender your resignation, you idiot.

HR what did you say

Fired guy. I cant tell ya

The stupidity of all this is staggering. He said the n-word, instead of saying "n-word", when discussing offensive words. He then repeats the n-word again, instead of saying "n-word", while discussing about the original n-word incident in an HR meeting. A few months later, while giving a talk to a bunch of black employees, he doesn't bring up him saying the n-word which is seen as minimizing the responsibility of saying the n-word instead of saying "n-word". So he is fired for saying the wrong n-word and then not saying it at all.

I'm surprised this isn't a bigger story. Its like someone lost their job by saying Voldemort instead of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. We are living in a less mature reality than a children's book.

Fuck I was halfway through your post and thought of the joke you later attached.

Harry Potter says the word you must not say and is a hero. An executive says the word you must not say and is crucified.
Life is like so arbitrary.

HR what did you say

Fired guy. I cant tell ya

lol, hey HR you tell me exactly what I said to get fired.

Last edited:
NOTICE:

This admin account, ‘Peteyandjia’, has been locked & placed under leave until further notice, due to use of the R word. We apologize to all members of this forum, an internal investigation of this matter is underway.
LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!

regardless of the first instance, when you get called to a human resources meeting about co-workers taking offense to language you've used, and you then repeat the language in the meeting how you shouldn't use that language in the workplace,

tender your resignation, you idiot.
lmao @ the "meeting" in that case

That's not a discussion, that's a trial. There is no interest in discussion. This is all hogwash. It's like a parody of The Knights who say Ni.

Can I use thw N-word on here yet?

Or nah?

Netflix just announced DMX as his replacement.

lmao @ the "meeting" in that case

That's not a discussion, that's a trial. There is no interest in discussion. This is all hogwash. It's like a parody of The Knights who say Ni.

it doesn't need to be a discussion.

he did something at the workplace we wasn't supposed to.

the fact that it was a human resources meeting and not a disciplinary one was an attempt to make the whole thing go away, and he made it worse.

his stupidity got him canned. as it should.

As a minority, I never liked the stigma against the N-word because I don't want to give the word any more power. It's a horrible word with a horrible history. Why not reduce its power instead of giving it more power by making it a boogeyman?

it doesn't need to be a discussion.

he did something at the workplace we wasn't supposed to.

the fact that it was a human resources meeting and not a disciplinary one was an attempt to make the whole thing go away, and he made it worse.

his stupidity got him canned. as it should.
The part that is bullshit is the automatic "he did something wrong" when the meeting was discussing slurs. It's not clear that it's wrong to use a slur at a meeting about slurs. And then it's automatically wrong to speak the word in the context of a meeting about a slur that was used in a meeting about slurs? Sounds opportunistic and predatory. This is goddamn hysteria, absent some extraordinary context.

Use of the phrase "the n-word" is for sissies. It makes grown ass people look like little children. I try to avoid it whenever possible. Anyone who gets offended by a word regardless of context is a fucking moron.

Anyone who gets offended by a word regardless of context is a fucking moron.
What? That's a bit much. I'd be offended by the use of :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in the context of seriously discriminating against an entire race of people.

That would be saying "Not only am I against these people, but I'm intentionally using the sharpest and most offensive term that is available to me in order to really hammer home my prejudice"

What? That's a bit much. I'd be offended by the use of :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in the context of seriously discriminating against an entire race of people.

I dont think i phrased that sentence as clearly as i could have. I meant that in the opposite way of your interpretation.

I dont think i phrased that sentence as clearly as i could have. I meant that in the opposite way of your interpretation.
But obviously you should still be banned from all Crave Media, because no matter what context you said that in, it offended me.

The part that is bullshit is the automatic "he did something wrong" when the meeting was discussing slurs. It's not clear that it's wrong to use a slur at a meeting about slurs. And then it's automatically wrong to speak the word in the context of a meeting about a slur that was used in a meeting about slurs? Sounds opportunistic and predatory. This is goddamn hysteria, absent some extraordinary context.

its really not clear to not use slurs in the workplace? like, almost any and every workplace?

and yes, it's automatically wrong to speak the word in a meeting about not speaking that word. i looked it up a second time. he has 2 black HR employees reiterating the company policy on how to discuss the word in the workplace, and he says it to them.

there just isn't some matter of ridiculous circumstances. its straight up.

its really not clear to not use slurs in the workplace? like, almost any and every workplace?

and yes, it's automatically wrong to speak the word in a meeting about not speaking that word. i looked it up a second time. he has 2 black HR employees reiterating the company policy on how to discuss the word in the workplace, and he says it to them.

there just isn't some matter of ridiculous circumstances. its straight up.
The meeting is about the incident, to clarify and educate and resolve a conflict as appropriate. You're describing something that belongs in a 1970's eastern European dungeon.

This is what is news nowadays so here it is. He's obviously a moron.

A top Netflix executive has left the company after he used the N-word in front of colleagues on more than one occasion.
The streaming service's chief communications officer, Jonathan Friedland, issued an apology on Twitter Friday and said he's leaving the company after seven years.

"Leaders have to be beyond reproach in the example we set and unfortunately I fell short of that standard when I was insensitive in speaking to my team about words that offend in comedy," the tweet reads. "I feel awful about the distress this lapse caused to people at a company I love and where I want everyone to feel included and appreciated."

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/22/news/companies/netflix-spokesperson-n-word/index.html

Good.

The meeting is about the incident, to clarify and educate and resolve a conflict as appropriate. You're describing something that belongs in a 1970's eastern European dungeon.

A conflict arises at the workplace, it needs to be resolved.

Sometimes there's a party in the right and a party in the wrong. Which was in question, until the dumass did the thing that he by that time already knew full well caused the conflict.

We can agree to disagree, but that's pretty basic to me.

Back