A Fighter's Life After Retirement

Selling peanut butter.

JX0fQcJ.jpg

Wow that is Mark Kerr? Dayumm he didn't age well.
Lots of substance abuse took its toll on him.

It's a shame he could never get his head on straight....although he'd be screwed in modern MMA anyways. USADA would have him down to a middleweight or something.

Rich franklin has a chain of juice bars
Koschek and Moose are into real estate.

Some fighters are actually smart with their money

A retired UFC fighter coaches at my gym. Nice, down to earth guy.

They have plenty of options...security, coaching, sports education, school teacher, gym, nutritionist, strength and conditioning coach, television, fight promoter...really not that hard.

It sucks that a lot of them put in so much work but don't seem to reap the same rewards as high level boxers or football players etc, but a lot of the time they're just completely stupid with their money and just can't handle adjusting back to normality.

Really, mid tier guys who fight on main or co main events, have a few sponsors, few bonuses etc should be able to invest their money wisely into property, shares, pay off a mortgage etc and have a pretty fucking good start to their new career, much better than others so I don't always have sympathy for them when they have a big cry about how poor they are post fighting.

Although some guys have a really rough career especially among the old school shooto, pride, pancrase, vale tudo etc type breed of fighters who literally fought for chump change.

Are you out of your mind?

Great post! It's depressing to see that most of the MMA fighters have shit lives afterwards especially Roger Huerta. He was on top of the world with a lot of promise, and then crashed and burned. GSP at the end of the video had me cracking up.

Roger is actually doing well now. He's a coach at Tiger Muay Thai in Thailand.

Keep the videos coming! Mark Kerr's body @ 10:00 he has the body of a 50 yr old software engineer who never lifted in his life.

Never lifted? He still has broad shoulders and an impressive (but wracked by injury and age) frame.

Anyway once you stop lifting you lose your gains, even if you are natural.
Hell get sick or maintain a deficit caloric intake for long enough and you'll lose your gains too. I went from 165 pounds lean, 275 bench to looking "like I've never lifted a day in my life" weighing 155 and benching the same in less than two months after having surgery (lymph node in groin removed).

He really doesn't look that bad at all, all things considered (injuries from wrestling, MMA, test issues etc).

Great post! It's depressing to see that most of the MMA fighters have shit lives afterwards especially Roger Huerta. He was on top of the world with a lot of promise, and then crashed and burned.

Not sad at all for Huerta. He turned his back on the sport. He was never any good anyway, was just a TUFer Dana pushed and built up because he wanted a face for the Mexican audience.

He never performed when he was actually out against decent competition and turned his back on the UFC to pursue an acting career, after all the time, money, effort and pussy the UFC spent on him.

He's the very definition of a worhtless pretty boy fighter who isn't really there to fight.

He got his just desserts.

Not sad at all for Huerta. He turned his back on the sport. He was never any good anyway, was just a TUFer Dana pushed and built up because he wanted a face for the Mexican audience.

He never performed when he was actually out against decent competition and turned his back on the UFC to pursue an acting career, after all the time, money, effort and pussy the UFC spent on him.

He's the very definition of a worhtless pretty boy fighter who isn't really there to fight.

Damn, you mad brah?

One of the worst, uninformed opinions ever to be posted on Sherdog.

So Hector Lombard is ready to be a history teacher in a couple of years?

Roy Nelson a SPORTS educator?

WTF could bigfoot offer in terms of SECURITY with zero training?

Oh yeah, James TeHuna is primed and ready to be a fight promoter! He has the biz acumen because he fought Shogun Rua!

You have gone full retard, I said they're suitable SOME options. Obviously, they might have to take a few years off for courses, training etc and who said anything about taking a career change with zero training ? I'm not saying they can walk into any job, it's just that some of their skills and knowledge is transferable with additional training and education.

Ray Sefo, fight promoter.

Randleman ended up assistant coaching and teaching junior wrestling.

A load of guys end up being coaches at mma gyms, hell James McSweeney does seminars in Australia and charges like 80 a head for one session.

Conrad retired to work in finance for fuck sake, it's really not that hard especially when you've already got a head start on people who have had to struggle for everything.

And good way of picking deliberate examples of the dumbest guys you can think of..there are guys out there like Mir, GSP, Rich Franklin, Carwin, Sage who could go on to do anything they wanted.

Their career does not define their ability to learn. I know men who has started apprenticeships in their 50's whilst supporting families, don't give me this bullshit.

Are you out of your mind?

Yeah sorry, MMA fighters are a special breed, with no intelligence and nothing to offer the civilian and have no hope for a career path change. They're on equal with convicted rapists, paedophiles and serial killers..cry me a river.

Most of them focused on their education prior to going all in in MMA. They just go back and put it to use.

He wasn't on TUF.

Back