A fake news feeding frenzy: Jill Stein also now under investigation for Russian collusion.

th
<{Heymansnicker}>

My tinfoil hat conspiracy that probably isn't true but I'd like it to be is that Bernie was also in on this. Think about it: guy honeymoons in Moscow, refused to release his tax returns, and is now subject to an FBI fraud investigation for aiding his wife's embezzlement. He's scorched earth 'every left wing politician who doesn't agree with me is part of the 'establishment' even though I've been in congress for four decades' bullshit and misinformation campaigns designed to undermine confidence in the media is straight out of putin's playbook.

Of course the Russians would support Stein, that's how their "soft power" techniques work.
That's not the same as saying Stein has done something wrong. Accepting a dinner invitation isn't collusion in a crime.

Neither is accepting a meeting without food.

Case closed

So it boils down to that Trump Jr. was communicating (or had been copied/forwarded emails) about a shit load of people including Jill Stein, and the Mueller probe wants to see those documents? Boring!

<{hughesimpress}>

Oh please. Mueller and Comey are friends. Mueller loaded his massive team full of Clintonites.

With constant non-stop leaks (Even my Comey himself LOL) you believe this "investigation" is real!? Haha!

This "investigation" is nothing more than tax-payer funded opposition research leaked straight to the DNC.
Like Benghazi?

Neither is accepting a meeting without food.

Case closed

Not really, whether a crime's been committed is precisely what the investigation is seeking to discover.
It's not illegal to be a "useful idiot", on the other hand...

Campaign-finance law prohibiting foreign contributions.

Trump Jr.’s explanation of why he took the meeting is admission in and of itself of a campaign-finance law violation, asserts Brendan Fischer , program director of Federal Election Commission reform at the Campaign Legal Center, which advocates for fair elections. Foreign nationals are prohibited from contributing to US elections, and US citizens from soliciting such contributions. “Oppo[sition] research on your opponent is an in-kind contribution,” Fischer tweeted. “Arranging a meeting to facilitate the receipt of that contribution=solicitation.”

Receiving stolen property.

Possessing or concealing stolen property can be a state and federal crime, and if Veselnitskaya passed along any hacked DNC emails or information contained in these emails, these laws could apply.

Computer-fraud law.

The US’s “fraud and related activity” computer law is written mainly to outlaw hacking, but also makes it illegal to “willfully communicate, deliver, transmit, or cause to be communicated” any information obtained through hacking that “could be used to the injury of the United States, or to the advantage of any foreign nation.”

Conspiracy to defraud the US.

The broadly defined federal law is generally defined as cheating the US government out of property or money, but has also been defined in legal judgments as interfering with or obstructing “lawful governmental functions by deceit, craft or trickery, or at least by means that are dishonest.” Laurence Tribe, a professor of constitutional law at Harvard Law School, told Quartz that “a properly conducted presidential election” could be construed as what was taken by illegal means.

Accessory after the fact.

Starting in August 2016, after he won the Republican presidential nomination, the elder Trump began receiving US intelligence briefings. This law could apply if these briefings included the information that intelligence agencies thought the Russian government was trying to hack the US election and if the information was then shared improperly, said Seth Abramson, professor of law at the University of New Hampshire. Accessory-after-the-fact statutes cover anyone who “knowing that an offense against the United States has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment.” US intelligence agencies started expressing concern about foreign hacking of the 2016 race in May.

Misprision of a felony.

Anyone offered information obtained through a felony who does not bring that information to the US government’s attention could face charges. “Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both,” the law says.

We McCarthyism now

I think it's funny when she was disputing the election and calling shenanigans

This doesn't require translation. It's context for the tweet. She's commenting on that headline. She's ranting about speculation concerning her role in the Russian affair, and what she feels is a politically motivated campaign against her and the Green Party.

That's why I hate Twitter. Anytime that someone wants to actually say something of substance they have to tweet 15x just to write a paragraph. Perhaps you didn't intend to do it, and you're just gullible, desperate, careless, or possibly all three at the same time, but you abused context with citation of her tweet.

Jill Stein defends attending Moscow gala with Flynn

That article is commenting on this Politico piece:
Jill Stein Isn’t Sorry:
The Green Party candidate has no regrets, even as Democrats accuse her of helping elect Donald Trump and cozying up to Vladimir Putin.

She takes money from RT to shit on the USA. I'm sure she's sincere, but her naivete in reacting with surprise that shilling her radical anti-American political philosophy on a Russian propaganda channel has briefly extended the spotlight to her just demonstrates why she's too simple to be a viable national candidate. She's like a child who wandered into a movie theater.

How can you say it abused he context, the comment was on the media and how they make up a russia narrative

She is one example of a greater arc that she was commenting on, and to say otherwise is baseless conjecture to allow a witch hunt on trump but not on her

She even mentions that Hillary invented it to cover her failures, that sounds more like she's defending trump

Last edited by a moderator:
How do people not understand why this russia stuff sounds like lunacy of the tinfoil hat variety?

You ran an old white lady as the presidential candidate for a party whose entire platform is overtly racial and has no other appeal to voters.

This resulted in mass confusion/apathy and Trump won.

Boom. Pay me.

Despite months and months of extreme scrutiny, there seems to be nothing unique about Russia's interference in this election compared to their interference in every election for the past 70+ years.

How do people not understand why this russia stuff sounds like lunacy of the tinfoil hat variety?

They're relying on a strawman (people who deny Russia's involvement in US politics, period). This allows them to keep revising the theory down from Trump being Putin's puppet to Trump suiting Putin's agenda, etc.

Their eventual "victory" will be proving beyond a doubt that Russia did indeed try to influence our elections.

They'll leave out the (perpetually since 1850) part.

It's similar to climate extremists who pretend that if you don't believe Godzilla will emerge from a melted iceberg and decimate mankind then you don't believe in climate change at all period.

They're relying on a strawman (people who deny Russia's involvement in US politics, period). This allows them to keep revising the theory down from Trump being Putin's puppet to Trump suiting Putin's agenda, etc.

Their eventual "victory" will be proving beyond a doubt that Russia did indeed try to influence our elections.

They'll leave out the (perpetually since 1850) part.

It's similar to climate extremists who pretend that if you don't believe Godzilla will emerge from a melted iceberg and decimate mankind then you don't believe in climate change at all period.

"Strawman," "people who deny Russia's involvement in US politics?"

As Lindsay Graham has said, "there is only person in Washington, that I know of, that has any doubt about what Russia did in our election, and that is Trump."

She is a Dr.

So plz stop spreading fake news, or I will cut your dick off.
<Varys01>

Jill Stein, like Dr. Ben Carson, is perfect proof someone can be good in a specialized field, yet be a complete and utter dipshit when it comes to everything else.

"Strawman," "people who deny Russia's involvement in US politics?"

As Lindsay Graham has said, "there is only person in Washington, that I know of, that has any doubt about what Russia did in our election, and that is Trump."

Did you just do exactly what I described intentionally?

Read again

I understood what you wrote. For starters, my point was that Trump still has not stated, unequivocally, that he believes that Russia did what every intelligence agency head has stated they did. You are making a straw man argument, that serious people are arguing that Trump is "Putin's puppet." The senate (and soon the house) though are going to do their best to prevent him from taking action that suits Russia's agenda.

What exactly sounds like lunacy to you?

The fact that from the moment trump first expressed an offhand interest in american/russian cooperation on the campaign trail, his critics began scrabbling to find dots that could connect Trump to putin, to the extent that even seemingly mundane connections elicit responses of "WAAAH! COLLUSION! IMPEACHMENT! TANGERINE TURD! UNDERMINING DEMOCRACY! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD! PANIC! PANIC!"

No indivdual accusation sounds insane, but the context created by the overall climate of anti-trump hysteria, including silly bullshit like the "grab her by the pussy" video and the incredible case of the vanishing rape victims, makes legitimate criticisms hard to identify amidst the morass of obvious nonsense.

I didn't like Obama, but it was the same with him; when you have half the world railing on hysterically about the undercover kenyan agent of allah infiltrating the US government, and analysing photos of him eating bacon and eggs in an effort to confirm his adherence to taqiya and therefore his connections to the islamic world... Well, it just starts to sound insane and hard to take seriously.

In short, the part that sounds like lunacy is the lunatics.

Back