$725 well spent

One of us!
One of us!
Gobble gobble!
One of us!

It's the nearest place to Ridgecrest, I may have moved since we last spoke. I bought a house in the desert. I'd rather not but I had to travel to London for my visa so it isn't that bad.
Oh, wow. Yeah, last I heard it was San Jose or something in the bay. What made you move so far South?

It's the nearest place to Ridgecrest, I may have moved since we last spoke. I bought a house in the desert. I'd rather not but I had to travel to London for my visa so it isn't that bad.
Didn’t know you moved to Ridgcrest, we were there for a bit in 2000 while I worked at the base. After 6 months, we made a move down to Lancaster when I took a job at Edwards.
Congratulations on the citizenship.

Oh, wow. Yeah, last I heard it was San Jose or something in the bay. What made you move so far South?
Price. A good sized 4 bed house in The Bay would have set me back 1.6 million, husband can work from home anywhere in the US and it was time to get out of an apartment I didn't like. Apart from the 116f frequent summer days, it's nice. Small town but a really nice community spirit. Miss my social life but that could easily be remedied if it was that much of an issue.

They will ask you about Hulk Hogan on the citizenship test.

R.fcb01d0cb12bf296cf667215353da9c3

Just in time for the fall

Didn’t know you moved to Ridgcrest, we were there for a bit in 2000 while I worked at the base. After 6 months, we made a move down to Lancaster when I took a job at Edwards.
Congratulations on the citizenship.
It's not done and dusted, I've just started the process. I went through all sorts of crap with USCIS for my Green Card which they admitted they screwed up but made me pay another $900 or I would have to start the process all over again. There's no reason for them to turn me down being I've provided tax, mortgage, every other legal document they're asking for...just hopefully fingers crossed it isn't the same nightmare.

Did you like Ridgecrest? My first place I moved to was Norfolk so funny I've ended up in another naval town.

Fucking septic .

More importantly, how's the kittens ?

It's not done and dusted, I've just started the process. I went through all sorts of crap with USCIS for my Green Card which they admitted they screwed up but made me pay another $900 or I would have to start the process all over again. There's no reason for them to turn me down being I've provided tax, mortgage, every other legal document they're asking for...just hopefully fingers crossed it isn't the same nightmare.

Did you like Ridgecrest? My first place I moved to was Norfolk so funny I've ended up in another naval town.
They got you over a barrel and are squeezing you like Tony Soprano on the money end, I wouldn’t want to start the process over again.

Yes and no on Ridgcrest, I liked that my boys and I could ride our dirt bikes right from the neighborhood out to the hills. I liked being close to the Sierras, Lake Isabella, Kern River etc… I liked for the first time in 20 years I was close to my family again.

What I didn’t like was my work place, hands down worst moral and highest turn over in my career. The summer heat was insane, it didn’t even think about cooling off till midnight it seemed. I do like the desert in the winter time tho.

We sold our place in Lancaster about a month ago and have since relocated to the Midwest now. Antelope Valley has gotten pretty crazy these days, Tehachapi is nice.

They got you over a barrel and are squeezing you like Tony Soprano on the money end, I wouldn’t want to start the process over again.

Yes and no on Ridgcrest, I liked that my boys and I could ride our dirt bikes right from the neighborhood out to the hills. I liked being close to the Sierras, Lake Isabella, Kern River etc… I liked for the first time in 20 years I was close to my family again.

What I didn’t like was my work place, hands down worst moral and highest turn over in my career. The summer heat was insane, it didn’t even think about cooling off till midnight it seemed. I do like the desert in the winter time tho.

We sold our place in Lancaster about a month ago and have since relocated to the Midwest now. Antelope Valley has gotten pretty crazy these days, Tehachapi is nice.
You were really close then. Apart from a trip to Vegas we haven't left the town since we moved here in the summer. The summer temp wise is indeed brutal, thankfully we don't have to be out in it apart from getting in and out of the car to do shopping or what have you. And phew with air con. I'm not sure which is worse, the SE Virginia humidity or blinding 116f heat here but I'm happier here than San Jose. Sorry you had a tough time work wise, there's literally nothing employment wise here other than fast food so I'm doing a real estate course which will take time but at least I'll be working for myself.

Price. A good sized 4 bed house in The Bay would have set me back 1.6 million, husband can work from home anywhere in the US and it was time to get out of an apartment I didn't like. Apart from the 116f frequent summer days, it's nice. Small town but a really nice community spirit. Miss my social life but that could easily be remedied if it was that much of an issue.

Yeah, the price differences are insane. I'm in Central valley but going a little over an hour or so in a different direction and price for square footage can easily drop by almost 50%, on top of being better quality housing and even newer. It's nuts. I almost think you could buy a house in something Like Jamestown or Sonora, and literally pay to move it to a plot you buy elsewhere.

Congrats @fingercuffs, you became an american at the right time if you ask me.

We're being invaded by aliens

I tried to file for American citizenship on July 4th but I hadn't been living at the same address for long enough. Today it went through, I have to go to Fresno to provide all the documents which is a pain being it's an overnighter and Fresno is pretty sketchy but I'm on the right track.

Today is a good Monday!

Anyone else done the same in a foreign country? If @Cool Hand Luke can do it...
It is a hilarious irony that you go to a Mexican AF town to become american.

Back