***#7 Ranked UFC Middleweight Robert Whittaker, Sherdog Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome and thank you for joining us. My question is will you fight Mousasi after he beats Vitor?
haha counting him out already huh, my answer is i would fight either.
Hey rob thanks for doing this!

Is there anyone in the top five you think stylistically you match up well with?
i think some fights would be messier than others but i honestly believe i have a style that makes me tough for most guys
And have any of the top five turned down fights with you that you know of?
Not that i personally know of, but i have asked for all of them. But i know they are all looking for smart fights and im a danger to most of the guys in the division.
Welcome, Rob!

Do you feel added pressure when fighting at home, especially now that you're the highest ranked Aussie fighter, compared to your last fight against Natal?
Sometimes i feel the eyes of my friends and family looking down on me but once the fight starts usually all other thoughts apart from me not trying to get my head punched in leave me lol
Hey Robert! I really enjoyed your fight with Hall.

If UFC offered you Rockhold or Anderson Silva, who would you pick?
if i had to pick i would probably go with silva only because hes such a legend and i would love to fight someone i revered almost godlike when i was younger.
What is your favorite submission to use?

Hey @Robert Whittaker thanks for dropping in! I'm a huge fan, it's been great seeing you make so much noise up at 185.

I was impressed with your toughness in your last fight against Natal, if I remember correctly you injured your hand and your foot but still fought aggressively and got the win. Have you been able to get back to training after healing your injuries and how soon can we look forward to seeing you at 100%?
Yep back 100% took abit of time for rehab to get my hand as prepared as one can for throwing it into skulls lol but im definitely looking for a fight in November !

Welcome Robert, what's your stance on the fighters union that is trying to be built? Would you support it?
I think it would be a great thing but im going to sit of the fence until its up and running and i can go online and fill out an application form hahahahahaha
Hey Robert, whats up?! Question: What do you think of Shogun going to 185? Is this a good move for his carreer at this point? And whos the best 185er nowadays in your opinion? Cheers!
Um, who can say really but the dudes in 185 dont hit any softer and they are a hell of alot faster. But hes a legend so who knows
Hey Rob. You are awesome.

What was it that you shared with the fans during the last PPV card you did an appearance at?
I have no idea what your talking about ahhaahah
Cheers. Huge fan.

Thanks for taking the time Robert.

These days there is a lot of talk of fighters ducking other fighters. Do you guys really have a lot of say in who you fight?

Thanks Rob! Big fan of yours and you're my favorite UFC MW right now.

So Bisping is a fight that has eluded you and a fighter I feel you natch up very well against. Do you still see that fight happening sooner than later?
yep unless he retires because im not going anywhere.
What is your favorite way of finishing a fight?
preferably KO
How would you say a background in traditional martial arts has helped your transition into MMA?
more than anything gave me the discipline to stick and understand MMA once i moved into it
Changing weight classes is something common in MMA, but moving up a division is not all that common. It's been a game changer for you and I'd like to see more fighters follow suit.

What has helped you the most now being at 185? Durability? Energy levels? Speed?
All of the above, i was draining myself pretty bad making 170, sometimes doing 18lbs day of .....
And who would you like to beat up next?
anyone really, im just trying to accumulate experience and better myself if i can fight the top 5 dudes i feel i can gain the most from them but at the end of the day im here to fight
Thanks and good luck. May your opponents fear the reaper.

@Robert Whittaker you mentioned
most fighters in your division are
currently looking for "smart fights"

With that in mind, will you, yourself
be looking to do some of the same
after soundly beating a tough guy
without much name value in Natal?

Or do you plan on just accepting
anyone they toss your way?
I only ask because I see benefits
for you with both paths being that
you are still young & have an
entire international market behind
you...

Thanks for the entertaining fights.
That Hester fight was buckwild!

What was with all the guys running around naked on tuf smashes?

Aah shit I should have kept my mouth shut...

Hey Rob, big fan here.

I feel like you get overlooked when people talk about MW title contenders, wondering if you feel likewise? If so, do you think this is in part to your respectful demeanour, and have you considered going down the path of creating drama with other top fighters (like some of your contemporaries have done, leading to title fights) in order to get your name thrown into the mix more?
Yea the fact i get overlooked could be because of numerous reasons, i live in AUS, im quiet, im young. I could try to stir up noise and drama but that wouldnt be me and i cant go into a fight pretending im someone im not. I'll make my own noise but belting them all haha
Whats up Rob, loving your recent stint in the MW division after moving up. Definitely feel that you can go on to win the belt down the line, your speed and power at 185 has impressed me a ton.

Who was the hardest hitting fighter you've faced?
natal had a surprisingly hard overhand lol
Wonderboy has a unique style in the UFC atm, what does he do better than other fighters you've fought and is his range and timing completely different to any fighter you've fought before?
hmmm it was a different fight different time, his timing is amazing and he hits hard
How do you feel you could match up against the current top 5 at MW?
I feel i have all the tools i need to take these killers out.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, {<Mcgoat}

Hey Robert! big fan here ever since the Colton fight, you're even on my signature.
Some random questions:
-How much do you weigh come fight night?
92kgs im not sure what that is in pounds
-Favorite MMA fight of all time?
the first nate and conner fight lol
-Favorite fighter of all time?
probably nic diaz
-Are you a fan of any fighter currently competing in other divisions in the UFC?
fan of a bunch of dudes that ive met and are cool !
-Do you play any videogames, if so which ones?
i play a bunch of games, atm just kicking FO4 again.
Hope to see you kicking ass soon bro.

Who is the goat?

Thanks for the answer @Robert Whittaker, appreciate it.

"-Favorite MMA fight of all time?
the first nate and conner fight lol"

Hahahahahah, Rob just made himself an enemy of the army of Conor nuthuggers :p

What's your top 3 anime?
probably code geas, 7 deadly sins, mirai nikki
Hi @Robert Whittaker

Who do you think will win these MW fights?

Bisping vs Henderson
bisping but hoping hendo
Rockhold vs Jacare
anyones game
Weidman vs Romero
weidman assuming he looks both ways when crossing the road

Thanks for taking the time Robert.

These days there is a lot of talk of fighters ducking other fighters. Do you guys really have a lot of say in who you fight?
some guys do, some guys dont lol if that makes sense

If you watched the tuf show Robert was on. All the lads stripped down and were running naked in the tuf house. Was one of the craziest seasons.
lol idk i kinda just tried sleeping the time away, alot of the dudes were nuts

Silly question: Robert, would you fight TRTtor, lol?... Scary mofo :p

I understand they can inconvenience the fighters, but how do you feel about USADA?

Also some brazilian media said that the rumor was of you fighting Weidman.... Pretty crazy, huh?

@robertwhittaker

enjoyed your fights mate.

things are going good in my life but super stressful, because of many things swirling in my head right now before bed I dont have a question to ask.

I have found some of your fights super exciting though and think your a good fighter, I need to watch more of them no doubt.

Whittaker...the entire MW division is old except you. The division is your oyster and you've got nothing but time to start fine tuning your game before you win the title.

Do you think Bisping ducked you because he was afraid of you?
maybe because it wasnt a clever fight for him, but i dont know really maybe he was hurt ?
I love that karate blitz. The belt is yours.

Bisping went running!

What are your honest opinions of Hendo facing Bisping?
abit of bullshit but hendo is awesome and i hope he takes he head off hahah
Of Weidman, rock hold, Souza, Romero, Anderson.... Who would you least like to face en route to a title shot?
romero would be a nice fight
Thanks for taking the time to do this, Robert.

Simple question: Who is your favorite active fighter?
hmm i really like mark hunto lol
Who hits harder Uriah or Stephen Thompson? And which one was the toughest opponent?
its too hard to figure that out because of the weight difference
It's been 2.5 years since the fluke loss to Wonderboy.

1. Rematch: who takes it?
whos knows im fat now lol
2. Would you have the WW belt now if you defeated Wonderboy?
probably not i could have made the weight too many more times.

Here is a question!

Could you ever see yourself fighting outside of the UFC in your prime?

Hi @Robert Whittaker !

big fan from sydney, and been rooting for you since you were in the smashes house.

one thing i always want to know about a person is, are you a cats or dogs person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back