On a scale from 1-10 (highest), where would you rank Tony Ferguson on the Cringe-O-Meter?

dragonclaw

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
upload_2018-10-17_7-5-15.png
He gets a solid 7.5 from me, well on his way to moving up the ranks.

I understand selling fights and everything, but Tony Ferguson’s play at hyping up fights is quite possibly the most cringeworthy things to watch, ever. The guy is legit at something, and it’s not fighting, it’s mastering the art of cringe.

He’s not at the Tito Ortiz “jackal story” level yet but he’s damn well on his way.

His fights are awesome so I don’t really care

giphy.gif

Me whenever he does anything outside of the Octagon

A solid 9. He just needs to stay quiet and fight. He can't talk shit for shit.

His fights are great fun, I don't read the tabloids

On the Cringe-O-Meter, Fergie is:

A Mile behind Colby Covington.

A Mile ahead of everyone else.

His cringe is the only kind of good cringe.

There truth in that cringe and the truth is starting to takeover.

Tony bless.

Colby is an 11 and Conor is a 10. Tony is like a 3.

Just skip all the promo garbage tbh.

He balances out his cringe with always wanting to fight, always delivering and being awesome.

View attachment 455355
He gets a solid 7.5 from me, well on his way to moving up the ranks.

I understand selling fights and everything, but Tony Ferguson’s play at hyping up fights is quite possibly the most cringeworthy things to watch, ever. The guy is legit at something, and it’s not fighting, it’s mastering the art of cringe.

He’s not at the Tito Ortiz “jackal story” level yet but he’s damn well on his way.

He is a solid 10 on fighter meter but on cringe o meter3 he is like 13/10, still like him

His cringe has won me over. He has doubled and tripled down on it. It’s who he is, it isn’t forced or fake and it’s starting to become funny as hell rather than cringe.

He's weird as fuck, but is fun as hell to watch fight and has heart for days.

Every UFC fighter should strive to fight like Tony.

Pretty much at the top of the scale.

Watched one of his interviews from the media day and he said something like "This is a rat race but I'm no rat. I'm a turtle. A motherfucking ninja turtle! Which one is your favourite? [awkward silence] I like Michelangelo.... next question".

This was said in a very angry "I'm a badass" kind of tone without a hint of humour or irony.

Back