On a scale from 1-10 (highest), where would you rank Tony Ferguson on the Cringe-O-Meter?

He's a very good 7 with the potential of getting up to 8. He's doing well, but I can't see him beating Bruce Buffer, who has been known to reach 9.85 on a fairly regular basis.

He's not nearly as obnoxious as Colby, Mac, Lee or Nate and his fights are entertaining because of how rounded his skill sets are.

He tried to defend his cringe by being cringe. I'm not sure if he's trying to hype but he might just be Eddie Bravo level crazy which is why he's good at what he does.

Tony is a very intense person and very weird. And his fights are totally nuts and epic!!! he is so exciting and fun to watch. Probably my most favorite fighter to watch in UFC on entire roster. I don't know about cringe ranking, but if I had to rate his cardio it would be 100000000

I don't see what's cringy about him, I like when the guy talks, it's always funny and entertaining. He gave us classics like the ankle pick threat and the where is your kid incident.

View attachment 455355
He gets a solid 7.5 from me, well on his way to moving up the ranks.

I understand selling fights and everything, but Tony Ferguson’s play at hyping up fights is quite possibly the most cringeworthy things to watch, ever. The guy is legit at something, and it’s not fighting, it’s mastering the art of cringe.

He’s not at the Tito Ortiz “jackal story” level yet but he’s damn well on his way.
Since I socialize with hundreds of people daily , I get to see many personalities ,

I don't find it cringe one bit, he has that beat to his own drum personality

Those are the artisitic types and unique individuals in the sea of bland copy cats

It's refreshing and only socially challenged people find it cringe

I love Tony acting and looking creepy. He looked liked a fucking gremlin last fight, shit had me pumped.
ngemy0ynuoq11.jpg

92594565.jpg

Last edited:
I found his talk cringy in the beginning. Now I'm laughin my ass off whenever he gives an interview. He managed to turn his cringy talk into comedy

Cringe or not you gotta like the guy.

If you expect anything resembling normal..good luck. He is just a bizarre, different type of dude.

But if you know it going in he's entertaining imo.

Cringe or not you gotta like the guy.

Lol he would've got smoked by Werdum

He kinda looks like a mini Werdum there

Dude has guts!!!

View attachment 455355
He gets a solid 7.5 from me, well on his way to moving up the ranks.

I understand selling fights and everything, but Tony Ferguson’s play at hyping up fights is quite possibly the most cringeworthy things to watch, ever. The guy is legit at something, and it’s not fighting, it’s mastering the art of cringe.

He’s not at the Tito Ortiz “jackal story” level yet but he’s damn well on his way.

We'll go with a 4. He's got some comedic moments. He's got to be aware of the public opinion and is amping his act ironically.

Rated 10/10 for Fighting Spirit btw.

He's a terrible shit talker, so he's taken the "crazy" route. I say 8. If he wasn't such an exciting fighter I'd put him at 10

His cringe has won me over. He has doubled and tripled down on it. It’s who he is, it isn’t forced or fake and it’s starting to become funny as hell rather than cringe.
If cringe is part of someone's personality, I don't mind it, but cringe as a result of someone trying to force something (a la Covington or Buentello) is like nails on a chalkboard.

Back