So did Goddard mess up the Simon fight?

podsox

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Or the other ref in the cage? Still don't buy his bs explanation

however it went, it isn't hard to imagine that these odd "is he asleep or is he still with it" moments are going to cause a change in the near future. it not terribly tv friendly to have a guy choked out for what may have been 25 seconds.

The bell rang, the fight is over

Refs shouldn’t be able to call a stoppage after the time has expired

If a fighter is out when the horn sounds, then he lost.

Whether it's a knockout, or in this case, a chokeout.

How do you know he was out, he seemed fine to me the doctors were talking to him just fine,

How do you know he was out, he seemed fine to me the doctors were talking to him just fine,

That was after he woke up. He was out for a few seconds. You wake up quick from a chokeout when they let go right away.

That was after he woke up. He was out for a few seconds. You wake up quick from a chokeout when they let go right away.
I didn’t see that at all. Too hard to make that call unless ur the ref, and the ref has to make the call within the time limit. He had 40 seconds to do that.

Should have went to the judges

But how do we know he was out when the horn sounds. The choke isnt taken off into after the bell. So basically the ref is guessing.

Hard to say..i only saw him talking to buffer. Have to give him props for an excellent call in the heavyweight bout by not stopping it when sherman looked done, giving him a chance to battle through it where other refs wouldve called it. Im sure he wouldve made the correct call if was involved in some way in the final ruling of the simon fight as he seems to be the most competent ref around now.

Crazy fight ending. Still wrapping my mind around it all. Unique situation

I didn’t see that at all. Too hard to make that call

But how do we know he was out when the horn sounds.

uSMDfvw.gif

Exactly

How many times did fighters almost break down after the final bell ? Jones toe was broken to shit and couldn’t even stand, there are endless of examples where a fighter was getting mauled in the last round, made it to the bell and won a decision

If the ref didn’t stop it during the round, and the fighter didn’t tap then i don’t see how that could be a stoppage

Another pathetically amateur moment in a long history of pathetically amateur moments in MMA reffing history

Lol, he wasn't "exhausted". Energy was the one thing that lunatic had plenty of.

What he didn't have was enough blood going to his brain anymore.

He stopped riding the bike when the bell sounded, meaning he was conscious of his effort and wanted to show the ref he wasn’t out, he was just about, but wasn’t

We’re entering an era where not getting subbed is getting TKO’d

Back