Whittaker is just better than Romero. Plain and Simple

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Romero is a beast but he just doesnt throw enough strikes to beat a healthy Whittaker.

He is obviously very explosive and athletic (Joe Rogan Voice) and can knock out anybody on any given night....
But during rounds he seems to just wait for the big shot, throw a few, conserve his energy, do it again, and again.. etc... But that aint working against that boy Bobby Knuckles. He moves too much, his footworks is awesome, he stays busy, he throws alot more kicks, and has clearly one of the most underrated takedown defenses in the game. Whittaker is just better.. Dude stuffed most of Romeros takedowns and when he was taken down he popped back up.. BEAST

And we have yet to see him fight Romero for longer than 1 round with a healthy knee.

Lets just starch Jacare and beat Romero 2 times in a row and become
of the greatest MW's ever. Lets just do that.

Romero aint winning this one boys. Bobby by decision again

tumblr_osttmcLXq01u6fe5yo1_500.gif

(How the hell does somebody eat that shot though? Iron chin Yoel)

Last edited:
A 100% healthy Whittaker.... yeah, I agree. A Whittaker that has had a year off with a bad knee injury and life threatening staff infection in his stomach? Maybe not... It's hard to imagine that he'll be able to keep the same pace he normally does after what he's been through over the last year. And I think Romero will be an improved fighter this time around.

We shall find out soon enough.

A 40 year old wrestler with terrible cardio vs a medio welterweight. The mw division is really in a bad state.

I’m going with the younger guy... while I wait for the division to heal up.

A 40 year old wrestler with terrible cardio vs a medio welterweight. The mw division is really in a bad state.

That 'medio welterweight' is on an incredible run. He's only fighting who they are putting in front of him which is a bunch of killers.

Whittaker moved up to MW because the cut was draining him and proceeds to starch everyone he fought.

He's in the process of on the greatest MW win streak in history.. and he's still a mediocre WW huh?

And wait for the division to heal up? Who's gonna get healthy and beat him? Weidman?

I think Yoel is gonna knock that block off. He won't choose the panic wrestling tactic this time around. He just wanted that belt and thought wrestling him would be a cake walk. Yoel via KO round 2.

I think Yoel is gonna knock that block off. He won't choose the panic wrestling tactic this time around. He just wanted that belt and thought wrestling him would be a cake walk. Yoel via KO round 2.

I think you're wrong brah.

come at me

Didn't Whittaker himself recently say that a fight with Yoel is 50 / 50?

Romero and Whittaker are both excellent MWs.

That 'medio welterweight' is on an incredible run. He's only fighting who they are putting in front of him which is a bunch of killers.
He is on an incredible run. Not many guys can move up in weight after a failed run a weightclass down, And beat everyone. We all love Whitaker, but I don’t see anyone doing this if mw wasn’t a bit weak right now.

Whittaker moved up to MW because the cut was draining him and proceeds to starch everyone he fought.

He's in the process of on the greatest MW win streak in history.. and he's still a mediocre WW huh?

And wait for the division to heal up? Who's gonna get healthy and beat him? Weidman?
Sure, Whittaker is doing great. Great streak in the current division. It is just a vacuum after Anderson, Vitor, Hendo got old, so all WWs Are moving up to get some «easy» fights before mw heals up. Give it two-three years, And everything is back to normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back