Whittaker is just better than Romero. Plain and Simple

He is on an incredible run. Not many guys can move up in weight after a failed run a weightclass down, And beat everyone. We all love Whitaker, but I don’t see anyone doing this if mw wasn’t a bit weak right now.
Whittaker, Gastelum, Rockhold, Romero, Souza, Weidman... Weak isn't exactly the word I'd use right now.

Whittaker, Gastelum, Rockhold, Romero, Souza, Weidman... Weak isn't exactly the word I'd use right now.
Weak was a strong word, I agree, but weaker. Great fighters, but I dont think they would get close to the title during Andersons reign. Neither would Bisping.

I do not get where you are coming from.

The MW division has historically been much weaker than it is now, with the exception of Anderson Silva himself. And Romero has beaten most of the top MW s of this era: Weidman, Rockhold, Jacare, Kennedy. Outside of his loss to Whittaker, he's been nothing short of amazing in the UFC. Yoel has easily established himself as a top five MW of all time. Go ahead and name me five MWs better than Yoel.
I think guys like Maia, Marquardt, Sonnen would be competitive, win some lose some. Guys like Vitor, Hendo, Anderson And a prime Franklin would probably best them all.

Nobody is saying the division is bad now, but I believe it is a vacuum after several of the top guys fell off, so several WWs grab the opportunity.

This is always very sensitive. We see it at lw, hw, And WW, where most guys on Sherdog claim the current champ is always the greatest of all time at his weightclass. Today it is Khabib And Whittaker/Romero And Stipe, And in two years the same guys will claim that the current champ, someone new is the best ever. Just normal UFC hype.

Weak was a strong word, I agree, but weaker. Great fighters, but I dont think they would get close to the title during Andersons reign. Neither would Bisping.

Wait, you don't think Yoel, Rockhold, Whittaker, etc. would get past Maia, Lutter, Lietes, Cote, Marquardt, etc...?

Lmao you trollin'. Andy in his prime would be lucky to be fringe top 5 guy right now.

I disagree. I think Romero takes it this time. The last fight was close, real close, with Whitaker rightfully taking the decision, but Romero has been looking really good lately, and his stand up is no joke. Would love to see Romero as champion. He'd be a fun champion lol.

As of lately? He literally only fought Rockhold

Wait, you don't think Yoel, Rockhold, Whittaker, etc. would get past Maia, Lutter, Lietes, Cote, Marquardt, etc...?

Lmao you trollin'. Andy in his prime would be lucky to be fringe top 5 guy right now.
Just like kids here claim that GSP had a weak run, and wouldn’t survive long in todays WW division, BJ only fought cans, And all of todays top 5 HWs would kill prime Fedor. In 5 years some new kids will piss on the weak mma scene in 2018. It is just normal, but I dont agree.

Romero is a beast but he just doesnt throw enough strikes to beat a healthy Whittaker.

He is obviously very explosive and athletic (Joe Rogan Voice) and can knock out anybody on any given night....
But during rounds he seems to just wait for the big shot, throw a few, conserve his energy, do it again, and again.. etc... But that aint working against that boy Bobby Knuckles. He moves too much, his footworks is awesome, he stays busy, he throws alot more kicks, and has clearly one of the most underrated takedown defenses in the game. Whittaker is just better.. Dude stuffed most of Romeros takedowns and when he was taken down he popped back up.. BEAST

And we have yet to see him fight Romero for longer than 1 round with a healthy knee.

Lets just starch Jacare and beat Romero 2 times in a row and become
of the greatest MW's ever. Lets just do that.

Romero aint winning this one boys. Bobby by decision again

tumblr_osttmcLXq01u6fe5yo1_500.gif

(How the hell does somebody eat that shot though? Iron chin Yoel)

I absolutely agree. Kid evolved into a perfect fighter. I love his fast and smart style.

Love Romero, too. Good thing they fight again.

A 40 year old wrestler with terrible cardio vs a medio welterweight. The mw division is really in a bad state.

I’m going with the younger guy... while I wait for the division to heal up.

Enough with this canard.

Dude has the most third round finishes in UFC history, and he was very competitive in the fifth round against Whittaker in the first fight.

Just like kids here claim that GSP had a weak run, and wouldn’t survive long in todays WW division, BJ only fought cans, And all of todays top 5 HWs would kill prime Fedor. In 5 years some new kids will piss on the weak mma scene in 2018. It is just normal, but I dont agree.

Georges has a spectacular resume and could be champ today. Fedor has a solid one too, and were he in his prime today he could be champ.

A 40 year old wrestler with terrible cardio vs a medio welterweight. The mw division is really in a bad state.

I’m going with the younger guy... while I wait for the division to heal up.
It's the strongest it's been... probably ever lol

Just like DC beats all LHWs in the history of the sport? Or Stipe is the best HW ever? Or GSP would not survive todays WW division? Or the current top 10 LWs kill all the guys Bj fought?

Guys always believe the UFC hype.. the current top guys Are the best ever..

I don’t believe that, just as I don’t believe the hyped mw division. I have been a fan of Jacare forever, And I am a fan of Whitaker And Luke, And I really enjoy watching Romero fight.. but I don’t think they would reach the top a few years back.

Just like DC beats all LHWs in the history of the sport? Or Stipe is the best HW ever? Or GSP would not survive todays WW division? Or the current top 10 LWs kill all the guys Bj fought?

Guys always believe the UFC hype.. the current top guys Are the best ever..

I don’t believe that, just as I don’t believe the hyped mw division. I have been a fan of Jacare forever, And I am a fan of Whitaker And Luke, And I really enjoy watching Romero fight.. but I don’t think they would reach the top a few years back.
No, It's jon jones. Not Cormier.

But yea it's true for Stipe. Yeah it's true for the trio of champs at LW and yeah it's true for middleweight too

Tom Brady is better than Johnny Unitas too. Lebron is better than Wilt Chamberlain. Sports evolve, everything evolves. it's the way of the world.

No, It's jon jones. Not Cormier.

But yea it's true for Stipe. Yeah it's true for the trio of champs at LW and yeah it's true for middleweight too

Tom Brady is better than Johnny Unitas too. Lebron is better than Wilt Chamberlain. Sports evolve, everything evolves. it's the way of the world.
Marketing evolves

Yeah, it's ridiculous to say that the 2018 MW division is weak.

I think the most stacked the UFC MW division has ever been must have been around 2016-2017 when we still had Mousasi plus Romero, Rockhold, Jacare, Weidman, Whittaker.
And 2 years ago veterans like Silva and Vitor were not completely counted out yet.

Romero is a beast but he just doesnt throw enough strikes to beat a healthy Whittaker.

He is obviously very explosive and athletic (Joe Rogan Voice) and can knock out anybody on any given night....
But during rounds he seems to just wait for the big shot, throw a few, conserve his energy, do it again, and again.. etc... But that aint working against that boy Bobby Knuckles. He moves too much, his footworks is awesome, he stays busy, he throws alot more kicks, and has clearly one of the most underrated takedown defenses in the game. Whittaker is just better.. Dude stuffed most of Romeros takedowns and when he was taken down he popped back up.. BEAST

And we have yet to see him fight Romero for longer than 1 round with a healthy knee.

Lets just starch Jacare and beat Romero 2 times in a row and become
of the greatest MW's ever. Lets just do that.

Romero aint winning this one boys. Bobby by decision again

tumblr_osttmcLXq01u6fe5yo1_500.gif

(How the hell does somebody eat that shot though? Iron chin Yoel)

The guys in his 40s ffs. If he was in his 20s he would destroy the whole division

Bj penn would've been torn up by current Khabib, Ferg and Conor

Sorry if you can't see that, I guess
And Bendo was overrated, the mw top 5 would kill Anderson, Stipe mauls prime Cro Cop/Nog, And DC kills Chuck/Rampage/Hendo without much effort?

It is easy to believe the hype. The UFC is doing a good job of making kids believe that the current fighters Are the best ever. It is their job as promotors. Don’t be naive.

Maybe, maybe not but I believe beating just a few of the ones I listed would take away the 'Anderson ruled a weak division argument'. Granted, he couldn't beat Weidman and Bisping was in fortunate favor of pure chance.

Back