Stop complaining about the interim belt in RDA vs Colby, the fight doesn't happen without it!

Ragnus

K-1 Heavyweight Champion
@Green
Reaction score
There have been times for sure where the UFC rightfully should be criticized for creating interim belts but this isn't one of them. 170 has this weird problem where no one is fighting each other because everyone thinks they deserve a title shot, the problem is the champion is currently injured. So how do they get people to fight each other? They create an interim belt, this fight doesn't get made without the interim belt so in this case I'm happy there is one.
WAR COLBY!

1eu95f.jpg

TS has not seen a Colby fight pre-boomerang

Wouldn't have been too bothered if the fight didn't happen
Guess i'm free to complain away
<DirkMavs>

who's dumb enough to complain that this is 5 rounds instead of 3?

All of these important fights need to be 5 rounds. If that means more interim belts who cares.

There have been times for sure where the UFC rightfully should be criticized for creating interim belts but this isn't one of them. 170 has this weird problem where no one is fighting each other because everyone thinks they deserve a title shot, the problem is the champion is currently injured. So how do they get people to fight each other? They create an interim belt, this fight doesn't get made without the interim belt so in this case I'm happy there is one.
WAR COLBY!

fight shold be happening at all. Woodley said he can fight in july or aug. so why interm it when tda should be fighting Woodley for the real thing.

fight shold be happening at all. Woodley said he can fight in july or aug. so why interm it when tda should be fighting Woodley for the real thing.
do you know how long by june or august it will have been since a meaningful fight happened at 170, these top contenders need to be fighting each other the reality is RDA isn't any more deserving of a title shot then Wonderboy and Colby.

do you know how long by june or august it will have been since a meaningful fight happened at 170, these top contenders need to be fighting each other the reality is RDA isn't any more deserving of a title shot then Wonderboy and Colby.

so beating maia jumps him over rda I think not.

there no need for a interm belt when Woodley defended the belt 4 times in a year.

Just make it the main event, fuck the interim title. I thought that was the point of implementing 5-round non title bouts.

I agree with you but to WME, this fight sells better than the Woodley one. Brazilians will be out in droves to see this clown get beat.

so beating maia jumps him over rda I think not.

there no need for a interm belt when Woodley defended the belt 4 times in a year.
Maia is a better win than robbie lawler

who's dumb enough to complain that this is 5 rounds instead of 3?

All of these important fights need to be 5 rounds. If that means more interim belts who cares.
They make 5 round fights without belts all the time.

Colby never would have accepted fight without it.

He happily would have sat on the sideline, done his B level pro wrestling and troll everyone on the internet except Usman.
i agree that colby wouldnt have accepted it but neither would have RDA and thats a fact, RDA has been going on for ages that he deserves a title shot when he isn't even a clear number 1 contender.

Back