UFC legend Oleg Taktarov supports Alexander Volkov, says he's the next champ

executionermma

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

taktarov_medium.jpg

Interesting, while i've seen a lot of excitement from people in the north of Russia that i follow, not a single word from Khabib or other russian fighters from Dagestan congratulating Alexander Volkov (he's from Moscow), seems like there's no such thing as Russian nationalism, Muslim russians will only support each other, am i wrong?

Last edited:
Tribalism runs deep in 'Russia', especially in the Caucauses. Dagestanis are Dagestanis until death.

Tribalism runs deep in 'Russia', especially in the Caucauses. Dagestanis are Dagestanis until death.
Yeah i get it, but i thought all russians would support each other against people from other countries. Nop, they just don't care.

They say Northern Caucus fighters and athletes are only
Russian when they win on a high stage, like Sadulaev. If Khabib wins gold, they will call him Russian in Moscow, but if he gets Eddie Alvarezed by Conor, he will once again be a Dagestani.

Are we gonna pretend like its any different for every country except America

Ahhh, good old Oleg... I’ve always respected the man for his big accomplishments inside and outside the octagon...

He did it during the NHB era when MMA has shit pay, then went on as a heavily accented typecast goon and has had a very successful career acting and doing roles outside of what you would expect.

War Oleg and Drago...

They say Northern Caucus fighters and athletes are only
Russian when they win on a high stage, like Sadulaev. If Khabib wins gold, they will call him Russian in Moscow, but if he gets Eddie Alvarezed by Conor, he will once again be a Dagestani.
Yeah i read about it somewhere, but Dagestanis themselves seems fine with that, not supporting their fellow russian athletes who aren't from North Caucasus, so whatever, it's fair i think, i find very interesting how separatism (Dagestan, Ossetia, Chechnya etc all wanted independence at some point) affects sports and culture there. I wonder if Khabib is the one to unify Russia when it comes to MMA.
No such thing in Brazil when it comes to MMA/most sports, it's a thing in soccer though

Dagestani's sees russia are their colonizer, it's not unusual at all.

In America its only race related. White fighter gets cheered no matter where he's from. Hell look at these forums, bet most of these newfound irish and russians live in the states. Yet root for gus over jones, or conor over anyone. Its not just russia.

Yeah i read about it somewhere, but Dagestanis themselves seems fine with that, not supporting their fellow russian athletes who aren't from North Caucasus, so whatever, it's fair i think, i find very interesting how separatism (Dagestan, Ossetia, Chechnya etc all wanted independence at some point) affects sports and culture there. I wonder if Khabib is the one to unify Russia when it comes to MMA.

No such thing in Brazil when it comes to MMA/most sports, it's a thing in soccer though

The problem is 2 Checnen wars.

Most of Caucasus supported Chechens inb first war, but after seeing it brought only death and misfirtune and that Chechnya started to become center of Jihadism, narco and human trafficicking, they changed their minds.

Most Dagestani and others want to live in peace and not war.

Still there are a lot of cultural differences that provide a lot of conflict.

When guys from Caucasus go to big russian cities like Moscow and etc, most of them start acting
badly - pressing their islamic beleifs.
They see most girls who are dressed lightly as prostitutes and that they are free to take by force.
And they like to fight and provoke fights as well.

Also, lot of them are doing criminal business - drugs, extorsion, smuggling, etc,
since a lot of them are too priud to work simple jobs like market, etc.

So there are conflicts between russians and caucasians, although Putin made a lot
for it to disappear, it still runs.

I don't know, if Taktarov is being told "Hurr Durr NATIONALISM!!!!!" just because he supported a fellow countrymen, then it sure as hell is the same in Brazil. Most of them support each other, plenty of examples.

Btw, just to be clear, I'm not saying its a bad thing

I don't know, if Taktarov is being told "Hurr Durr NATIONALISM!!!!!" just because he supported a fellow countrymen, then it sure as hell is the same in Brazil. Most of them support each other, plenty of examples.

Btw, just to be clear, I'm not saying its a bad thing
I think you missed my point, it's not only about Oleg, like i said i've seen a lot of support to Volkov win from people from the North, like guys from Moscow and St. Petesburg, but when it comes to Dagestan, Chechnya etc? Silence. They don't get excited or even happy about other russians wins in the global scene at all, it seems. There's nationalism in Russia, but it doesn't include the Caucasus, that's what i meant, sorry.

Can he sound any more like a russian?

Lmfao I love those russians

Do you mind elaborating on that please? Don't know anything about it.
Oh, there was some serious brutality that went on between Russia (Moscow) and the Dagestans/Chechens recently (1990's-2000's). There was a video that was filmed and went viral of some Russian soldiers being slowly beheaded by northern caucus muslims, and many people consider it to be the most brutal video of all time. Those images, sentiments and feelings won't die anytime soon, on both sides.

Last edited:
WTF is he talking about "First real Russian champion???"

FedorBelts.jpg

Fuck outta here brain damaged,Oleg.

Back