What will Bisping’s legacy be IF he gets finished back to back by two blown up WWs?

VERBAL-FEDOR

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This Bisping fairytale has been milked long enough.

He is a career journeyman who got lucky for one moment in time by a guy that did not take him seriously(mostly because he had already easily finished Bisping with one arm in their first meeting).

Now you have Hoe Rogaine and other idiots claiming he is an “all time” great MW?

I ask you Sherdoggers, how will Left Eye Larry be remembered if he gets starched back to back by two guys that belong at 170?

Please be fair and realize that he lost the rematch against 47 year old Hendo and also lost to Matt Hamil years ago BUT since both those fights were in England....well you know...

Hyped up journeyman.
giphy.gif

Won't be good. It's funny how far his stock has fallen in just a few weeks. GSP was smart he knew Bisping's price was overvalued. Just a typical market correction.

even if he wins, no legacy. no legend.

Won't be good. It's funny how far his stock has fallen in just a few weeks. GSP was smart he knew Bisping's price was overvalued. Just a typical market correction.
Exactly, tell me you didn’t barf a little when Rogain said he was one of the most UNDERRATED MWs in history....

Perhaps the most Overhyped ever.

Exactly, tell me you didn’t barf a little when Rogain said he was one of the most UNDERRATED MWs in history....

Perhaps the most Overhyped ever.

lol Overhype is rogan's midlde name. he's got a job to do.

Would that make his legacy worse or even worse for Anderson and rocksalt?

a great man. a fighters fighter. chose to fight over vision, thats dedication

Probably the most underrated fighter in the history of MMA. It's hilarious how little respect he gets and I am not even a fan.

He’s in the top 10 greatest middleweights of all time for sure, but on sherdog you’re either a bum or the GOAT and if you win a UFC title while being a bum it’s cause you “got lucky” lol

Still a great to me. Crazy fucker gave his eye for you fans and his family and continues to fight despite worth of eight figures. Goes out instead of taps.

True warrior.

Is he most skilled?

fuck no but neither are diaz brothers and are still beloved with a way worse record than Mike,

Just so you know the American judges gave Bisping the Hamill and Hendo fights. That kinda disputes your claim that he only won because he was in the UK. Also, most people thought he won the Hendo fight, and I see you don't mention the Chael fight which even Chael thought he lost.

At 38, coming off a loss and with a three week training camp he hasn't got much to lose legacy-wise in this fight. He is going to be remembered as a pioneer in his own country and that's nothing to sneeze at.

What the fuck are you talking about? Bisping is definitely getting in the Hall of Fame.

yeah up in the rafters right next to bonnar with his abysmal record and failed drug tests. Not sure the ufc hall of fame and its subjective criteria for entry should be your benchmark for "legendary" status.

Bisping has been one of the most winning fighters in UFC history with key wins over Anderson Silva (who really had nothing for him outside the dirty knee) and Rockhold and defending his belt and avenging a key loss over another great who was still extremely dangerous in Hendo. And by the TS accounts he is a complete bum.

I am not a Bisping fan but the man deserves some respect. Is he an all time great MMA fighter, no. But he certainly is in the dialogue when you create a list of the top MW's in UFC history.

yeah up in the rafters right next to bonnar with his abysmal record and failed drug tests. Not sure the ufc hall of fame and its subjective criteria for entry should be your benchmark for "legendary" status.
His stats are up there with GSP in criteria like most significant strikes and most wins, he's the first British champion, TUF winner, MW champion, and wins over guys like Silva, Hendo, Rockhold, Stann, Leben, etc. If you think Bonnar's name is anywhere near that then maybe you should get your head checked.

... Rogain said he was one of the most UNDERRATED MWs in history....

To be fair, it's his job to hype people.

Also, Bisping has wins over Dan Henderson, Luke Rockhold, a juiced up Cung Le, Brain Stann, and Anderson Silva. It's a solid resume, that is, underrated.

I'm not a fan... just sayin'.

His stats are up there with GSP in criteria like most significant strikes and most wins, he's the first British champion, TUF winner, MW champion, and wins over guys like Silva, Hendo, Rockhold, Stann, Leben, etc. If you think Bonnar's name is anywhere near that then maybe you should get your head checked.

So stats are the new benchmark. ok.

Back