What will Bisping’s legacy be IF he gets finished back to back by two blown up WWs?

Impressive resilience and perseverance. Good, but not world-beating skills.

So stats are the new benchmark. ok.
Ah yes, just ignore everything else I listed. Nice tactic for debating there, just respond to the shit you feel like and pretend everything else isn't there.

Ah yes, just ignore everything else I listed. Nice tactic for debating there, just respond to the shit you feel like and pretend everything else isn't there.

Well I argued the UFC hall of fame point. effectively I think.
The stats... I have no problem with.

So stats are the new benchmark. ok.
that's one of the dumbest questions I've heard asked by a shertard so congrats for that.

Stats are by far the key benchmark for how good a fighter is. Things like win/loss, strength of schedule, championships, defenses all matter far more than you 'who do you like the best'.

Probably the most underrated fighter in the history of MMA. It's hilarious how little respect he gets and I am not even a fan.

That hail mary vs Rocksalt was literally the only top 5 win of his career. How can he possibly be underrated

that's one of the dumbest questions I've heard asked by a shertard so congrats for that.

Stats are by far the key benchmark for how good a fighter is. Things like win/loss, strength of schedule, championships, defenses all matter far more than you 'who do you like the best'.

scroll up.

Well I argued the UFC hall of fame point. effectively I think.
The stats... I have no problem with.
Well you said no legacy. Even Bonnar has a small legacy with the Griffin fight. Hall of Fame means you must have some sort of significant legacy and if you think different feel free to prove me wrong.

I already shown there's more than just stats to Bisping's name.

Bisping has been one of the most winning fighters in UFC history with key wins over Anderson Silva (who really had nothing for him outside the dirty knee) and Rockhold and defending his belt and avenging a key loss over another great who was still extremely dangerous in Hendo. And by the TS accounts he is a complete bum.

I am not a Bisping fan but the man deserves some respect. Is he an all time great MMA fighter, no. But he certainly is in the dialogue when you create a list of the top MW's in UFC history.
That "key" win over Anderson took place after Anderson had a devastating injury, served a drug suspension and had suffered multiple brutal defeats. Anderson hadn't won a fight in 3 1/2 years. Nobody else gets credit for beating clearly past their prime legends, I'm not really sure why so many people try to rewrite history for Bisping. And while the UFC can do whatever they want with matchmaking, I'm sure as hell not playing along and pretending Hendo was a legitimate title defense. Hendo was not even a contender period, let alone the #1 contender.

Bisping beat Rockhold fair and square, the only great win of his career. Good for him. But beating one person you had no business beating doesn't make you an all-time great, ask Matt Serra. Bisping is no bum, but he's been in the lower half of the top 10 for most of his career, having very competitive fights with guys that weren't contenders. It's just absurd to pretend that someone who was not even great during their own time is somehow an all-time great.

That hail mary vs Rocksalt was literally the only top 5 win of his career. How can he possibly be underrated
Hailmary? He hit Luke with that same punch multiple times. Luke Rockhold is just overrated by you. His ground game is the best part of his game. His standup game has holes and he will get highlight reeled again by someone due to those holes. The majority of Bisping's losses are to known cheaters. Who are all these shitty fighters that beat him?

Hailmary? He hit Luke with that same punch multiple times. Luke Rockhold is just overrated by you. His ground game is the best part of his game. His standup game has holes and he will get highlight reeled again by someone due to those holes. The majority of Bisping's losses are to known cheaters. Who are all these shitty fighters that beat him?

So Rocksalt -- his best and only elite win -- is overrated? Hmm

Bisping has some impressive stats that he can point to on his resume and won the title. He also has a nice gig on UFC on FOX.

I doubt anything we say on this forum is going to change that.

So what's Ping's best win? CB Dollaway? Cung Le?
Luke Rocksalt. What the hell, man? lol does Rockhold suck or something to you since I told you that you overrated him?

Well, he's cemented himself as MW GOAT, so I don't think a loss would do much.

Well you said no legacy. Even Bonnar has a small legacy with the Griffin fight. Hall of Fame means you must have some sort of significant legacy and if you think different feel free to prove me wrong.

I already shown there's more than just stats to Bisping's name.

I have always been opposed to a fighter gaining hall of fame recognition off of one fight completely disregarding the overall career. Yes, I understand the significance of the Bonnar fight. and its a special situation where we might not have been here without that fight. I get that.

028michaelbisping_large_huge.jpg

1klowq.gif

fuckyou.gif

Back