Times you thought a fighter was nearly dead in a fight

MMA__Analyst

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
When Shane Carwin flatened out Frank Mir, it honestly looked like Frank Mir was dead.

hqdefault.jpg

rich franklin vs nate quarry was so brutal

method=get&s=nate-quarry-rich-franklin-gif.gif

Kevin randlemans slam of Fedor and Bob Sapps slam of Big Nog also looked liked murder to me

randleman+fedor+suplex.gif
DqUrUVw.gif

Uriah Hall vs Adam Cella
Gary Goodridge vs Paul Cella
Barboza vs etim
Bader vs latifi was so fucking brutal the way he fell and all the life just left his limbs..
Cro Cop vs Gonzaga
Cro Cop vs wanderlei silva
Jones vs machida, the way his lifeless body fell to the ground looked so brutal.
DC vs Jones, DC looked absolutely lifeless. It took him like 3 minutes to wake up.

I was 100% sure that Munoz will at least never be able to fight again or will have severe brain-damage after the Weidman TKO.
Dude was out after the very first strike seen in the GIF (the elbow).

That was the most horrible stoppage I've ever seen. He ate 17 heavy strikes after going out from the elbow.
weidman-elbows-munoz1_medium.gif

Last edited:
Im a big time Weidman hater but I was legit worried for his health when he got the flying knee by Yoel.

Last edited:
Goodridge v Herrera

Never was KO'd but how Fabio Maldanado survived that savage beating from Glover is beyond me.

I've never been worried. It's rare and newsworthy when someone dies in competition that I'm not worried. A KOd person is supposed to be unconscious and stiffness is a known occurrence. Why think differently when seeing somebody go down that THIS is the real deal?

The way Chuck Liddell just folded to the ground lifeless after Rashad Evans' overhand, I really did worry about his health.
ktfo-chuckvs-rashad.gif

I legitimately thought a fan shot Gonzaga in the head when he folded against Carwin. It didn't look like much in real time, so I worried about something external.
mwpc3c.jpg

Shane Del Rosario after the stipe fight looked terrrrrrible

I legitimately thought a fan shot Gonzaga in the head when he folded against Carwin. It didn't look like much in real time, so I worried about something external.
mwpc3c.jpg

Yeah Carwin could generate so much force in such a small space. It looks like a regular punch, but has the power of a bomb lmao

Cro Cop when he got Cro Copped by Gonzaga. Holy shit that was brutal.

Cro Cop when he got Cro Copped by Gonzaga. Holy shit that was brutal.

The way his leg folded up beneath his thigh was brutal to see. he folded up like a pretzel.

Cro Cop may be the king of left high kick KO's but IMo Gonzaga's head kick of Cro Cop is more brutal than any of cro cop head kick KO's. I know it sounds crazy to say, but it's true lmao.

Shane Del Rosario after the stipe fight looked terrrrrrible

Is it my imagination, or when that first big elbow landed after Stipe's coach yelled for "two minutes of hell" did del Rosario actually say "oh shit!"?

Back