Does the Weidman hate mostly come from his dad?

Fraser B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sure everyone gets hate. But I didn't realize it until last night that holy shit people have a serious problem with Weidman, of all people. Sure he got finished in his last 3 fights against the very best yeah what a loser lmao. But last night he won in convincing fashion against a top figher and wow, just wow.

The hate has to come from his dad doing what he did after the Rockhold loss. He was emotional, he was out of line, and it's fun to make fun of it but that has nothing to do with the skill of Weidman. Get over it. I'm not his dad btw.

his actions in the Mousasi fight lost him alot of fans

He is hated because he beat the fighter who HAD the most virgin nuthuggers. Hence the hate is coming from virgin nuthuggers.

Now the crown goes to Conner.

full

Celebrating when Anderson broke his leg
Hes the real champ (after gastelum fight)
Pulling out and causing the bisping situation
Excuses after he got pummelled by Rockhold

Few reasons why people dislike him.

I think more hate comes from longo and serra, I'd say it's Anderson but the only reason he had fans was because of Anderson.

Weidman beats a bloated WW and he acts like he just beat prime Fedor while calling himself "the real champ".

3 fight losing streak Weidman is delusional and his post fight interviews are cringe.

He is hated because he beat the fighter who HAD the most virgin nuthuggers. Hence the hate is coming from virgin nuthuggers.

Now the crown goes to Conner.
Well this does make sense and I forgot to mention it in my post.

Weidman effortlessly besmirched basically the holy trinity of Brazilophiles in Andy-Machida-Vitor. He'll never exactly be welcomed by a large segment of MMA fans after that lmao

He seemed likeable until he started losing. Then he just seems to come off as a whiny excuse maker.

I think because he's trying to be something on the mic that he isn't in order to get big fights and promote. He comes across awkward at times and his thoughts while speaking don't always appear linear. Add that to him looking slow and tired in the cage at times and I think fans couldn't understand how this dude was winning but he did. Throw in that Sherdog easily holds the angriest internet fans on the planet and I believe that is your answer.

But overall he's a very nice guy and always puts on an entertaining show. He seems to be a legit family man and role model in that regard which is refreshing, too.

The shit talk on his dad is ridiculous

He seems like a real good guy to me

Oh ffs. Was it just that? I have to ask. Because that's the only thing that I didn't like that came from him.
I was never his biggest fan, but I remember pulling for him against Silva and Machisa.

Yeah, that kind of stuff really makes it hard for me to like a fighter

I don't think Weidman's dad hates him, no. At least not from what I've seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back